*****Cars from Toronto & California*****

Started by TheIntrepid, June 25, 2006, 07:09:00 PM

TheIntrepid

These pictures may not be worth looking at for those of you currently residing in North America, but Europeans may find them interesting. I'll keep adding to this thread when I snap more pictures. :)

Chevrolet Equinox

Last-Gen Escalade ESV (Wow this thing is a brute)

Mercedes-Benz G500

New GMT-900 Escalade

Porsche Cayman S

Porsche Cayenne Turbo with "OTTOBAHN" license (With Bentley Arnage behind it)

Two Gorgeous 360s (I prefer the red one)

Lincoln Town Car and Cadillac Sedan DeVille Limousines

A good shot I got of a Maybach 62 in Las Vegas, NV

How one should never treat a Rolls-Royce

A Volkswagen ?Thing? I believe

My Dodge Durango Limited 4x4 Hemi in California

My retired 2005 Chevrolet Impala LS (3.8L V6)

Twin Volkswagen Beetles

A gorgeous Pontiac Solstice

My teacher's gorgeous 2006 BMW 330i with custom spoiler

This is a 2005 RX-8 owned by a teacher at school. No she's not cute. She's hideous.

My friend's 2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS (yes it sucks, but he loves it)

This is my teacher's 1994 Cavalier. He just traded in his 87 Corsica for it.
The man cannot park...ever. He is NEVER between the lines and always misparks
in the same spot every day. So this is a GOOD park job for him.

That's it...hope you like them.

I'll be adding to this thread as I get more pics.  

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ifcar

I happen to love pictures of boring cars in boring settings. Keep them coming! :rockon:

EDIT: When I looked back at this, it seemed like I was being sarcastic. I wasn't, as many people on this board can probably attest.

JYODER240

I doubt anyone cares but...
Thats actually a semi-rare platinum edition Escalade. It only available in ESV trim, but it adds a 3rd row DVD screen, more (fake)wood trim, heated and cooled cup holders, a/c seats, chrome grill, 20" wheels, and 1" lower ride height.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TheIntrepid

Yes the Escalade is a "platinum". It belongs to a family friend of mine who owns a couple of "Hertz" franchises and gets new cars every few weeks.  

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Run Away

QuoteI doubt anyone cares but...
Thats actually a semi-rare platinum edition Escalade. It only available in ESV trim, but it adds a 3rd row DVD screen, more (fake)wood trim, heated and cooled cup holders, a/c seats, chrome grill, 20" wheels, and 1" lower ride height.
I thought it looked lower that normal...

Colonel Cadillac

Yup, I'v seen a few around. I always get a little excited when I see the platinum version, and the heated cup holders was a genious idea. I'm not sure why that idea didn't spread, however.  

Tom

Definately a sharp looking car.  I would love one with a 350 engine and RWD.  Hell, I think they have that in Australia :rockon:  

cawimmer430

^Someone uses their gas-guzzling G500 to go shopping...^  :lol:

Nice pics Mopar!  :praise:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

saxonyron

That poor Rolls!  The bent bumper makes it look like the poor thing is frowning.  The owner should be beaten.  And yes, the red Ferrari would look fine in my driveway.  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

omicron

A Porsche in white just isn't right.  

Champ

so maybe this belongs in a different thread, but what is the purpose of the Mercedes G-wagon... It seems to be some kind of bling car, but I think they are ugly, and drive very rough.  I just do not understand it, but in the valet gig everyone gets excited when we get one in, and I turn the otherway because I think they are a waste of perfectly good metal.

Anyone?

P.S. I like the pics!

omicron

Quoteso maybe this belongs in a different thread, but what is the purpose of the Mercedes G-wagon... It seems to be some kind of bling car, but I think they are ugly, and drive very rough.  I just do not understand it, but in the valet gig everyone gets excited when we get one in, and I turn the otherway because I think they are a waste of perfectly good metal.

Anyone?

P.S. I like the pics!
Precisely. It's anti-social, drinks fuel, isn't at all space efficient, was styled way back in 1979 or something......That's why it rocks.

It's wonderful. I want one. My God, it's got a supercharged AMG V8. Imagine putting a wheel up in the flowerbed of the Neiman Marcus car park in one of these :devil:

Raza

Quoteso maybe this belongs in a different thread, but what is the purpose of the Mercedes G-wagon... It seems to be some kind of bling car, but I think they are ugly, and drive very rough.  I just do not understand it, but in the valet gig everyone gets excited when we get one in, and I turn the otherway because I think they are a waste of perfectly good metal.

