***2006 VW Eos***

Started by cawimmer430, July 03, 2006, 03:38:24 PM

cawimmer430

This car has been out for quite some time, but only now did I see my first one - and it was at the local Audi-VW dealership. Cute car. The interior looks amazing and although I have not driven one yet (and probably never will), it looks like a fun car.

Except that there is no V8 option available.  :devil:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

It's too cutesy for me, but I think it will be a big hit, especially in 2.0T guise.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

QuoteIt's too cutesy for me, but I think it will be a big hit, especially in 2.0T guise.
And with chicks.  ;)  

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

I like Volvo's new hardtop convertible better.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

QuoteI like Volvo's new hardtop convertible better.
C'mon, we beat Sweden 2-0. Buy German!  :P  :lol:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

The styling of that one also irks me...it's too...inflated?

Something about it turns me off.  That said, there are no four seater hardtop convertibles that look good.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MX793

Something about it turns me off.  That said, there are no four seater hardtop convertibles that look good.
I've never found 4 seat convertibles in general to look all that good.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

omicron

Yuck. This, the 207CC, 307CC, new C70 and its Focus equivalent are largely pointless cars that are uglier than their hatchback or sedan counterparts.

They'll sell billions.  

MX793

The Eos has some weird proportions to it, especially with the top up.  The rear deck is actually lower than the rear of the hood (where the windshield meets the hood).  The rear deck also appears proportionally too long compared to the hood.  Makes it look like the whole greenhouse/cabin is pushed ahead of where it should be.  Or perhaps it's that the rear wheels are pushed too far rearward relative to the C pillar (or a combination).  The aftmost edge of the C pillar on the Volvo is much closer to the rear edge of the wheel arch than that of the Eos.

The whole design (top up) just seems a little off to me.  The Volvo just seems more coherent.
Needs more Jiggawatts

ifcar

Now we know where Chrysler found its inspiration for the Sebring headlights.

SVT666

Really?  Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, BMW 3 Series, etc.?

Raghavan

cawimmer430

QuoteI hate it.
Just because it is FWD right?  :devil:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

Really?  Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, BMW 3 Series, etc.?
None of them, in my mind, look as good as their fixed roof counterparts.  Not necessarily ugly, but few, if any, 4 seat drop tops get me salivating.  The only soft tops that I generally ever find visually appealing are 2 seaters.
Needs more Jiggawatts

omicron

I dislike almost everything about this car (stupid proportions, Harbour Bridge-esque roofline, silly wheels, fat rear, dorky front) except for the interior. Black on beige interiors I like.  

Raghavan

QuoteI hate it.
No, beceause the headlights are awkward, the taillights are awkward, the proportions are awkward, the wheels are too small, it's overpriced, and i hate hardtop convertibles.

ro51092

It reminds me of the 1st gen SLK

Raza

QuoteI hate it.
No, beceause the headlights are awkward, the taillights are awkward, the proportions are awkward, the wheels are too small, it's overpriced, and i hate hardtop convertibles.
The wheels are too small?  What an odd complaint.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

QuoteI hate it.
Well the car is is disproportionate, it makes the wheels look small, i dunno. On some other car, they'd probably look fine, but on this they look awkward.

Raza

QuoteI hate it.
Well the car is is disproportionate, it makes the wheels look small, i dunno. On some other car, they'd probably look fine, but on this they look awkward.
Looking at the car again, I understand what you're saying, though I don't necessarily agree.  It looks French.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

QuoteI hate it.
Looking at the car again, I understand what you're saying, though I don't necessarily agree.  It looks French.
You think that POS looks somewhat like this?

:ph34r:  

Raza

I was thinking more 307CC.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

omicron

That Peugeot looks like a clog.

Someone once tried to get an air hockey table in the boot of one.  :rolleyes:  

MX793

Appears to suffer the same proportion problems as the Eos.  Hell, looks like it has the same proportions in general.
Needs more Jiggawatts

Raza

That's why I said it looks French!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Appears to suffer the same proportion problems as the Eos.  Hell, looks like it has the same proportions in general.

Just so they're in the same post.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

omicron

Well. That's dysentery for you.  

Raghavan

Ok good. The Clio V6 is one of the cars that I worship.

cawimmer430

QuoteI hate it.
AND because it's FWD.  :devil:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de