Video: Elise v. Veyron race on a track

Started by Laconian, July 14, 2006, 01:49:24 AM

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

giant_mtb

Well now we know it handles quite well. ^_^

Raza

The Veyron did better than I though, but the Elise was much faster than the Veyron in the corners (the Veyron gained time on gentle curves and straightaways).  On a tighter track, I'm sure the Elise would win.  Think Anglesey or Bedford West (although Bedford West does have significant straight portions).  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MX793

Reminds me of some footage of an Elise against a Ferrari F40.  The Elise was all over it in the corners, then they hit a straight and the Ferrari checked out.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SVT666

That was unreal.  The Veyron is sick fast.  Something tells me he wasn't pushing it too hard in the corners.  It was almost like the Veyron was purposefully taking it slow so that the Elise would catch up and then he put the hammer down.  Great video.

280Z Turbo

QuoteThe Veyron did better than I though, but the Elise was much faster than the Veyron in the corners (the Veyron gained time on gentle curves and straightaways).  On a tighter track, I'm sure the Elise would win.  Think Anglesey or Bedford West (although Bedford West does have significant straight portions).
I don't think that a guy with a super-exclusive 1.2 million dollar supercar wants to push his car too hard.

Raza

QuoteThe Veyron did better than I though, but the Elise was much faster than the Veyron in the corners (the Veyron gained time on gentle curves and straightaways).  On a tighter track, I'm sure the Elise would win.  Think Anglesey or Bedford West (although Bedford West does have significant straight portions).
I don't think that a guy with a super-exclusive 1.2 million dollar supercar wants to push his car too hard.
You never know--Richard Losee not only pushes his Enzo, he loans it to magazines so they can push it.  If he didn't want to push the car, it would be in his garage, not on a circuit.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

S204STi

I have to say, I know this is a nit-pick so don't take it too seriously, but it has a pretty uninspiring exhaust note. Sounds like a demonic vacuum cleaner with gear whine, lol :hammerhead:  

Raza

QuoteI have to say, I know this is a nit-pick so don't take it too seriously, but it has a pretty uninspiring exhaust note. Sounds like a demonic vacuum cleaner with gear whine, lol :hammerhead:
Which one?  The Elise or the Veyron?  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

QuoteI have to say, I know this is a nit-pick so don't take it too seriously, but it has a pretty uninspiring exhaust note. Sounds like a demonic vacuum cleaner with gear whine, lol :hammerhead:
Oh sorry, the Veyron.  However it seems to sound differently from the outside; another video I watched which was from outside the car had a significantly improved exhaust sound, a nice grumble.

Raza

Oh sorry, the Veyron.  However it seems to sound differently from the outside; another video I watched which was from outside the car had a significantly improved exhaust sound, a nice grumble.
Oh, because I was about to go off on you about the Elise.  If you're ever in one while it's being pushed and you're not ready for it, you'll get a headache.  And be prepared for stares!  It's simply the best car I've ever driven, and the exhaust note definitely is that of a four cylinder, but I do like it.

Never driven a Veyron, though.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

QuoteI need to drive an Elise :(
Hehe.  It's amazing.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

The video was great, and it sounded like the Elise guy had a good sense of humour about the whole stunt. Everytime the Veyron pulls away, he starts laughing his ass off with the rest of us.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raza

QuoteThe video was great, and it sounded like the Elise guy had a good sense of humour about the whole stunt. Everytime the Veyron pulls away, he starts laughing his ass off with the rest of us.
I'd be laughing too if I knew a guy who paid 1.2 million couldn't shake my 45K car in the corners.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

Did the veyron's driver not completely floor it after corners? Or does 1000HP only get u that kind of acceleration (about 1:05 into the clip)
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

S204STi

Oh, because I was about to go off on you about the Elise.  If you're ever in one while it's being pushed and you're not ready for it, you'll get a headache.  And be prepared for stares!  It's simply the best car I've ever driven, and the exhaust note definitely is that of a four cylinder, but I do like it.

Never driven a Veyron, though.
I dig the Elise, and I dont mind a fourbanger so long as it doesn't sound flatulent. :D  

Eye of the Tiger

The Elise is a sweet car, no doubt, but if you're going to get a single purpose car like that, I figure you might as well go all out and get a Caterham Seven.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

QuoteThe Elise is a sweet car, no doubt, but if you're going to get a single purpose car like that, I figure you might as well go all out and get a Caterham Seven.
But the Elise can be driven daily.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i