Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: 68_427 on June 13, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
No.  Plenty of colleges with out of state students.

Pick a state that only requires a rear plate
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

68_427

I was picking Florida cus my mom and brother are moving there in a couple months.. can't just "pick" any state 😂
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

GoCougs

Quote from: Raza  on June 14, 2016, 07:03:15 AM

Is that you, Cougs?   :lol:

No, but this other legal issue I'm dealing with I could end up spending a lot if I move it forward beyond a demand letter...

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on June 18, 2016, 12:59:11 PM
No, but this other legal issue I'm dealing with I could end up spending a lot if I move it forward beyond a demand letter...

Is that the amusement park thing?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

GoCougs

MX793

Quote from: dazzleman on June 07, 2016, 09:41:07 AM
Where would you save?  Registration fees?  Insurance?

Potentially all of the above, though I think if they know the car is being kept/driven in NY most of the time, the insurance rate will be the same as if the car was registered in NY.  NY has like the 2nd highest auto insurance rates in the US due, largely, to NYS's idiotic insurance regulations.  Health insurance is also way higher in NY than the national average (at least double) for similar reasons.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

dazzleman

Quote from: MX793 on June 18, 2016, 08:12:08 PM
Potentially all of the above, though I think if they know the car is being kept/driven in NY most of the time, the insurance rate will be the same as if the car was registered in NY.  NY has like the 2nd highest auto insurance rates in the US due, largely, to NYS's idiotic insurance regulations.  Health insurance is also way higher in NY than the national average (at least double) for similar reasons.

What he really needs to do is get a license in a state without reciprocity with New York, so all the tickets he gets aren't on his record.  The other stuff is nickel and dime stuff in comparison.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rich

122km/h in a 100 (75 in a 62)

speed camera on the way to Rota.  100 euro, but 50 since I paid early.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

dazzleman

Quote from: Rich on June 21, 2016, 06:15:39 AM
122km/h in a 100 (75 in a 62)

speed camera on the way to Rota.  100 euro, but 50 since I paid early.

Good job, man.   :rockon:  My friend at work got the exact same fine from a camera ticket in Spain.

Lebowski

dazzleman

Quote from: Lebowski on July 10, 2016, 01:52:04 PM

Can we get a recap of what this is?

Cougs is suing an amusement park for using a picture of him in its advertising without his consent.

dazzleman

I had a near miss yesterday.  I was driving to the gym, and there's a stretch of road that's pretty open with a 30 mph speed limit.  I usually go 45-50 mph on this stretch with no issues.  There was a car in front of me stubbornly clinging to the low 30s and I was getting irritated, until I looked up and saw a cop sitting perpendicular to the road, apparently clocking drivers' speed.  The person in front of me apparently saw him and slowed down.  With that person blocking me from going faster, I might have gotten nailed.

giant_mtb

Got pulled over for flashing a cop last night.  His brights were on, I'm not stupid, but he said they weren't and that he supposedly flashed back.  "It's actually illegal because you can blind the other driver...two wrongs don't make a right."  Uhhhhhh bro you were blinding me first, and you're the cop.  Turn your fucking brights off. :wtf:

No ticket.  Just an overly long "watch my finger with your eyes only" and a warning.

Edit: I know he had his brights on because it was a new Explorer. His fog lights weren't on until after our interaction was complete and we were going on our way. aka, his brights were on before.

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 18, 2016, 07:26:15 AM
Got pulled over for flashing a cop last night.  His brights were on, I'm not stupid, but he said they weren't and that he supposedly flashed back.  "It's actually illegal because you can blind the other driver...two wrongs don't make a right."  Uhhhhhh bro you were blinding me first, and you're the cop.  Turn your fucking brights off. :wtf:

No ticket.  Just an overly long "watch my finger with your eyes only" and a warning.

Edit: I know he had his brights on because it was a new Explorer. His fog lights weren't on until after our interaction was complete and we were going on our way. aka, his brights were on before.

