Production Aura pic

Started by ifcar, April 07, 2006, 04:27:13 PM

Raza

Ah, well...that's a different system altogether.  Beats the other one I was talking about, but it seems that it won't be easy to upshift while turning.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

Well, sharp turns, yes. But you wouldn't (rather, shouldn't) want to upshift in a sharp turn anyway.

BMWDave

QuoteWell, sharp turns, yes. But you wouldn't (rather, shouldn't) want to upshift in a sharp turn anyway.
Bingo.  But still, I've played around with SMG in a Z4, (although not while driving), and it definitely would be a slightly awkward motion to have to push out every time to downshift.  

The gearchangers in a Ferrari or BMW M5 for that matter are much more suited to this, and would be a lot easier to use.  

Pushing in with your thumbs, or out with your fingers, will get very bothersome and tiring after a while, I imagine.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

QuoteWell, sharp turns, yes. But you wouldn't (rather, shouldn't) want to upshift in a sharp turn anyway.
Well, in slight bends during normal driving--most people don't drive at 10 and 2 when puttering home from work.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

I'm an 8 and 5 man, myself, and I don't see the problem with having to have one of my thumbs ready at 9 or 3 to upshift in a slight bend.

Crikey, regular stick you've got to reach all the way over to a big lever and move it to upshift. :lol:

BMWDave

QuoteI'm an 8 and 5 man, myself, and I don't see the problem with having to have one of my thumbs ready at 9 or 3 to upshift in a slight bend.

Crikey, regular stick you've got to reach all the way over to a big lever and move it to upshift. :lol:
Think of it this way...pulling back on a paddle is easy--moving a gearlever is easy.  Try pushing outward with your fingernails continuously.  I know i would get tired real quickly.   B)  

2007 Honda S2000

93JC

... okay, I'm confused...

Are we even talking about the Aura anymore?

BMWDave

Quote... okay, I'm confused...

Are we even talking about the Aura anymore?
Well, we're talking about the Aura's paddle shifters :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

93JC

So what do fingernails have to do with it?!

Raza

QuoteI'm an 8 and 5 man, myself, and I don't see the problem with having to have one of my thumbs ready at 9 or 3 to upshift in a slight bend.

My car too, but for something that's supposed to be more convenient, it really isn't.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteSo what do fingernails have to do with it?!
When you push outward to upshift (with your upper fingers and nails)...I was saying that would get tiring pretty quickly.  

2007 Honda S2000

93JC

???? You push on the buttons at the front with your thumbs to upshift, you pull  on the back with your fingers to downshift. Thar be no fingernails involved, scallywag!

Raza

Quote???? You push on the buttons at the front with your thumbs to upshift, you pull  on the back with your fingers to downshift. Thar be no fingernails involved, scallywag!
We're talking about a different type of system.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

Here it is guys...the Saturn Aura's interior...I took this picture at the auto show.  Look at the mismatched panels! :o

2007 Honda S2000

JYODER240

It looks like a 3rd grader put it together :(  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

BMWDave

I also took a video of the paddle shifters :D

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

Nice fingers Dave. *orgasm*
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteNice fingers Dave. *orgasm*
:lol:  :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

Catman

I wouldn't worry about the misaligned panels much it's definitely a preproduction car.  GM seems to have a handle on quality lately so I'm sure it'll be fine.