Anyone?

P.S. I like the pics!
I think they're gorgeous.  

It's an incredibly capable offroader that has been in service since the 70s, and it's been gussied up to sell to image conscious consumers.

I want one, but strictly for offroading.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

If I'm taking a Mercedes offroading it's gonna be the Unimog.

Raza

QuoteIf I'm taking a Mercedes offroading it's gonna be the Unimog.
I'm taking a Gelandewagen.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Going off-road dosn't sound like much fun to me.

93JC

QuoteGoing off-road dosn't sound like much fun to me.
It certainly wouldn't be if you broke a six-figure Mercedes.

Raza

QuoteGoing off-road dosn't sound like much fun to me.
Not in a Z.  It's a different kind of fun.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

I'm an adrenaline-junkie, driving over some rocks doesn't seem very exciting.

Raza

QuoteI'm an adrenaline-junkie, driving over some rocks doesn't seem very exciting.
I don't get the really slow offroading--I figure since satellites and shit, there are no more uncharted territories, but that doesn't mean mankind's thirst for conquest and exploration has been quenched.  To me, it seems that offroading is another way of conquering the natural world.  

It's not my cup of tea--I prefer to conquer the laws of physics, but I can see why people do it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

850CSi

QuoteI'm an adrenaline-junkie, driving over some rocks doesn't seem very exciting.
Like Raza, I personally don't understand the whole slow off-road thing.

But driving a capable vehicle at [relatively] high speeds on mud roads is a LOT of fun. I used to do it a lot overseas before we sold our Land Rover.

Now we have a Passat, so no more of that.

cawimmer430

Anyone?

P.S. I like the pics!
It's not pretty, but it's the whole CULT thing behind the G-Wagen. It's been around since 1979 and has a reputation for toughness. It's solid, very offroad capable and available in Europe with smaller diesel engines. America only gets the fuel-sipping G500 an G55 AMG.

I want one myself.  :praise:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

But driving a capable vehicle at [relatively] high speeds on mud roads is a LOT of fun. I used to do it a lot overseas before we sold our Land Rover.

You've got a Passat?

The new one?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

850CSi

You've got a Passat?

The new one?
No. It's a B5 like yours. 1.6 5MT.

Raza

You've got a Passat?

The new one?
1.6?

It's a great car, isn't it?  What year is it?

I say it's the last Passat that's a drivers' car.  The new one is a luxury car--but the new Jetta 2.0T and GLI are where the Passat left off.  Even weigh about the same and have practically identical interior dimensions.  

I wish mine had the stick.  Then I'd bloody keep it, get to work modifying it, and call off my hunt for a car that's everything, and find something cheap, used, and possibly named "Mazdaspeed MX-5" to kick around in when it gets sunny.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

850CSi

You've got a Passat?

The new one?
1.6?

It's a great car, isn't it?  What year is it?

I say it's the last Passat that's a drivers' car.  The new one is a luxury car--but the new Jetta 2.0T and GLI are where the Passat left off.  Even weigh about the same and have practically identical interior dimensions.  

I wish mine had the stick.  Then I'd bloody keep it, get to work modifying it, and call off my hunt for a car that's everything, and find something cheap, used, and possibly named "Mazdaspeed MX-5" to kick around in when it gets sunny.
I'm leaving today and I'll be able to get online every now and then so I guess I'll tell you about it. I'm not sure, I think it's either an '03 or '04. One of my uncles takes care of our car stuff over there and so he was the one who got rid of the Disco and got the Passat during the winter so I haven't seen it. He has a Peugeot 406 that I've talked about driving before (It handles very well but it has one of the worst clutches I have ever driven).

I can't remember the last time I drove a VW. I think it was actually a Yellow 1.8 5MT New Bug. I don't even remember the last time I drove FWD. It was probably my cousin's Mazda 6i (which I liked).

Since it's a 1.6 it's probably underpowered but light. I say the 1.8t is the perfect engine for the B5. I actually know someone who has a stick 1.8t here.

I'm actually looking forward to driving it, especially since I get my driver's license over there this year and so I'll be doing most of the driving. And since law enforcement is disabled with a $0.50 bribe, I'm going to be driving like a madman where there aren't pedestrians. And I want to see how it compares to my ex-A4.