BMW M Coupe
2 (6.7%)
BMW M3 (E46)
2 (6.7%)
BMW M3 CSL (E46)
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Raza

Alright, it's simple.  You choose the M car that you'd have as yours, and then explain why.  All cars are current in their generation.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Run Away

M3 CSL because the others are either too big or too ugly.

AnotherVictim

I chose the M5. Yes, she's not a real pretty girl.

I'm still in love with the idea of 4doors and serious speed though.  

MrEddy

I'll take the M Roadster thank you.  

Raza

QuoteI'll take the M Roadster thank you.
I'm going with the Roadster as well.  The only real sports car here.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

M Coupe, because I'd rather have a proper hard top.

850CSi

I'd take an E39 M5 over them all, but as far as this list goes...

E46 M3.

MX793

QuoteM Coupe, because I'd rather have a proper hard top.
Ditto
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ro51092

Toss-up between M5 and M Roadster. The M Roadster is the true sports car in this bunch, and who can argue with a smaller, more compact, and lighter M3? The M5, because I absolutely love its engine, and 4 doors with Ferrari performance is hard to argue with. However, I just wish that it came in REAL manual.

BMWDave

QuoteToss-up between M5 and M Roadster. The M Roadster is the true sports car in this bunch, and who can argue with a smaller, more compact, and lighter M3? The M5, because I absolutely love its engine, and 4 doors with Ferrari performance is hard to argue with. However, I just wish that it came in REAL manual.
Soon it will come in a real manual-M5 6MTs will be arriving in the US soon.  

2007 Honda S2000

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

850CSi

QuoteToss-up between M5 and M Roadster. The M Roadster is the true sports car in this bunch, and who can argue with a smaller, more compact, and lighter M3? The M5, because I absolutely love its engine, and 4 doors with Ferrari performance is hard to argue with. However, I just wish that it came in REAL manual.
The M5s WEIGHT is what bothers me more than anything.

TBR

M Coupe or Roadster, probably just which ever one looks better in person (never seen a Z4 or M coupe, they look slightly awkward in profile from photos, other angles they look awesome).

Tom

M Roadster.  Why not go all out?  As Laconian says, weight is the enemy.

BMWDave

QuoteM Coupe or Roadster, probably just which ever one looks better in person (never seen a Z4 or M coupe, they look slightly awkward in profile from photos, other angles they look awesome).
Are you serious :o  Wow, why is that?

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

The M5s WEIGHT is what bothers me more than anything.
Agreed.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

QuoteM Coupe or Roadster, probably just which ever one looks better in person (never seen a Z4 or M coupe, they look slightly awkward in profile from photos, other angles they look awesome).
He lives in Texas.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

BMW M5.  It's the only M-car I'd seriously consider buying.  If I was loaded and wanted a kickass sedan, it'd be an M5.

I also really like the M-roadster and M-coupe, but I'd rather have a Vette over either.

I like the E46 M3 and if I was buying a car 3-years ago I would have seriously considered it, but it's too close to the end of its life cycle for me to consider buying it now.

I've said before how I feel about the M6.  If I was shopping for a car in that price range and didn't want/need a 4-door (ala M5), I'd cross shop the ZO6 and Carrera S (hell maybe even a GT3 if it wasn't going to be a daily driver) and end up with a better sports car for significantly less money (or the same money in the case of the GT3).

Raza

QuoteBMW M5.  It's the only M-car I'd seriously consider buying.  If I was loaded and wanted a kickass sedan, it'd be an M5.

I also really like the M-roadster and M-coupe, but I'd rather have a Vette over either.

I like the E46 M3 and if I was buying a car 3-years ago I would have seriously considered it, but it's too close to the end of its life cycle for me to consider buying it now.

I've said before how I feel about the M6.  If I was shopping for a car in that price range and didn't want/need a 4-door (ala M5), I'd cross shop the ZO6 and Carrera S (hell maybe even a GT3 if it wasn't going to be a daily driver) and end up with a better sports car for significantly less money (or the same money in the case of the GT3).
Whoa, you and AnotherVictim have the same avatar.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

jadewolf123

Id say M3 CSL but its getting old so the M Roadster or coupe are very nice. Plus they are more of a eye catcher than a car that looks slightly different than a run of the mill M3.  
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

TBR

The nose looks way too long considering how small the cockpit is.  

BMWDave

The nose looks way too long considering how small the cockpit is.
No no no, I meant how can it be that you've never seen one.  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Last time I checked the Z4/M coupe isn't even on sale yet <_< . I have seen the roadster many times.

BMWDave

QuoteLast time I checked the Z4/M coupe isn't even on sale yet <_< . I have seen the roadster many times.
Oooo, I thought you said you had never seen a Z4.  And I believe the Coupe is on sale at the moment.  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

BMWDave

QuoteIt isn't on BMW's BYO yet.
I've checked various BMW dealership sites in the area that allow you to build your Z4 Coupe, and I've seen numerous M Roadsters on the roads already.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

QuoteIt isn't on BMW's BYO yet.
Are you using www.bmwusa.com or www.notbmwusa.com?

It's on BYO.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

omicron

M Roadster. For every other M model there's another car I'd prefer.  

jadewolf123

I would take any if offered, but most likely the most expensive and then sell it off for a 911.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd