***2006 Dodge Caliber***

Started by cawimmer430, July 03, 2006, 04:10:13 PM

cawimmer430

I don't think there are a lot of differences between the European and North American Dodge Calibers, visually that is.

The Caliber looks like a decent truck. Can't say I like the interior much, but the exterior ain't too shabby looking. BTW, does the North American version come with body colored door handles?

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

MX793

Psst...

[whisper]It's not a truck, it's just a tall wagon.[/whisper]
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Atomic

QuotePsst...

dare i say crossover  :ph34r: ?!

SVT666

I don't think anyone actually buys them, they only rent them.

93JC

QuoteI don't think anyone actually buys them, they only rent them.
Haven't seen a rental Caliber yet.  :blink:

I've been seeing more and more of them, and not a single rental.

cawimmer430

QuotePsst...

I sorta figured that out, but I didn't want to flood The Mainstreamers with my lame and boring picture threads.  :lol:  

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

The start out at Euros 14,990 here in Europe: a very appealing price and hence, it could be popular since it is a reasonably decent car.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

thewizard16

Wimmer, you have an interesting idea of what belongs in "The Big Guys" thread...  :P  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

cawimmer430

QuoteWimmer, you have an interesting idea of what belongs in "The Big Guys" thread...  :P
Well, there's no "Little Guys" section here anywhere eh?  :P  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Tom

Atomic

same here! they are here, there, and everywhere  :lol: !

280Z Turbo

These are trucks, Wimmer. That is a lifted station wagon, reminescent of the AMC Eagle. ;)  

Atomic

wasn't there a volkswagon rabbit pick-up truck in the '70s, and a dodge or plymouth omni/horizon based pick-up in the '80s called scamp or rampage? i was too young in the 1980s, but this is what my dad insists to be true.

any historians out there? pix would be awesome. thanks, dudes  B) !  

cawimmer430

I know I know, but I have like 4 topics in the mainstreamers and didn't want to flood it.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

93JC

Quotewasn't there a volkswagon rabbit pick-up truck in the '70s, and a dodge or plymouth omni/horizon based pick-up in the '80s called scamp or rampage? i was too young in the 1980s, but this is what my dad insists to be true.

any historians out there? pix would be awesome. thanks, dudes  B) !

google; use it

Atomic

Quotewasn't there a volkswagon rabbit pick-up truck in the '70s, and a dodge or plymouth omni/horizon based pick-up in the '80s called scamp or rampage? i was too young in the 1980s, but this is what my dad insists to be true.

any historians out there? pix would be awesome. thanks, dudes  B) !

google; use it
wow! there they are! thanks  :lol: !

280Z Turbo

any historians out there? pix would be awesome. thanks, dudes  B) !
There was a pickup like that at the last SCCA Grattan Raceway Autocross. I assume they must be fairly nimble if he took it out on a track like that!

I'll see if I have a pic.

Atomic

any historians out there? pix would be awesome. thanks, dudes? B) !
There was a pickup like that at the last SCCA Grattan Raceway Autocross. I assume they must be fairly nimble if he took it out on a track like that!

I'll see if I have a pic.
nice pix (above)! my dad was right! not that i doubted him.

so if these "car based" vehicles were called trucks; and the ever popular pt-cruiser is classified as a truck, then why not the dodge caliber/caliber srt4?!  

Submariner

QuoteI know I know, but I have like 4 topics in the mainstreamers and didn't want to flood it.
Whore.  :rolleyes:  
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Atomic

QuoteI know I know, but I have like 4 topics in the mainstreamers and didn't want to flood it.
Whore.  :rolleyes:
whores and trolls are welcome  :wave: ! i applaud those who keep entering topics and responding. we cannot wait until others post  :rockon: ! i love to see postings from one and all -- including newbies! all members, in fact  :lol: !

oh! the c&d factor (found on other threads)??? yes. he is a whore. free advertising for the competition, eh?! hmm... yep. a whore. lol!!!

SVT666

Really?  We don't live that far apart and I see rental Calibers all the time.  I have to admit though that I am seeing more privately owned Calibers, but for awhile there all I saw were rentals.

93JC

I still haven't seen a rental Caliber, believe it or not.

It seems to me most rentals are Chevy Cobalts and Impalas, Pontiac Grand Prix, Buick Allures and Hyundai Elantras.

Stranger yet, I've seen a grand total of two new Camrys, and one of them was an Enterprise rental. Used to be you'd never see a Toyota rental car, but now I see more and more of them all the time, especially Corollas.

Tave

I can't wait until I read a story about some drunk getting caught driving around in one of those things with a bunch of beers on "ice" in his glovebox.

IMO, I think this was a bad move by Dodge. It might or might not be a good vehicle, but it's a niche vehicle, for sure. It's meant to be a replacement for the Neon, but I just don't see it selling as well. Too many people are going to be turned off by its styling. All of Dodge's competitors offer a small "car" (read: sedan), and while this might compete fine with the cobalt and focus, I think a lot of people won't cross-shop it with them based purely on configuration.

I think it's just a dumb idea to offer a crossover as your only base model. There's nothing in Dodge's current line-up to satisfy loyal customers who just want your run-of-the-mill, basic "car."
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Atomic

There's nothing in Dodge's current line-up to satisfy loyal customers who just want your run-of-the-mill, basic "car."

chrysler very good about keeping secrets. they're not good about sticking by their staements (i.e. denying that dodge would ever get a four door lx model. shortly thereafter, the charger!).