vandalism

Started by J86, April 25, 2006, 10:59:36 PM

J86

Any of you guys every had your car fucked up by random people?  The other day I went out to mine, only to find my passenger tire flat.  Someone had taken the cap off, stuck a knife (or some other sharp implement) into the valve stem, and twisted it to let all the air out.  Not too big a deal, but it was a pain in the ass unplugging my sub so I could get at the spare tire, putitng it on the car only to find that it was flat, driving at VERY slow speed to a gas station so I could fill the spare, then buying new caps for the valve stem because the a-hole managed to lose mine...  I did however buy some sweet chrome bullet shaped caps! :D

280Z Turbo

Yes. :rage: Some a-hole at school did this.

The paint job is shitty already, and I don't need it to be made worse!

Raghavan

someone jacked my friends POS bike once but only drew over mine with a blue crayon. :lol:

J86

QuoteYes. :rage: Some a-hole at school did this.

The paint job is shitty already, and I don't need it to be made worse!
that sucks!

280Z Turbo

I've probably done worse to the paint accidently, but it's just the idea of someone randomly doing that to me for no aparent reason that makes me angry and just plain sad.

Rupert

Dude... Yer chromies are gonna get stolen.

And if someone fucked with my car, I don't think I'd notice.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raghavan

QuoteDude... Yer chromies are gonna get stolen.

And if someone fucked with my car, I don't think I'd notice.
:lol:
i want your car.

thewizard16

Mine no longer has the luxury of a private drive, it's being parked in a lot, and I have three new fist sized dents in the fender that weren't there before it was in the lot. And a nice door ding. The hand dents aren't terrible, $108 to get them pulled, but the door ding is going to cost about $700. Because of the location and paint damage, the whole door panel has to be replaced and a side paint blend done. It's not incredibly noticable unless the light hits it right, so I'm holding off.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raghavan

QuoteMine no longer has the luxury of a private drive, it's being parked in a lot, and I have three new fist sized dents in the fender that weren't there before it was in the lot. And a nice door ding. The hand dents aren't terrible, $108 to get them pulled, but the door ding is going to cost about $700. Because of the location and paint damage, the whole door panel has to be replaced and a side paint blend done. It's not incredibly noticable unless the light hits it right, so I'm holding off.
someone doesnt' like youj. :lol:  

JYODER240

Some one threw an egg at my car and took off paint.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

We had a car egged, and my hood star was ripped off.  Worse thing that happened to the Passat is someone rearranged the mirror, most likely to check her hair.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

I once had an egg smashed on my car. By the time I could clean it off, it was cooked on...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

thewizard16

QuoteMine no longer has the luxury of a private drive, it's being parked in a lot, and I have three new fist sized dents in the fender that weren't there before it was in the lot. And a nice door ding. The hand dents aren't terrible, $108 to get them pulled, but the door ding is going to cost about $700. Because of the location and paint damage, the whole door panel has to be replaced and a side paint blend done. It's not incredibly noticable unless the light hits it right, so I'm holding off.
someone doesnt' like youj. :lol:
I don't think it's that, or they'd have egged it, keyed it, let the air out of my tires, something like that (though that can happen randomly because some people are assholes, too). What I think the hand dents are from is people setting off my alarm. There are some people who think it's amusing to set off car alarms in the middle of the night, and unfortunately this car has an aftermarket one that does all the noises, blares the horn, lights up the lot, etc. So, I get picked on a lot. They always hit the windshield, or the second best place is to hit the driver's side fender. For some reason, that fender carries the shock through to the sensor exceptionally well. Anyway, they hit it hard enough to dent it, it seems. The door ding I think was just random, it's truck height, so they wouldn't have had to open their door very hard to dent it like they did.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

dazzleman

Sorry to hear about your problems.  That really sucks.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Lebowski

Hey, it could be worse:

Ok, so the second technically isn't vandalism, but point is I feel (and have felt) your pain.  

JYODER240

Did he hit you with the hitch Adam?

Raghavan

How'd that happen to your lightning???

Lebowski

QuoteDid he hit you with the hitch Adam?
Yeah, the hitch is what put those two gashes in the hood.

And Rag, that's my Roush, some thugs stole my wheels/tires in the garage of my old apartment building (one of the reasons I moved to a new place w/ my own garage, where that pic of the vette was taken).

Raghavan

And Rag, that's my Roush, some thugs stole my wheels/tires in the garage of my old apartment building (one of the reasons I moved to a new place w/ my own garage, where that pic of the vette was taken).
:o
How'd they just steal it like that? I thought one of the bolts holding it in place is Ford specific and you need that specific spanner to take it out?

JYODER240

hmmm, it looks like he backed into you pulled foward and then did it again <_< Perhaps, your brother is a little jealous :D  

It looks like there are two scratches from the hitch, one on the Corvette emblem and the big one to the left of that.

Lebowski

:o
How'd they just steal it like that? I thought one of the bolts holding it in place is Ford specific and you need that specific spanner to take it out?
No, it didn't have wheel locks at the time (I know, stupid), but even if it is wheel locks aren't that difficult to defeat.  A thief who knows what he's doing can just pound a socket over the entire lug with a mallet.  I do have wheel locks on both the Roush (which will be up for sale soon) and the vette.

JYoDeR240, I know, I'm not sure how it ended up that way.  It must have been the metal on the side of the hitch that did all that damage to the emblem.  I'll take a closer look and maybe a picture of his hitch next time I'm up there.