Charger Road test

Started by Fire It Up, May 21, 2005, 10:08:46 AM

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

The interiors...alright...

I'm still one of the "muscle car purists" who doesn't like the 4-doors...but oh well.  I can't do anything about it.  Can't even drive anyway, so what's it matter? lol ^_^

TBR

The interior looks a lot better with the aluminum trim, but it is still a bit dull and boring. I actually prefer the Charger over the 300.

giant_mtb

QuoteThe interior looks a lot better with the aluminum trim, but it is still a bit dull and boring. I actually prefer the Charger over the 300.
I'll hafta disagree with you there...I like the 300's interior better.  :P   But the Charger's is better than I had expected but it wouldn't be my favorite place in the world to be either.

ifcar

QuoteThe interior looks a lot better with the aluminum trim, but it is still a bit dull and boring. I actually prefer the Charger over the 300.
The aluminum trim definitely spruces up the Magnum's rather dull interior.

BMWDave

They should have made this a much sportier car...it should do something to live up to its name.  And 4 doors doesnt help.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

QuoteThey should have made this a much sportier car...it should do something to live up to its name.  And 4 doors doesnt help.
I'd say the Hemi gets rid of all complaints about a lack of sportiness in about 5.3 seconds.  ;)  

BMWDave

QuoteThey should have made this a much sportier car...it should do something to live up to its name.  And 4 doors doesnt help.
I'd say the Hemi gets rid of all complaints about a lack of sportiness in about 5.3 seconds.  ;)
So just about the only thing connecting this to the old Charger is the straight line acceleration...but then again, Muscle Cars were not such good performers in the twisties.

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

What can you connect with the Charger anyway? A confederate flag? I'd doubt Dodge would get far with that...

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ifcar

QuoteWhat can you connect with the Charger anyway? A confederate flag? I'd doubt Dodge would get far with that...
:lol:  

El Barto

I saw one sitting in front of a Dodge dealership a couple days ago.  Its not a bad looking car.  But the idiots messed up the name, they gave thier new sedan a muscle car name   <_<  
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

giant_mtb

QuoteI saw one sitting in front of a Dodge dealership a couple days ago.  Its not a bad looking car.  But the idiots messed up the name, they gave thier new sedan a muscle car name   <_<
Yeah...they got a little confused...just a little... <_<  :angry:  

TBR

QuoteThey should have made this a much sportier car...it should do something to live up to its name.  And 4 doors doesnt help.
So just about the only thing connecting this to the old Charger is the straight line acceleration...but then again, Muscle Cars were not such good performers in the twisties.
Would you like for them to replicate the handling as well? ;) I really don't have a problem with them calling this car a Charger. At least they didn't put the name on some bloated FWD sedan like one domestic manufacturer likes to do.

BMWDave

QuoteThey should have made this a much sportier car...it should do something to live up to its name.? And 4 doors doesnt help.
Would you like for them to replicate the handling as well? ;) I really don't have a problem with them calling this car a Charger. At least they didn't put the name on some bloated FWD sedan like one domestic manufacturer likes to do.
The old muscle cars absolutely sucked at the twisties...they were all about straight line acceleration.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

The old muscle cars absolutely sucked at the twisties...they were all about straight line acceleration.
Yes, that is why my comment was so funny ;)

ifcar

Modest, aren't you?  :P  

TBR

Modest, aren't you?  :P
Of course ;)

Raghavan

no manual rokon.gif