944 Turbo

Started by Raza , May 20, 2005, 03:18:48 PM

MX793

Quotei'd stay away from all porsches...
Why?  They are truly amazing machines, and not every one is a money pit.
i know, but a lady i know says that she's been driving porsches from 1956, and she says that you'd better know a pretty good mechanic...
You could say that about a lot of cars if she was turly driving them from 56.  The fact is that you cant base your opinion on one lady, and there are some Porsches that are known to be uber reliable.
The claims of Porsche reliability are all relative.  Compared to other European sports cars, Porsches are and have historically been very reliable.  That does not mean they are bulletproof on an absolute automotive scale.  Owning a Porsche means greater maintenance (cost and frequency) than something like a Toyota Camry.  They are not quite as bulletproof as true daily drivers, but are reliable for what they are.  Newer ones are pretty reliable even on the total scale of cars, as I understand it.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

BMWDave

Quotei'd stay away from all porsches...
Why?  They are truly amazing machines, and not every one is a money pit.
i know, but a lady i know says that she's been driving porsches from 1956, and she says that you'd better know a pretty good mechanic...
You could say that about a lot of cars if she was turly driving them from 56.  The fact is that you cant base your opinion on one lady, and there are some Porsches that are known to be uber reliable.
The claims of Porsche reliability are all relative.  Compared to other European sports cars, Porsches are and have historically been very reliable.  That does not mean they are bulletproof on an absolute automotive scale.  Owning a Porsche means greater maintenance (cost and frequency) than something like a Toyota Camry.  They are not quite as bulletproof as true daily drivers, but are reliable for what they are.  Newer ones are pretty reliable even on the total scale of cars, as I understand it.
Few cars are as reliable on an absolute scale as a Toyota Camry.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

I figure a 911 will be more reliable, just because it's naturally aspirated, but hell, you only live once, right?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.