GT-R Info

Started by Catman, May 25, 2005, 06:33:11 PM

Catman

Nissan chief Carlos Ghosn has promised in time for the 2007 Tokyo motor show?the Skyline GT-R?appears to be running through its paces in the form of a super-powered, special-bodied Infiniti G35 Coupe (below). The all-wheel-drive Skyline will be powered by a 450-hp, twin-turbocharged V6 engine, with suspension tuned by Lotus engineers.

Raghavan

rear bumper looks horrible.

Catman

Quoterear bumper looks horrible.
It's disguised as a G35 coupe, read the text.

Raghavan

I'm just saying that it looks horrible, and if they're disguising it, then why not make it look like a normal G35?

BMWDave

I'm just saying that it looks horrible, and if they're disguising it, then why not make it look like a normal G35?
The mechanicals need to be tailored to a cars body, or vice versa.   It cant just look like a normal G35 when it has different wheelbase, engine, etc.  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

The mechanicals need to be tailored to a cars body, or vice versa.   It cant just look like a normal G35 when it has different wheelbase, engine, etc.
I mean without the huge bodykit and big-ass bumpers. Surely it can do without those things, right?

BMWDave

I mean without the huge bodykit and big-ass bumpers. Surely it can do without those things, right?
Probably not...the GTR has different fender bulges, and the only way to disguise that is to stretch out the bumpers on this test mule.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Probably not...the GTR has different fender bulges, and the only way to disguise that is to stretch out the bumpers on this test mule.
god i hope they don't make the GT-R with huge-ass bulgy bumpers. :o  :(  

BMWDave

god i hope they don't make the GT-R with huge-ass bulgy bumpers. :o  :(
Take it easy...the GT-R will look nice.  They had to stretch out the bumpers on THIS mule because the GT-R has bigger bumpers than a G35.  They will not look ugly at all.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Wow Dave: you respond to post pretty damn fast! :o  

Catman

yeah, relax it's a prototype for crying out loud.  The production car will look totally different.

Raghavan

Maybe it'll come into production as an option- they can fill it with foam so it floats on water!

FlatBlackCaddy

Well this should be a screamer.

Judging by what the STI can do in 0-60 with its 300hp 4 banger i can see this GT-R with 450hp and awd getting into the mid to low 4's pretty easily. I hope they keep the weight in check.

I'm worried about what nissan will do in the way of the transmission.
I've heard early rumors that they are thinking of going with a 7 speed automated manual like the M5 has. I for one would hope they offer a true manual in it.

Raza

I hope it's got a manual--I mean, the old GT-Rs had them, so it should be feasible.  Also, I hope they price it right--against the M3, but lower than.  Also, I hope it looks nothing like the spy pics and/or computer renderings we've seen
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

I think the general idea is that it will(should) be a nissan, and will(should) be around the price of the older cars. I"m sure the car will be more since it has been given considerably more power than the previous models.

The last GT-R made 276(really about 330-350 crank hp), this one easily has 100HP more than the true output of the last model.

I hope nissan does this right, stick with the original idea of the GT-R and keep the price under 50(45-50 i would guess). I'll hope and pray for a lower number.

I'm guessing that the price/features/and logo(nissan or infiniti) will come down to how many will be produced for this country. A higher number would mean a lower price and probobly a nissan emblem. A low production number will probobly result in a overweighted overtech 70-80K infiniti.

Stick to your roots nissan, do the right thing.

giant_mtb

I like the last gen Skyline better...  :(   The G35-gen (if I can call it that?) Skyline just isn't as pleasing or protruding to the eye as the last-gen Skyline was.

Raghavan

QuoteI like the last gen Skyline better...  :(   The G35-gen (if I can call it that?) Skyline just isn't as pleasing or protruding to the eye as the last-gen Skyline was.
^agreed^

Fire It Up

QuoteI like the last gen Skyline better...  :(   The G35-gen (if I can call it that?) Skyline just isn't as pleasing or protruding to the eye as the last-gen Skyline was.
1.) G35 = V35. 2.) Thats not the one! I've seen pics of mules like this on forums before, and in those pics its obvious that its a disguise.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Fire It Up

QuoteWell this should be a screamer.

