'07 G35 - 306 hp

Started by afty, July 21, 2006, 11:01:23 AM

afty

Nissan/Infiniti just released the official power rating on the '07 G35: 306 hp.  Gee, where have I seen that hp number before?  

Other interesting info:
- All engines rerated under new SAE test procedures
- '07 G35 is using a new revision of the VQ called the VQ35HR (High Revolution or High Response).  Has a higher compression ratio, a higher redline, and variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust cams.  Also will be used in the '07 350Z.

Revised engine ratings:
- G35 coupe: 300 hp -> 293
- M35: 280 hp -> 275
- M45: 335 hp -> 325
- FX35: 280 hp -> 275
- FX45: stays same
- QX56: 315 hp -> 320

Full press release here:
http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/news/pr...720022005.shtml

Atomic

was the flagship "Q" sedan discontinued? if so, for '06 or '07? i'd like to see the next generation fullsize sedan directly take on the lexus ls  :lol: !  

afty

I doubt it, but it's very surprising that Infiniti doesn't even mention their flagship in that press release.  I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out.  I think it does say something about Infiniti's attitude toward the Q.

CaseyNPham

I got a letter in the mail from Infiniti (Don't know why...) and they had a picture of their lineup and I noticed that there wasn't that many cars. Then I realized that only 5 models were left! That is, if you consider the g sedan and coupe two models.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Atomic

QuoteI doubt it, but it's very surprising that Infiniti doesn't even mention their flagship in that press release.  I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out.  I think it does say something about Infiniti's attitude toward the Q.
after the success of the g35 and m-series, i think it's about time infiniti brings out an all new "Q". however, it may be deserving of a new letter, eh  :praise: ?!  

CWW

306HP? Mercedes S500 (W220), E500 (pre facelift), SL500 (pre facelift) etc. pp.

Atomic

afty: do we know the prices of the 2007 g35? i'm thinking about replacing my maxi w/ an awd version.

TBR

Quote306HP? Mercedes S500 (W220), E500 (pre facelift), SL500 (pre facelift) etc. pp.
Or, far more importantly, the Lexus IS350.

Raza

Quote306HP? Mercedes S500 (W220), E500 (pre facelift), SL500 (pre facelift) etc. pp.
In America, they were 302bhp.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MX793

QuoteI got a letter in the mail from Infiniti (Don't know why...) and they had a picture of their lineup and I noticed that there wasn't that many cars. Then I realized that only 5 models were left! That is, if you consider the g sedan and coupe two models.
Has the Q officially been put out to pasture for '07?

At any rate, the company has never had a huge line.  I think that 6 models is the most they've ever offered in one year, and that was back in '03 and '04.  Prior to that they had a 3-4 car lineup.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

S204STi

:clap: Cool, looks like the Zcar gets this engine, which should deal with my ambivalence about the car.  yay nissan/infiniti! :rockon:  

MX793

Quote:clap: Cool, looks like the Zcar gets this engine, which should deal with my ambivalence about the car.  yay nissan/infiniti! :rockon:
I'd be curious if that boost in power comes at the cost of midrange.  As I recall, the 300 hp anniversery edition Z car wasn't any faster than the standard, 287 hp car because that added peak power came at the cost of low and midrange power/torque.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

QuoteI got a letter in the mail from Infiniti (Don't know why...) and they had a picture of their lineup and I noticed that there wasn't that many cars. Then I realized that only 5 models were left! That is, if you consider the g sedan and coupe two models.
Has the Q officially been put out to pasture for '07?

At any rate, the company has never had a huge line.  I think that 6 models is the most they've ever offered in one year, and that was back in '03 and '04.  Prior to that they had a 3-4 car lineup.
I doubt they'd kill the Q without plans for a replacement.  My bet is that it goes through 2007 unchanged, and then in 2008 or 2009 there'll be a new Q.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Quote:clap: Cool, looks like the Zcar gets this engine, which should deal with my ambivalence about the car.  yay nissan/infiniti! :rockon:
It's only a 6hp difference from a M/T Z, what the car needs is less weight and more refined engine. Hopefully the revised engine will be more refined.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

MX793

Quote:clap: Cool, looks like the Zcar gets this engine, which should deal with my ambivalence about the car.  yay nissan/infiniti! :rockon:
It's only a 6hp difference from a M/T Z, what the car needs is less weight and more refined engine. Hopefully the revised engine will be more refined.
I believe it ends up being slightly more than 6 hp since this is 306 hp using the revised SAE rating standards compared to the 300 hp rating that was using the older standards.  The VQ35DE lost a couple of ponies when it was rerated using the revised standards.
Needs more Jiggawatts

S204STi

Quote:clap: Cool, looks like the Zcar gets this engine, which should deal with my ambivalence about the car.  yay nissan/infiniti! :rockon:
It's all about seat-of-the-pants anyway when you talk about subjective preference.  My sphinct-o-meter says the current car is not that exciting, but I know others disagree and I respect their views.

MX793

It's all about seat-of-the-pants anyway when you talk about subjective preference.  My sphinct-o-meter says the current car is not that exciting, but I know others disagree and I respect their views.
By the seat of the pants, you'd likely find the older, 287 hp Z car to have more punch than the later (or current) 300 hp car.
Needs more Jiggawatts

S204STi

Quote:clap: Cool, looks like the Zcar gets this engine, which should deal with my ambivalence about the car.? yay nissan/infiniti! :rockon:
By the seat of the pants, you'd likely find the older, 287 hp Z car to have more punch than the later (or current) 300 hp car.
Well, in a back to back comparison there is really no difference to me. But you are probably correct, if anything the older car would feel faster due to the low-end.  

JYODER240

Quote:clap: Cool, looks like the Zcar gets this engine, which should deal with my ambivalence about the car.? yay nissan/infiniti! :rockon:
Well, in a back to back comparison there is really no difference to me. But you are probably correct, if anything the older car would feel faster due to the low-end.
I've driven them back to back and you really don't feel any difference.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TBR

Also, I am a little surprised to see the M35's rating go down, considering its exceptional performance I really thought it was underrated.

S204STi

QuoteAlso, I am a little surprised to see the M35's rating go down, considering its exceptional performance I really thought it was underrated.
Different exhaust setup compared with Z and other details such as lack of exhaust valve timing and different cams may have to do with the fact that the M35 dropped while the 350Z went up.  Maybe? :D  

MX793

QuoteAlso, I am a little surprised to see the M35's rating go down, considering its exceptional performance I really thought it was underrated.
Different exhaust setup compared with Z and other details such as lack of exhaust valve timing and different cams may have to do with the fact that the M35 dropped while the 350Z went up.  Maybe? :D
the Z and M35 will be using different versions of the VQ.  The Z gets the newer VQ35HR while the M35 is still using the older VQ35DE (which lost power on paper across the board after adopting the latest SAE power rating revision).
Needs more Jiggawatts

afty

The M35 is geared very short to get strong performance out of the V6.  According to Motor Trend, in top gear at 60 mph, the engine is spinning at 2500 rpm.