He was probably.checking you out to see if you were drunk or stoned.  The flashing thing was most likely a pretext.

giant_mtb

Quote from: dazzleman on July 18, 2016, 07:13:38 PM
He was probably.checking you out to see if you were drunk or stoned.  The flashing thing was most likely a pretext.

Well, yeah.  Just kind of a dick way to go about it. 

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 18, 2016, 07:15:50 PM
Well, yeah.  Just kind of a dick way to go about it.

Pretty much, yes.  One time about 30 years ago, I had a cop tail me for a long period of time.  I didn't know what he wanted, but he was tailgating me for miles on a parkway.  I got off the parkway and he followed me off, but finally turned in a different direction.   He never pulled me over and I never figured out what I did to attract his attention.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: dazzleman on July 18, 2016, 07:21:49 PM
Pretty much, yes.  One time about 30 years ago, I had a cop tail me for a long period of time.  I didn't know what he wanted, but he was tailgating me for miles on a parkway.  I got off the parkway and he followed me off, but finally turned in a different direction.   He never pulled me over and I never figured out what I did to attract his attention.

You should've stopped at a liquor store
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

dazzleman

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 19, 2016, 07:48:47 AM
You should've stopped at a liquor store
:lol:
It was late at night.  The liquor stores were closed.

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on July 19, 2016, 05:44:45 PM
:lol:
It was late at night.  The liquor stores were closed.

Even a better reason to stop at one :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 20, 2016, 06:49:57 AM
Even a better reason to stop at one :lol:

I should have stumbled out of the car and kicked in the door to the liquor store.  That would have ended well.

CALL_911

87/65 in Ukiah, CA. Officer lowered it to an 80/65

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 27, 2016, 08:10:33 PM
87/65 in Ukiah, CA. Officer lowered it to an 80/65

What are.you doing in California?  Vacation?  Your dad will be thrilled.... :lol:

CALL_911

Quote from: dazzleman on July 27, 2016, 08:14:03 PM
What are.you doing in California?  Vacation?  Your dad will be thrilled.... :lol:
Randomly decided to make a trip starting in SF, rent a car and drive up to Seattle. I'm currently in Grants Pass, OR

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 27, 2016, 08:24:35 PM
Randomly decided to make a trip starting in SF, rent a car and drive up to Seattle. I'm currently in Grants Pass, OR

Nice.  I hope you're having a fun trip.  Did you go with some buddies or on your own?

Rupert

Up Grant's Ass, eh? What's your route?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

dazzleman

That looks like a fun drive, man.  I wish I had a nice block of time for a drive like that.  I hear that part of California is beautiful.

CALL_911

You'll love this Dave. Got popped today in WA for 74/55. At least these points don't transfer.....

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

Quote from: Rupert on July 27, 2016, 08:52:18 PM
Up Grant's Ass, eh? What's your route?
Started in SF, spent a few days there. Up to Trinidad, CA, then in Roseburg, OR where wr used as a springboard for Crater Lake. Spent a couple days in Portland, drove up to Sequin, WA and did some of Olympic today. Currently in Seattle and planning to hike Mt. Ellinor day after tomorrow.

I'm here with my girlfriend and we rented a Focus hatchback. I'm a fan of the car but I don't love its transmission. I'd like to try a Focus ST or an RS

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Rupert

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 01, 2016, 11:17:31 PM
Started in SF, spent a few days there. Up to Trinidad, CA, then in Roseburg, OR where wr used as a springboard for Crater Lake. Spent a couple days in Portland, drove up to Sequin, WA and did some of Olympic today. Currently in Seattle and planning to hike Mt. Ellinor day after tomorrow.

I'm here with my girlfriend and we rented a Focus hatchback. I'm a fan of the car but I don't love its transmission. I'd like to try a Focus ST or an RS

My ex-girlfriend lives in Arcata (just south of Trinidad). Good job taking the 101 instead of the 5. Did you go up the east side of the Cascades to Portland? And can you correctly pronounce Sequim? :lol:

Check out North Cascades National Park while you're up that way. Entirely epic. I'd recommend that over more Olympics. How much more time do you have?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA