The 2007 Chrysler Pacifica! NICE!!!

Started by Atomic, May 28, 2006, 07:31:27 PM

Atomic

CaseyNPham

Looks a little like the 6-series (I know you saw this comment coming)

As for the interior, I'm hoping that wood is just their for the test car. It's hideous.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Raghavan

QuoteLooks a little like the 6-series (I know you saw this comment coming)

As for the interior, I'm hoping that wood is just their for the test car. It's hideous.
Yeah it is. :hammerhead:  

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

ifcar

Headlights look fine, but the rear end needed an update more. The interior still has the all-gray center stack, and hopefully the passenger-side wood is a problem with the camera.  

Atomic

QuoteHeadlights look fine, but the rear end needed an update more. The interior still has the all-gray center stack, and hopefully the passenger-side wood is a problem with the camera.
i agree w/ you on the wood! yikes  :rockon: !

omicron

I thought I had forbidden Chrysler from using various shades of grey  <_<

Given black leather and decent satin chrome highlights, that interior would be fine. The rest of the car works for me, too.  

SVT666

Not enough of a change for me.  Still looks like a whale.

Raghavan

They should unbloat it a little bit while they're at it.

ifcar

QuoteI thought I had forbidden Chrysler from using various shades of grey  <_<

Given black leather and decent satin chrome highlights, that interior would be fine. The rest of the car works for me, too.
Black leather is an option on the current car, I assume they'd continue it.

Tom

Atomic

QuoteI thought I had forbidden Chrysler from using various shades of grey  <_<

Black leather is an option on the current car, I assume they'd continue it.
now that looks awesome! not busy at all. everything seems to be in the proper place. the color makes the dash look rich and inviting.

Atomic

QuoteI thought I had forbidden Chrysler from using various shades of grey  <_<

i think i'll take a trip to my local chrysler dealership tomorrow. i cannot imagine them installing the gray stack in every vehicle -- hopefully, just the gray interior models. the black on black looks awesome, eh?! personally, the two tone light/dark gray looks mighty luxurious. i wonder if the tan interior utilizes a contrasting earth tone color? i'll check it out and let you know  :praise: !  

ifcar

"now that looks awesome! not busy at all. everything seems to be in the proper place. the color makes the dash look rich and inviting."

What's "rich and inviting" about a lot of black and gray plastic?

And yes, they do have the gray plastic on every center stack, including the black-leather models.  

Atomic

QuoteNot enough of a change for me.  Still looks like a whale.
a whale? personally, i think it looks pretty hot for what it is  B) !  

Raghavan

Quote"now that looks awesome! not busy at all. everything seems to be in the proper place. the color makes the dash look rich and inviting."

What's "rich and inviting" about a lot of black and gray plastic?

And yes, they do have the gray plastic on every center stack, including the black-leather models.
I wouldn't call it rich and inviting, but it does look comfy. The wood could be better though.

ifcar

It's nice to sit in, but not nice to try and see out of.  

SVT666

I have come back to this thread a few times to look at the shot of the interior, and every time I do it gets busier and more awkward looking then the last time.

SVT666

QuoteNot enough of a change for me.  Still looks like a whale.
a whale? personally, i think it looks pretty hot for what it is  B) !
Yes, a whale.  This vehicle is so bloated looking, it looks like it should weigh 9000lbs.  

ifcar

It's already very heavy for what it is, it weighs 800 lbs more than a Ford Freestyle.

Atomic

QuoteIt's already very heavy for what it is, it weighs 800 lbs more than a Ford Freestyle.
it's nice to have options in this niche, though. to each his own, i say. a couple of my friends traded in minivans for one and they're very happy  ;) ! personally, i think i'd choose a cadillac xlr over the pacifica, unless factoring in the price. i think the pacifica and ford freestyle have the price advantage. between the two (chrysler vs. ford), i'd select the pacifica, as my buddies and their families rave about theirs. word of mouth advertising says a lot to me  :lol: !

Atomic

i read somewhere that the next generation chrysler pacifica may be moved to either the lx (300/magnum/charger) or ly (challenger/next generation 300/300L/magnum/charger) platform! months ago, it was said that the all new pacifica will be based on chrysler's next town and country platform, while there will be a seperate (larger, more luxurious, lx/ly based, rwd/awd) crossover vehicle intended to compete directly w/ the cadillac srx, upcoming lincoln wagon, and the countless foreign make models. it's proposed name? rumors indicate that such a model will be called chrysler atlantic.

your thoughts? ideas?

ifcar

I think the second idea you mentioned would make more sense, considering that the current minivan-derived Pacifica is doing well.  

Atomic

same here, iffy! hope the rumors are true  :thumbsup: ! ~ atomic