Found New Picture of Next Subaru WRX

Started by BMWDave, May 22, 2005, 01:03:09 PM

BMWDave

What do you think?  This is also a chop, but it seems to look a little more cohesive than the other chops out there.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

850CSi

BMWDave

QuoteDisgusting.
Its still bad, but nowhere near as bad as the other chops coming out.  This wouldnt make for such a bad looking car.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

Being the WRX person that I am..(go figure)..I think it looks a lot better than some of the other pics.  The grille is still crap, though.  Also that pic of the back...the lights need to be bigger, they're too skinny and Asian.  :P  <_<  

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

ifcar

This chop just used the current Impreza as a starting point and changed the front and rear ends. Fine for a facelift, but not for the all-new model.

giant_mtb

The only difference is the hood, headlights, grille...just the front in general is different...The hood scoop is the same, but the hood has those lines and bumps...

Big difference in the taillights...obviously.  Also there's two exhaust tips...but I doubt it will/would be a true dual exhaust since the engine is transversely mounted...  The back end sort of looks like it's "glaring" at you with those slitty rear lights.  

Fire It Up

My slight modifications...

Original:

Secret Chimp

I really really hate the Alfa Romeo tail lights. They look like misshapen Pringles cross sections. The front end has way too much going on, if all the crap on the bumper was cleaned up it would look better.
I think I'm going to hate this Alfa styling guy.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

TurboDan

Those tailights look good on Alfas and Peugeots, not when they're redesigned in a ricey way on a Japanese car.  The front is attrocious.

Personally, I wish they'd bring back the bugeye headlights and go to a more conservative body style.  

280Z Turbo

They should give that one-nostriled pig snout look up. If Nissan got rid of the bucktooth grille, than surely they can eliminate the goofy pig snout.

TurboDan: I too, like the bugeye lights. They gave the car some unique character.

giant_mtb

QuoteThose tailights look good on Alfas and Peugeots, not when they're redesigned in a ricey way on a Japanese car.  The front is attrocious.

Personally, I wish they'd bring back the bugeye headlights and go to a more conservative body style.
Yeah...I like the "bug-eyed" look...  :(  

Fire It Up

giant_mtb

Yeah now they're gonna give it some slit-eyed Alfa Romeo look so it looks like what some Alfa Romeos are...which is slow, little cars for Europe with no guts whatsoever.  <_<  :angry:  

280Z Turbo

This isn't the first time the Japaneese have stolen European ideas!

The Japaneese never really had anything truly unique when it comes to cars, they just steal ideas from the Europeans! My Z, for example, is a blatant ripoff of the Jaguar E-Type. The big difference, however, is that the Japaneese make it reliable! :lol:  

BMWDave

QuoteThis isn't the first time the Japaneese have stolen European ideas!

The Japaneese never really had anything truly unique when it comes to cars, they just steal ideas from the Europeans! My Z, for example, is a blatant ripoff of the Jaguar E-Type. The big difference, however, is that the Japaneese make it reliable! :lol:
Except the Jaguar E class looks a lot better than your Z (Dont get me wrong...I still love your Z ;) ) and has a lot more character to it, and is worth a LOT more.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

Well I think the new Subaru grille is Subaru's own idea, actually...but it's not exactly their own original design per se.  As I've said in other threads the new grille design is supposed to relate to Subaru's past in the aviation industry (the grille design is supposed to look like a fuselage and wings) but yes, it's a complete rip-off of Alfa.  <_<  And it's fugly. <_<  <_<  

280Z Turbo

Except the Jaguar E class looks a lot better than your Z (Dont get me wrong...I still love your Z ;) ) and has a lot more character to it, and is worth a LOT more.
Well, remember the Z is much cheaper, much more reliable, and well...it doesn't look like a giant penis, and that's important.

You might think I'm perverted for thinking that, but when the topic of the Jag E-type comes up at Zcar.com, that's what everyone says! :lol:

The Japaneese also developed the rotary engine after the Germans gave up on it.

BMWDave

Well, remember the Z is much cheaper, much more reliable, and well...it doesn't look like a giant penis, and that's important.

You might think I'm perverted for thinking that, but when the topic of the Jag E-type comes up at Zcar.com, that's what everyone says! :lol:

hmmm...giant penis....no, I dont think so :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

hmmm...giant penis....no, I dont think so :lol:
How does that look like a giant penis?  :lol:  :lol:  

280Z Turbo

That's a later model. The earlier ones were more rounded in front.

giant_mtb

QuoteThat's a later model. The earlier ones were more rounded in front.
Now THAT I can see people calling a giant penis...I drove one of those in a video game...Sega GT 2002!  (the game that came with the Xbox for free a couple years back)

BMWDave

Thats a looooong hood.

2007 Honda S2000

GMPenguin

The rear is horrible, the front isn't good either, but better than the other one with vertical headlights.

Fire It Up

That reminds me of this...

Raghavan

Too busy. Legacy headlights and tribeca grille makes the front all jumbled. And the rear is ok, but the lights need to be a bit bigger.