What PSI?

Started by JYODER240, April 11, 2006, 08:30:15 PM

Speed_Racer

QuoteI agree the 350Z's styling is a bit juvenile especialy with its way-too-high beltline but it seems like it has a lot of strenghts and not many weaknesses. The GTO is a very strong car but its styling is too bland IMO and those fake hoodscoops are ridiculous. I don't plan on doing many mods if any at all so thats not really a factor.
If I recall correctly, those hood scoops on the GTO aren't fake. Ford does fake scoops on their Mustangs, but Pontiac put the real deal on the Goat.

They are not Ram Air units, but instead feed cool air into the engine compartment.

JYODER240

There are no fake scoops on the Mustang GT, and the GTO's look ridiculous nonetheless.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Speed_Racer

Whoops, forgot that the current Mustang has real scoops.

And also, you can choose to delete the scoops on the GTO.

JYODER240

Not anymore, you have to buy the 04 hood.

Raza

QuoteI agree the 350Z's styling is a bit juvenile especialy with its way-too-high beltline but it seems like it has a lot of strenghts and not many weaknesses. The GTO is a very strong car but its styling is too bland IMO and those fake hoodscoops are ridiculous. I don't plan on doing many mods if any at all so thats not really a factor.
If they were fake hood scoops, I'd agree with you, but they're not (they're also across the Monaro line, so it's not just the GTO that got them).  They're functional, and they help the engine breathe.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

QuoteWhoops, forgot that the current Mustang has real scoops.

The Mustang doesn't have scoops anymore, nor do they have the fake side intakes of the old model.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Speed_Racer

QuoteWhoops, forgot that the current Mustang has real scoops.

The Mustang doesn't have scoops anymore, nor do they have the fake side intakes of the old model.
That's already been brought to my attention.

:lol:

I'm 0/2 on the whole hood scoops issue. Way to go, me!

sparkplug

If you could twin-turbo charge a 350Z, then it would be bad. bad bad bad bad bad. Carbon fiber body instead of steel. Oh yeah. Two seater version. But I doubt it'll happen. Too bad.  :(

You can by the way get an aftermarket hood scoop for the new mustang that is functional and look cool.  :rockon:  

JYODER240

The make twin-turbo kits for the 350Z, with installation and all the goodies its around 6-8K and with all the mods you can have a car with around 450rwhp. A carbon fiber body would be extremely expensive.  

280Z Turbo

I have a friend with Kuhmo Ecstas on his Z and he says that he inflates them to somewhere in the 40s. Anything less and it gets mushy, aparently.

Raza

QuoteThe make twin-turbo kits for the 350Z, with installation and all the goodies its around 6-8K and with all the mods you can have a car with around 450rwhp. A carbon fiber body would be extremely expensive.
A magazine did a roundup of tuned Z cars, and the ones that were FI didn't end up winning, it was an NA one.  

Depending on the cost of a new hood, I'd get a Stillen supercharger.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Not to many people go SC with their 350Z's but I'd be something I'd consider allong with twin-turbo's if I decided to modify. Honestly though I doubt I will, I'll have the Z as my sports car and then try to get a truck next year or so, so I can start working for my dad. I'll make much better money then and if I want something with alot of power I can try to get a sportbike.

Raza

Bikes are a whole different story.  I don't think having one would satiate my need for fast cars.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

I wouldn't mind having a car that is quick in a straight line and handles well, and then a bike for insane acceleration.

Raza

QuoteI wouldn't mind having a car that is quick in a straight line and handles well, and then a bike for insane acceleration.
I can't get over the vulnerability of the bike.  I'd always feel like I needed a seat and a windscreen and two extra wheels.

My ideal motorcycle would be an Aerial Atom or a VW GX3.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Have you ever rode one? It's blast getting to lean in through curves, and the vulnerability kind of adds to the excitement.

Raza

QuoteHave you ever rode one? It's blast getting to lean in through curves, and the vulnerability kind of adds to the excitement.
I've never driven one, but I rode shotgun once when I was a kid.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Raza

Pretty much the only reason I'd get a bike is what I said in the Motorbikes thread...if I lived in a city.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i