1986 Toyota Pickup

Started by SargeMonkey, March 29, 2006, 09:35:56 PM

SargeMonkey

Yes I am back! Just been to busy to check back on the old topic so it seems to have been wiped!
  Anyway this truck is worse than disclosed, but for $500 it's an easy fix. I have to tear the front of the truck apart to get at the timing cover. The 'mechanic' the old owner's hired did not corectly seal the damn thing.  It has about 1/4 inch of crusty, sticky, crud all over the front undercarrage. Gunk engine brite has helped. But it is obviuose that they were as intelegent as the average texan, offended? Don't care. Anyway it leaks around 2qt's of oil a day when ran.
  They also didn't know how to start it, and they put 500k miles on it. Has a good R22 and needs a set of plugs and some hosing replaced that has been mutilated by the oil leak. I should get some pic's, has alot of rust holes but otherwise is in good shape.
  Also anyone know a good way to get oil stains out of skin? By the way, I am in Oregon the old owners moved here from Texas and drove the thing over the distsnce twice.  :clap:  
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

Rupert

Are you the one in Roseburg/Medford/Grants Pass? (One of those...)

Old 'Yota's never die.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Tom

QuoteBut it is obviuose that they were as intelegent as the average texan, offended? Don't care.
:lol:  

TBR

Yes, because you're clearly on your way to a Noble Prize for Grammar and Spelling. :rolleyes:

SargeMonkey

You guys know I can't spell! :P  Anyway I am in Klamath Falls.  

Its odd how the timing cover is on this truck. Its freaking huge, and fairly complicated to remove. Made some progress today, but with hail and rain we had to cut the work short.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454

giant_mtb

QuoteYes, because you're clearly on your way to a Noble Prize for Grammar and Spelling. :rolleyes:
You certainly aren't on your way to a Nobel prize.  :rolleyes:  

footoflead

QuoteYes, because you're clearly on your way to a Noble Prize for Grammar and Spelling. :rolleyes:
You certainly are on your way towards an ass beating :rolleyes:

:lol: just playin chris...
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TBR

Well at least I spelled grammar right.

Rupert

Well done, giant_mtb. Hehehe...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

SargeMonkey

Hmm, you have to remove the: Radiator, fan belt, AC pump, power stearing pump, AC/Power brackets, and the alternator... Not to mention to get at the Power stearing pump bracket you must remove the distributor.  :rage:

They made a big over sight when they desinged this engine, everything is in the way of something else, you should see the oil filter. :banghead:  
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454

SargeMonkey

:monkey: Rainned out today! About 4" of water surrouding the truck.  
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454