How do you think an office would react

Started by cozmik, March 30, 2006, 06:46:39 PM

cozmik

So as I was walking into work, I saw that a police office had left his car running in the upper parking lot while he had gone into the store, and for a moment, I though about how funny it would be (to me, if not caught) if I had moved his car like 2 spots down or to the row behind just to mess with him. I wonder what he would have thought and done. :ph34r:   :devil:

I, rather wisely, decided against trying that, but I still think about how entertaining that would have been. No one should leave their car running like that, not even a police office.  :praise:    

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

dazzleman

Dude, it would have been hilarious if you'd moved the car, and then hidden someplace he couldn't see to watch his reaction.

A friend of mine has a POS truck that has a broken ignition, so the truck can be started without a key.  He does work around my neighborhood sometimes, so I see the truck parked.

I've been so tempted to start it up and hide it somewhere.  The only thing that stopped me is that the thing is in such decrepit condition, and he really needs it for work, and I was afraid I would damage it somehow and screw up his work needs.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

saxonyron

Ha Ha! I'll bet I can predict how he'll react if he comes back to his car when you're sitting in the driver seat popping it into reverse.  Hope you like Soap on a Rope!  :lol:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Champ

Cops are usually pretty serious about it, for instance -

While I was valet'ing one day, I was at a little mall that wasn't very busy, and a officer pulled up into the little turn around in front of the mall that people use to drop others off at the mall etc.  Our valet place happens to be in this turn around.  So the cop pulls up, I thought it would be funny to walk up to him and act like he was a regular person, so I opened the door for him and handed him a ticket, he was NOT happy with me.  I was like wow cut me some slack just trying to make it interesting.  He got all serious on me acting like I did something wrong even though I was just playing around.  :(

On a side note, at college alot of people kept their cars running when they went inside to an appartment or something, so we moved alot of cars in our days.  Not anywhere close either, that's the fun part.

Tom

I think most cops would go apeshit.  It just seems like the kind of thing they wouldn't take as a joke.  

Apart from cop cars I think it's hilarious.  Even funnier to move a friend's car while it's turned off :lol:  

dazzleman

QuoteHa Ha! I'll bet I can predict how he'll react if he comes back to his car when you're sitting in the driver seat popping it into reverse.  Hope you like Soap on a Rope!  :lol:
:lol:  :lol:

It would be fun to watch the cop go apeshit, but not know who did it.  I wouldn't want to get busted doing that, though.  Give me a speeding ticket over that any day of the week.  :lol:  
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

QuoteI think most cops would go apeshit.  It just seems like the kind of thing they wouldn't take as a joke.  

Apart from cop cars I think it's hilarious.  Even funnier to move a friend's car while it's turned off :lol:
Yeah, I know of cases where a bunch of guys have simply picked up another guy's car and moved it as a joke.  It's pretty hilarious.

93JC

I've often wondered what would happen if I did something similar to a city transit bus. Drivers will often leave their buses at the stops at the University entrance while they run into a building to take a leak. One of these days I'd like to move one down a few stops, but I don't know if I could actually pilot one of the behemoths...

sparkplug

just lock the door to the car. they'd go ape.

dazzleman

Quotejust lock the door to the car. they'd go ape.
You're an evil guy, sparkplug... :lol:  

J86

hehe i did this constlanty in highschool, altohugh not with cop cars...

One kid, I moved his car every single day for over a month.  But I did it real subtle, either backing it in if it had been pulled in forward, moving a space down, changing the radio station, etc.  The kid thought he was going insane before I told him...

dazzleman

Quotehehe i did this constlanty in highschool, altohugh not with cop cars...

One kid, I moved his car every single day for over a month.  But I did it real subtle, either backing it in if it had been pulled in forward, moving a space down, changing the radio station, etc.  The kid thought he was going insane before I told him...
:lol:  :lol:

Dude, if we were the same age, we could get together and cause a lot of trouble....you sound like a fun guy to hang out with... :rockon:  

MaxPower

Don't LEOs often lock the doors of their cars even when they've left them running?  I've seen a few cops return to their idling cars and unlock the door before getting in.  From those observations I just assume they all lock their doors and have second key to unlock them with.

hounddog

When I worked by Detroit (yes, as a cop) almost all the departments in our county had cars that used the same key.  It's call Fleet key alike.  We would wait till one of our buddies would go into a store or somewhere where he couldn't see us.  We would unlock the doors and move the car.  Sometimes we would move them across the street.  

Sometimes we would turn on the lights and siren.

Sometimes we would turn on everything on the car, and turn up all the radios, air conditioning, and then put vaseline on the steering wheel.

I once picked up a stray dog and put it my training officers car.

I once picked up a very dead and very flat roadkill and put it under another buys seat.

We would put pepper spray in the vent cowling, or on the bottom of the door handles.

We would turn the car off and put a bunch of talc powder in the vent cowling and vents.

I once took my best friends car, and left him mine, which had a different key.  That is on video at the department still 10 years later.

We once got some shipping wrap and wrapped a car shut while it was at Meijer.

A big one was to strip the inside of the car of everything you could take out.  

Ahhhh, the good ole days.  I'm retired now.  

The worst one I ever had pulled on me was late one night I went in to get dinner.  When I walked out I found my car sitting in the middle of the lot with not one tire on it, up on blocks. :clap:  
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Catman

Hehe, our cars are keyed alike also.  We've been known to play some games with the noobs on occasion.

In the Winter I'd leave the car running but lock the doors, as most officers do.  Even if you got in you'd have to figure out how to unlock the shifter, which is not easy if you don't know how.

footoflead

Quotehehe i did this constlanty in highschool, altohugh not with cop cars...

oh man oh man..if you and me were in highschool together we would constantly be in trouble for stuff like this..holy crap :lol:  :lol:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Ron From Regina

In the summer time, I have been known to open a co-workers running car's door, and switch the AC to the heat.

Raza

Better yet, grab the keys and toss them.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sparkplug

Nah. Just glue their door shut on their car. heheheehehehe