Judging by what the STI can do in 0-60 with its 300hp 4 banger i can see this GT-R with 450hp and awd getting into the mid to low 4's pretty easily. I hope they keep the weight in check.

I've heard early rumors that they are thinking of going with a 7 speed automated manual like the M5 has. I for one would hope they offer a true manual in it.
Whered you hear that? That better be just a rumor...
And for price, do you think they may go over the speculated power to 500? This way it can compete with the GT500/Vette.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

QuoteWell this should be a screamer.

Whered you hear that? That better be just a rumor...
And for price, do you think they may go over the speculated power to 500? This way it can compete with the GT500/Vette.
That'd most likely push the cost to over $50k, something not very many people would want.

Catman

OMG! :o   Do you guys read?  It's a test mule.  The look of the test car will have absolutely little in common with a G35.  Nissan is not going to run around a race track with the production car and let the styling out of the bag.  And that's if they even have a body for it yet.  For christ sakes relax on the comments about its looks.

Raghavan

OMFG! catman said OMG!

giant_mtb

QuoteI like the last gen Skyline better...  :(   The G35-gen (if I can call it that?) Skyline just isn't as pleasing or protruding to the eye as the last-gen Skyline was.
OMG! :o   Do you guys read?  It's a test mule.  The look of the test car will have absolutely little in common with a G35.  Nissan is not going to run around a race track with the production car and let the styling out of the bag.  And that's if they even have a body for it yet.  For christ sakes relax on the comments about its looks.
I know...but don't the Skylines look pretty much just like a G35?  Isn't the G35 the "American Skyline"?  I just prefer the older look...that's all.  :(  

BMWDave

QuoteOMFG! catman said OMG!
oh my god....that is just like so weird...Catman like said OMG! :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteI like the last gen Skyline better...  :(   The G35-gen (if I can call it that?) Skyline just isn't as pleasing or protruding to the eye as the last-gen Skyline was.
I know...but don't the Skylines look pretty much just like a G35?  Isn't the G35 the "American Skyline"?  I just prefer the older look...that's all.  :(
yeah, our g is the skyline there, but there's no GT-R there.

Catman

OMG! :lol:   The Skyline is the name for the G35 in Japan.  Totally different car than the Skyline GT-R.  Since there is no Skyline here there is little confusion.  When the car comes here it will most likely be called the GT-R and won't have anything to do with the Z or the G.

Raghavan

QuoteOMG! :lol:   The Skyline is the name for the G35 in Japan.  Totally different car than the Skyline GT-R.  Since there is no Skyline here there is little confusion.  When the car comes here it will most likely be called the GT-R and won't have anything to do with the Z or the G.
Thank you, Captain Obivious! that's just what i said. :rolleyes:  :lol:  

Catman

QuoteOMG! :lol:   The Skyline is the name for the G35 in Japan.  Totally different car than the Skyline GT-R.  Since there is no Skyline here there is little confusion.  When the car comes here it will most likely be called the GT-R and won't have anything to do with the Z or the G.
Hey I got a promotion! :praise:  

BMWDave

QuoteOMG! :lol:?  The Skyline is the name for the G35 in Japan.? Totally different car than the Skyline GT-R.? Since there is no Skyline here there is little confusion.? When the car comes here it will most likely be called the GT-R and won't have anything to do with the Z or the G.
Ha, lol :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteOMG! :lol:   The Skyline is the name for the G35 in Japan.  Totally different car than the Skyline GT-R.  Since there is no Skyline here there is little confusion.  When the car comes here it will most likely be called the GT-R and won't have anything to do with the Z or the G.
woohoo! :rockon: