Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on October 20, 2016, 09:34:07 PM
I like to shoot fire from my exhaust at cops

That may explain why you're such a cop magnet and can't stay out of trouble with them.. :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Don't worry Dave it wasn't me, but it was someone I know.  :lol:
'racecar is die'
no

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

dazzleman

Quote from: 68_427 on October 23, 2016, 09:47:19 PM

Don't worry Dave it wasn't me, but it was someone I know.  :lol:

I bet it really was you.... :lol:  What a brilliant maneuver.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: dazzleman on October 25, 2016, 07:39:32 AM
I bet it really was you.... :lol:  What a brilliant maneuver.

No, brilliant would have been pulling into Dunkin Donuts.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 26, 2016, 07:45:20 PM

:lol:
I love that.  I wish I'd had the opportunity or presence of mind to do that when I was younger.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 26, 2016, 07:45:20 PM

And paying for the guy behind him

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

Apparently a guy in Phoenix saw that and decided to do it

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/213949207-story

Video at the link

dazzleman

Quote from: CaminoRacer on October 27, 2016, 04:18:25 PM
Apparently a guy in Phoenix saw that and decided to do it

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/213949207-story

Video at the link

Did Cale take a trip out to Arizona?  :lol:

People do the craziest things.  I actually gave the slip to a cop who was trying to pull me over for speeding once.  It was about 30 years ago.  But it got to the point of a chase.  He was gaining on me but not too close yet, I went around a curve, and suddenly there was a turnoff that I took on a split second decision.  He didn't see me turn because of the curve and kept going straight.  Too bad there wasn't a Dunkin Donuts right there..... :lol:

giant_mtb

Quote from: dazzleman on October 29, 2016, 07:09:48 AM
Did Cale take a trip out to Arizona?  :lol:

People do the craziest things.  I actually gave the slip to a cop who was trying to pull me over for speeding once.  It was about 30 years ago.  But it got to the point of a chase.  He was gaining on me but not too close yet, I went around a curve, and suddenly there was a turnoff that I took on a split second decision.  He didn't see me turn because of the curve and kept going straight.  Too bad there wasn't a Dunkin Donuts right there..... :lol:

I avoided being pulled over once.  Cop was going the opposite direction. Right near the crest of a long hill. Saw his brakes go on. Then I was out of sight, so I turned off the highway onto a back road and booked it.  He didn't find me.  Also, I wasn't doing anything wrong.

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 30, 2016, 03:18:24 PM
I avoided being pulled over once.  Cop was going the opposite direction. Right near the crest of a long hill. Saw his brakes go on. Then I was out of sight, so I turned off the highway onto a back road and booked it.  He didn't find me.  Also, I wasn't doing anything wrong.

In my case, I hadn't seen the cop.over on the side of the road and I drove by at a good amount over the speed limit.  As soon as I passed, he pulled out so I knew he was after me.

Sounds as if we did pretty much the same thing, though I didn't book it when I turned off the parkway since it was a residential neighborhood.  It was a labyrinth of streets and I just got lost in them for a little bit and got back onto the parkway further up.

Why do you think that cop wanted to pull you over?

Rupert

I mean, if all you saw were brake lights, maybe he was just slowing down. :huh:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

68_427

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 30, 2016, 03:18:24 PM

I did this the other day.  Same hill type situation I slammed the brakes, and pulled into the Chevy dealership my friend works at, parked in the back, and went in to say hi.  :lol:
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

It's been too long since anybody here has gotten clipped.  We all need to step up our game.

It occurred to me recently that I've accumulated about 5 camera tickets in the last few years, mainly for going too fast in toll plazas and making an illegal u-turn at one.  I don't consider them real tickets though.  My last real ticket is coming up on 4 years ago.

Laconian

I got a ticket, 74 in a 60. It was bullshit. Got a laywer on da case.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

dazzleman

Quote from: Laconian on February 22, 2017, 02:49:49 PM

Were you doing 74 or did they get the wrong car?

EDIT:  Good to see you're taking the Cougs approach to your ticket.  :lol:

dazzleman

Which car were you driving?

Laconian

dazzleman

Quote from: Laconian on February 22, 2017, 03:26:48 PM
MX5

That's an appropriate car for a ticket.

How much is the lawyer going to cost you?

FoMoJo

You got another ticket?  Didn't you just get one last week?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

dazzleman

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 22, 2017, 03:47:40 PM
You got another ticket?  Didn't you just get one last week?

He's going all badass on us.  I like it.... :lol:

Laconian

Nope, just updating this thread. Only one ticket. I did speed a lot yesterday though, broke the 600mi mark and promptly redlined the piss out of my car for the next half hour. Much funs. Fuel economy went from 33mpg average to... 31.4! :-O

dazzleman

Quote from: Laconian on February 22, 2017, 04:15:28 PM
Nope, just updating this thread. Only one ticket. I did speed a lot yesterday though, broke the 600mi mark and promptly redlined the piss out of my car for the next half hour. Much funs. Fuel economy went from 33mpg average to... 31.4! :-O

What was your top speed?

Laconian

Uh, 85? Earplugs are needed beyond that. Too much wind.

You're not a cop, right? :mask:

dazzleman

Quote from: Laconian on February 22, 2017, 04:42:51 PM
Uh, 85? Earplugs are needed beyond that. Too much wind.

You're not a cop, right? :mask:

Haha, you know I'm not... :lol:

I like your defiant streak, speeding around even while you have a ticket outstanding.  :pullover: :lockedup:

I don't usually pass 85-90 either, though if conditions are perfect, I may push it toward 95 on occasion.  Usually though, I'm in the 80-85 range.

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman