Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

CALL_911

Yeah we passed Arcata. You think N. Cascades is worth it over the hike? I'm planning now and ellinor and NC are equidistant from Seattle.

Got "sqwim" down

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

Here until Thursday. Girl wants to spend tomorrow in downtown Seattle and I wanna do either NC or Mt. Ellinor on Wednesday. Prob gonna do the Boeing tour or something on Thursday before we fly out

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Rupert

I would hike in the N Cascades. Ask at the Visitor's Center in/near Concrete (I think it's Concrete). You might also think about Artist's Point on Mt Baker, but I suspect that's too far. N Cascades are one of the premier mountain ranges in the country. I mean, so are the Olympics...

How about Puyallup?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 01, 2016, 11:13:57 PM
You'll love this Dave. Got popped today in WA for 74/55. At least these points don't transfer.....

:lol:
Keep up the good work!  How much are all these tickets going to cost you?  :evildude:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 01, 2016, 11:52:58 PM
Yeah we passed Arcata. You think N. Cascades is worth it over the hike? I'm planning now and ellinor and NC are equidistant from Seattle.

Got "sqwim" down

That sounds like an awesome trip.  I think I would like to see more of that part of the country.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Rupert on August 01, 2016, 11:59:03 PM
I would hike in the N Cascades. Ask at the Visitor's Center in/near Concrete (I think it's Concrete). You might also think about Artist's Point on Mt Baker, but I suspect that's too far. N Cascades are one of the premier mountain ranges in the country. I mean, so are the Olympics...

How about Puyallup?

I think my aunt lives in Sequim so I got that pronunciation down. Puyallup, on the other hand, trips me up every single time.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

CALL_911

Quote from: Rupert on August 01, 2016, 11:59:03 PM

How about Puyallup?

Was a good suggestion. Could only spend a little bit of time there but it was gorgeous.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Rupert

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 03, 2016, 11:25:29 PM
Was a good suggestion. Could only spend a little bit of time there but it was gorgeous.
Cool! Glad you enjoyed it. Where did you end up going?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Rupert

Quote from: CaminoRacer on August 02, 2016, 05:34:47 AM
I think my aunt lives in Sequim so I got that pronunciation down. Puyallup, on the other hand, trips me up every single time.
Do the Puyallup!

GoCougs

CALL_911

Quote from: Rupert on August 04, 2016, 12:56:01 AM
Cool! Glad you enjoyed it. Where did you end up going?
Did a short hike up Thunder Knob, hung out by Colonial Creek. Drove through the park. Beautiful place

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

Quote from: GoCougs on August 05, 2016, 12:07:39 AM
North Cascades is mind blowing.
Yeah for sure. Seattle is a great place. I was a big fan

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 05, 2016, 07:19:25 AM
Yeah for sure. Seattle is a great place. I was a big fan

I was there in 1992 and I really liked it, though I liked Vancouver a bit better.  Seattle was a little grungy next to Vancouver, which seemed cleaner.  That was a long time ago and it has probably changed a lot.  I'd like to get back.  How was the weather?  It rains a lot there, but the day I was there was beautiful.

And how many tickets did you get on this trip?  Just 2?  Did you find out how much they're going to cost you?

CALL_911

It actually didn't rain once throughout this trip which I was v happy about

Haha just 2. Ones $187, I don't know how much the other is. I feel like an idiot but at least it doesn't affect my driving record in NYS

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 05, 2016, 02:30:36 PM
It actually didn't rain once throughout this trip which I was v happy about

Haha just 2. Ones $187, I don't know how much the other is. I feel like an idiot but at least it doesn't affect my driving record in NYS

Nah, it's part.of the fun of a road trip.  As long as you didn't get the two of them within 10 minutes of each other as I did once.  I really did feel like an idiot that time... :lol:

CALL_911

Quote from: dazzleman on August 05, 2016, 02:46:27 PM
Nah, it's part.of the fun of a road trip.  As long as you didn't get the two of them within 10 minutes of each other as I did once.  I really did feel like an idiot that time... [emoji38]

Its funny, I didn't even realize I was speeding the second time

This trip was more $$$ than I wanted to spend, but considering my vaca time is v limited starting Monday (beginning of second year- this was my last summer vacation ever), it was worth it imo

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 05, 2016, 02:53:26 PM

Its funny, I didn't even realize I was speeding the second time

This trip was more $$$ than I wanted to spend, but considering my vaca time is v limited starting Monday (beginning of second year- this was my last summer vacation ever), it was worth it imo

Med school is tough.  You need a good vacation .  Matt always took good vacations too when he was In med school.

CALL_911

Quote from: dazzleman on August 05, 2016, 03:00:14 PM
Med school is tough.  You need a good vacation .  Matt always took good vacations too when he was In med school.
Fortunately it's been a blast. I'm excited for second year to start

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

AutobahnSHO

week or two ago, my wife was rolling to work and got busted for rolling through a 4way stop. (on-post 0630-0800hrs many of the traffic lights are blinking red).  She was getting a podcast type thing going to listen to on her headset and so also got dinged for "misuse of a cellphone while driving".  No idea how much that will also be.

(more expensive than the Bluetooth headunit I've wanted I'm sure. She wears those big over-the-ear type headphones... )

This morning she realized she was going close to 65 in a 55mph zone, turns out though she was cruising through the little section where it drops to 40mph for a half mile.... Cop wrote it as 55mph in 40mph zone, not sure on that one yet either.

(I'm speeding-less since 2005, knock on wood)
Will

dazzleman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 08, 2016, 12:52:48 PM
week or two ago, my wife was rolling to work and got busted for rolling through a 4way stop. (on-post 0630-0800hrs many of the traffic lights are blinking red).  She was getting a podcast type thing going to listen to on her headset and so also got dinged for "misuse of a cellphone while driving".  No idea how much that will also be.

(more expensive than the Bluetooth headunit I've wanted I'm sure. She wears those big over-the-ear type headphones... )

This morning she realized she was going close to 65 in a 55mph zone, turns out though she was cruising through the little section where it drops to 40mph for a half mile.... Cop wrote it as 55mph in 40mph zone, not sure on that one yet either.

(I'm speeding-less since 2005, knock on wood)

You can't let your wife show you up like this.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: dazzleman on August 08, 2016, 03:32:52 PM
You can't let your wife show you up like this.

:lol: I'm saving for stuff. No room for hands in the piggy bank.
Will

giant_mtb

She was wearing headphones while driving...? :nono:

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 08, 2016, 11:58:43 PM
She was wearing headphones while driving...? :nono:

I know, right?

She does wear them sometimes. I think she hadn't gotten them on yet.......  or maybe was using speaker, holding the phone close enough to hear.
Will

dazzleman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 10, 2016, 02:58:48 PM
I know, right?

She does wear them sometimes. I think she hadn't gotten them on yet.......  or maybe was using speaker, holding the phone close enough to hear.

Not a good ticket.  Speeding is much more fun.  I got clipped twice for rolling through stop signs way back, and those weren't good tickets either.

giant_mtb

Funny story.

Headed home from a shift at the bar, so about 3am.  Ishpeming PD pulls me over for an out headlight (I legitimately wasn't aware).  The officer recognizes me from the bar since he had just been in that night...I had called them in on some unruly people, but that's another story. :lol:

So he runs my info, says the usual "alright, Chris, just get it fixed."  I thank him, etc., and mention half-jokingly that I'm gonna have to get through Negaunee (4 miles away, where I live) with the out headlight as well.  He says, no worries, if I hear it on the radio I'll tell 'em you're good.

Sure as shit, I cross paths with a cop in Negaunee...I pulled over before he even turned around.  Had my info out and ready.  The officer isn't even up to my window before he stops, says, "Free to go," and goes back to his vehicle.  Just like that!  No other words spoken...the IPD officer pulled through!  That was really nice of him. 

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 20, 2016, 05:28:47 PM
Funny story.

Headed home from a shift at the bar, so about 3am.  Ishpeming PD pulls me over for an out headlight (I legitimately wasn't aware).  The officer recognizes me from the bar since he had just been in that night...I had called them in on some unruly people, but that's another story. :lol:

So he runs my info, says the usual "alright, Chris, just get it fixed."  I thank him, etc., and mention half-jokingly that I'm gonna have to get through Negaunee (4 miles away, where I live) with the out headlight as well.  He says, no worries, if I hear it on the radio I'll tell 'em you're good.

Sure as shit, I cross paths with a cop in Negaunee...I pulled over before he even turned around.  Had my info out and ready.  The officer isn't even up to my window before he stops, says, "Free to go," and goes back to his vehicle.  Just like that!  No other words spoken...the IPD officer pulled through!  That was really nice of him.

Lots of cops around late at night in those parts.  I guess you were the only car on the road.  Nice work.

giant_mtb

Quote from: dazzleman on October 20, 2016, 06:35:54 PM
Lots of cops around late at night in those parts.  I guess you were the only car on the road.  Nice work.

Small towns...but I usually don't see cops on my way home.  I drive right by my local PD on the way to/from the bar.  They usually have at least one car out at all times.

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 20, 2016, 07:08:32 PM
Small towns...but I usually don't see cops on my way home.  I drive right by my local PD on the way to/from the bar.  They usually have at least one car out at all times.

Last night was your lucky night apparently.   You got snagged not by 1 cop but 2.  It's cool that they took care of you.  I guess they knew you're a good dude.  Worst case would have been a fix-it ticket so not much to worry about in any case.  You're nowhere near Cale or Rohan territory.  :lockedup:

Rupert

68_427

I like to shoot fire from my exhaust at cops
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no