new hitch for my truck

Started by MaxPower, May 14, 2006, 06:21:55 PM

MaxPower

I bought a hitch for my truck today, a class III Hidden Hitch.  I hope it arrives before next weekend, so I can get it installed and to use.  

I also bought a 4 post wiring harness so I can connect it to trailer lights.  The installation instructions look like it'll be a quick install.  I have a small utility trailer that needs lights, so tomorrow I'm going to the auto parts store to find a trailer light kit.  It'll be nice to be legal.

I'm excited because I don't buy accessories for my truck very often...  :praise:

I'll post pics when I get the thing and get it installed.

footoflead

Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

saxonyron

Nice looking hitch!  Have you considered getting the 6 way round plug wiring?  You can then get the straight line 4 plug adapter, but if you ever need to tow a real trailer  (j/k   :P    ) with brakes, you can do it.  That way you're not disqualified from borrowing your buddy's 20 ft bass boat because your hitch doesn't have a brake controller.  As a guy who has spent way too much time dragging trailers around, I thought I'd throw out my 2 cents!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

MaxPower

I forgot about this post!  I installed the hitch a few weeks ago and have gotten more than my money?s worth already.  In addition to normal trailer pulling I?ve used it pull out my tractor (a big Kubota that I sunk into the mud mowing a soft field).  My truck didn?t like yanking on the tractor much, but I was able to get it out with a few good tugs.

And yeah, I only have the 4 post light harness.  I don?t see myself buying a big enough trailer to warrant brakes/6 post while I own this truck.  But I guess it could conceivably pull a horse trailer?

Don?t hold your breath waiting for pictures.  It really is a ?hidden? hitch.  You don?t even know its there unless you kneel down and look under the bumper.  I like that.  ?Course because of that I can?t slap my big Toyota logo or a red LED taillight in the receiver when I?m not towing.  Oh well.
:lol: