***1950s "Oldsmobile Holiday" in M?hldorf!***

Started by cawimmer430, June 23, 2006, 07:02:26 AM

cawimmer430

Look what Wimmer?s hawk eye found (well, this car stands out anyway?) in good ?ole provincial M?hldorf.

[SIZE]1950s Oldsmobile Holiday[SIZE=14]

What can you guys tell me about this thing. Yes I realize there are things like Google and Wikipedia, but does anyone have any experience or stories about this car? Did someone?s parents drive this in the 1950s? I am willing to bet it has a huge V8 displacing over 5-liters under the hood with at least 300-horspower. 0-62 mph in about 10-11 seconds and a 3-speed column shift automatic, right? :lol:

Always enjoy finding classic American cars in Europe, especially from brands that don?t exist anymore. This car was used to promote the soccer games. The ad with the girl says that only the Germany games will be shown at the Haberkasten (local library with a big outdoor square outside capable of seating around 300 people).

And here's the poster for all the guys who want to see a closeup of the girl. Couldn't they find a better-looking one!?

:blink:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

saxonyron

Nice find! That car is in incredibly good condition.  I've been feeling more and more like I need to buy an old classic.  It's almost time for my midlife crisis, so maybe that Chevelle SS or 63-67 Vette is nearing reality.   My mom visited her cousin in Kempten in 1958.  She stayed there for almost 4 months.  Her cousin's business (with her husband) was doing really well, so  my mom had the pleasure of driving all over Europe with her in her 1958 Mercury on sales visits. (the business was Union Verpackung which got bought out by Dixie Verpackung in the 70's.  I saw the pretty large plant in 73 as a little kid and again in 96.)  It was great because my mom was only 18 and had an amazing chance to see literally every country and stay in 5 star hotels.  Her German was fluent so that helped a lot too.  She remembers the looks of the people in tiny villages as her flamboyant and often times slightly intoxicated cousin cruised into impossibly small alleys with her Merc.  I'm pretty sure it looked like this:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

BMWDave

Nice ad :devil:

Oh, the cars good looking too :D  Thats a very fine example.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

cawimmer430

QuoteNice find! That car is in incredibly good condition.  I've been feeling more and more like I need to buy an old classic.  It's almost time for my midlife crisis, so maybe that Chevelle SS or 63-67 Vette is nearing reality.   My mom visited her cousin in Kempten in 1958.  She stayed there for almost 4 months.  Her cousin's business (with her husband) was doing really well, so  my mom had the pleasure of driving all over Europe with her in her 1958 Mercury on sales visits. (the business was Union Verpackung which got bought out by Dixie Verpackung in the 70's.  I saw the pretty large plant in 73 as a little kid and again in 96.)  It was great because my mom was only 18 and had an amazing chance to see literally every country and stay in 5 star hotels.  Her German was fluent so that helped a lot too.  She remembers the looks of the people in tiny villages as her flamboyant and often times slightly intoxicated cousin cruised into impossibly small alleys with her Merc.  I'm pretty sure it looked like this:  

I love American cars from the 1950s to the late 1970s.  :praise:

That Mercury is gorgeous. And even if it didn't have that shiny red paint, people in Europe would still have stared because it is so huge and unusual. During the '50s and '60s, Europeans drove around in little 3-wheeled Heinkel's and Messerschmidt Kabinenrollers.  :P  

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

QuoteNice ad :devil:

Oh, the cars good looking too :D  Thats a very fine example.
:praise:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de