Spy Pics: Mazdaspeed 3

Started by Fire It Up, May 22, 2005, 06:07:41 PM

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

AWD?  That'd be a sweet ride...  The hood scoop might not be such a bad idea either, as long as it isn't big like an STi's or something. lol

BMWDave

Very nice!  I like it a lot.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

Nice. I really hope it's AWD. And i know it's not going into production that way, but it looks like there's a brick wall on the hood.

MX793

I would find AWD to be highly unlikely.  Mazda will try to keep cost down to keep the car in the same price ballpark as the SRT4 and supercharged Delta cars (Ion and Cobalt).  If they detune the turbo MZR down to 220-230 hp and put in a limited slip, this car could be a real barnstormer.  Considering that it handles with some of the best in regular trim, Mazdaspeed suspension tweaks combined with added power could make this near the best overall performer in its class.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raghavan

it's not going to have AWD. that'd just drive up production costs and weight....

BMWDave

QuoteI would find AWD to be highly unlikely.  Mazda will try to keep cost down to keep the car in the same price ballpark as the SRT4 and supercharged Delta cars (Ion and Cobalt).  If they detune the turbo MZR down to 220-230 hp and put in a limited slip, this car could be a real barnstormer.  Considering that it handles with some of the best in regular trim, Mazdaspeed suspension tweaks combined with added power could make this near the best overall performer in its class.
I also think AWD is not very plausible...expect mazda to stick with the the current drivetrain.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

QuoteI would find AWD to be highly unlikely.  Mazda will try to keep cost down to keep the car in the same price ballpark as the SRT4 and supercharged Delta cars (Ion and Cobalt).  If they detune the turbo MZR down to 220-230 hp and put in a limited slip, this car could be a real barnstormer.  Considering that it handles with some of the best in regular trim, Mazdaspeed suspension tweaks combined with added power could make this near the best overall performer in its class.
I also think AWD is not very plausible...expect mazda to stick with the the current drivetrain.
i hope it atleast gets a limited slip.

giant_mtb

QuoteI would find AWD to be highly unlikely.  Mazda will try to keep cost down to keep the car in the same price ballpark as the SRT4 and supercharged Delta cars (Ion and Cobalt).  If they detune the turbo MZR down to 220-230 hp and put in a limited slip, this car could be a real barnstormer.  Considering that it handles with some of the best in regular trim, Mazdaspeed suspension tweaks combined with added power could make this near the best overall performer in its class.
POSI!  :P  

Raghavan

POSI!  :P
??