The Toyota Camry thread

Started by ifcar, May 25, 2005, 05:40:13 PM

Which choice matches your opinion the closest?

It truly is an excellent car, worthy of its high sales and reviewers' praise.
6 (28.6%)
It is a decent car, but not as good as it's made out to be.
14 (66.7%)
It is simply an awful vehicle, there is no good reason that it is popular and critically-acclaimed.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Raghavan

QuoteIt is a decent car, but I really don't consider it to be any more refined than an Altima, Accord, or even our '04 Outback. It isn't particularly quiet and doesn't have a spectacular ride. A snooze on wheels, but I guess it works for some people.
you mean a lot of people right? ;)  

TBR

QuoteIt is a decent car, but I really don't consider it to be any more refined than an Altima, Accord, or even our '04 Outback. It isn't particularly quiet and doesn't have a spectacular ride. A snooze on wheels, but I guess it works for some people.
Around here "some" is definitely the approporiate word, midsize mainstreamers are actually pretty rare here and I see just as many Altimas and 6s as Accords and Camrys (and a lot more Impalas, Malibus, and Tauri than any of those).

Raghavan

Around here "some" is definitely the approporiate word, midsize mainstreamers are actually pretty rare here and I see just as many Altimas and 6s as Accords and Camrys (and a lot more Impalas, Malibus, and Tauri than any of those).
i'm talking about national sales, as the Camry's is the highest selling . ;)  

TBR

Yes, I understand that, I was just making it clear that there really aren't that many Camrys out here (Suburbans and Tahoes out number them at least 3 to 1).

Raghavan

Yes, I understand that, I was just making it clear that there really aren't that many Camrys out here (Suburbans and Tahoes out number them at least 3 to 1).
where do you live?

TBR

where do you live?
East Texas

Raghavan

where do you live?
East Texas
ahh, so you have that ranch and heavy duty truck and SUV kind of thing there?

TBR

where do you live?
East Texas
Lol, have you ever been to Texas? East Texas has forests, not plains and cows. Most of our industry around here is forestry, not cattlery (is that even a word?). Pretty much all of the "ranchers" do it for fun more than any thing else, no one really makes a living off of it here.  

Raghavan

where do you live?
East Texas
Lol, have you ever been to Texas? East Texas has forests, not plains and cows. Most of our industry around here is forestry, not cattlery (is that even a word?). Pretty much all of the "ranchers" do it for fun more than any thing else, no one really makes a living off of it here.
well, Nissan made that texas ranch Titan, so i just thought that was the norm there.

TBR

where do you live?
East Texas
well, Nissan made that texas ranch Titan, so i just thought that was the norm there.
Nope, Texas is big enough that our landscape varies widely across the state. And, I believe it is just called the Texas Edition Titan and is just an option package that primarily includes some power features and larger than normal chrome wheels.  

Raghavan

where do you live?
East Texas
Nope, Texas is big enough that our landscape varies widely across the state. And, I believe it is just called the Texas Edition Titan and is just an option package that primarily includes some power features and larger than normal chrome wheels.
well, the ranch edition was sold only in Texas, so that's why i was asking.