Ford Freestyle

Started by Catman, May 27, 2005, 01:52:34 AM

BMWDave

QuoteThe Freelander SE3 really didnt compete with the Wrangler, being that it probably cannot go in a lot of places where the Wrangler can.? The Defender 2 door is a amazing off road vehicle, but sadly, it is not sold in NA anymore.? Anyone know why?
prolly cos it's unreliable, like all LR's are.
I'm sure thats the reason.  I could generalize Honda with stupid statements like that, but then again, I am not a troll and dont provide generalizations for entire companies. :rolleyes:
and unlike you, dimwit, i can understand what's a joke and what's not. :rolleyes:
Youre knowledge of cars is shallow at best, and you are a troll.  If you were joking you would have put a smiley in there, which you did not.  Probably because you were in such a rush to post that you forgot to put in the smiley :rolleyes:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Catman

You guys need time out! rokon.gif  

BMWDave

QuoteYou guys need time out! rokon.gif
Well, it seems as if Raghavan cannot learn how to post a joke, or I suck at reading them.  One or the other.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteThe Freelander SE3 really didnt compete with the Wrangler, being that it probably cannot go in a lot of places where the Wrangler can.  The Defender 2 door is a amazing off road vehicle, but sadly, it is not sold in NA anymore.  Anyone know why?
I'm sure thats the reason.  I could generalize Honda with stupid statements like that, but then again, I am not a troll and dont provide generalizations for entire companies. :rolleyes:
and unlike you, dimwit, i can understand what's a joke and what's not. :rolleyes:
Youre knowledge of cars is shallow at best, and you are a troll.  If you were joking you would have put a smiley in there, which you did not.  Probably because you were in such a rush to post that you forgot to put in the smiley :rolleyes:
i refer you to my post of the Dodge fires thread. I actually admitted that it's honda's fault and everything, so i don't think i make a very good troll. and if you think my knowledge of cars is shallow, then why don't you take it as a joke? and i didn't want to put in a smiley to see your reaction, but apparently, you fail to take it as a joke AFTER i told you it's a damn joke!
some people... :rolleyes:  

BMWDave

QuoteThe Freelander SE3 really didnt compete with the Wrangler, being that it probably cannot go in a lot of places where the Wrangler can.? The Defender 2 door is a amazing off road vehicle, but sadly, it is not sold in NA anymore.? Anyone know why?
i refer you to my post of the Dodge fires thread. I actually admitted that it's honda's fault and everything, so i don't think i make a very good troll. and if you think my knowledge of cars is shallow, then why don't you take it as a joke? and i didn't want to put in a smiley to see your reaction, but apparently, you fail to take it as a joke AFTER i told you it's a damn joke!
Now you prove to me that you are a crazy person as well...perhaps I will be posting anti-Honda posts to guage your reaction.  You are one strange person, my friend.

2007 Honda S2000

Catman

Oh relax you two, who cares?  Nothing worth getting bent over.  Move along. :lol:  

Raghavan

QuoteThe Freelander SE3 really didnt compete with the Wrangler, being that it probably cannot go in a lot of places where the Wrangler can.  The Defender 2 door is a amazing off road vehicle, but sadly, it is not sold in NA anymore.  Anyone know why?
Now you prove to me that you are a crazy person as well...perhaps I will be posting anti-Honda posts to guage your reaction.  You are one strange person, my friend.
i don't care what you think and say of Honda. i'll just say it's a joke and everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
you're fighting a losing war, dave.

BMWDave

QuoteOh relax you two, who cares?  Nothing worth getting bent over.  Move along. :lol:
All right...we each got our point across, and this argument is ended.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteOh relax you two, who cares?  Nothing worth getting bent over.  Move along. :lol:
sorry catman, but sometimes dave's an idiot. ive learned not to pull a joke around him...

Raghavan

QuoteOh relax you two, who cares?  Nothing worth getting bent over.  Move along. :lol:
did i win? :lol:
and i still don't get your point.

BMWDave

QuoteOh relax you two, who cares?? Nothing worth getting bent over.? Move along. :lol:
no :lol:   You said all LR's are reliable, and I said its unfair to make that generalization.  Case closed.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteOh relax you two, who cares?  Nothing worth getting bent over.  Move along. :lol:
no :lol:   You said all LR's are reliable, and I said its unfair to make that generalization.  Case closed.
and i said it was a joke. can you not understand a joke???

BMWDave

QuoteOh relax you two, who cares?? Nothing worth getting bent over.? Move along. :lol:
Jesus, I understand!!!!  The argument is done!

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Jesus, I understand!!!!  The argument is done!
:lol:  :lol:  

TBR

sorry catman, but sometimes dave's an idiot. ive learned not to pull a joke around him...
The key is making it obvious that it is a joke, with the lack of smilies and your "beginner's knowledge of cars" I was ready to call you on that comment myself if I needed to. Really, would it kill you to put a few smilies in your posts so that we know you are kidding?  

Raghavan

The key is making it obvious that it is a joke, with the lack of smilies and your "beginner's knowledge of cars" I was ready to call you on that comment myself if I needed to. Really, would it kill you to put a few smilies in your posts so that we know you are kidding?
sorry. i'm a postwhore. no time for that. :lol:  

BMWDave

That was sort of my point. ;)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

That was sort of my point. ;)
you guys really underestimate the job of being a postwhore. it's really hard! :lol:  

ifcar

Well said. Furthermore, post whoring is post whoring whether it is making worthless auto-related comments or posting smilies.  

JWC

Well, getting back on topic....................

The Freestyle generated some confusion when it arrived and had to be cataloged at the dealership for the first time. I settled on filing the paperwork for the Freestyle with trucks and minivans because of its VIN. Ford cars have a VIN ending with six numerals (123456); Ford trucks and minivans have a VIN ending with a letter and five numbers (A12345).  

Crossover is the best term for it. Is it a minivan, disguised as a station wagon? A station wagon given a utiity VIN to dodge some Federal safety requirements?  

As for the CVT, we only had one problem so far, early production model.  No problems since. Ford became aware of the problem shortly after the F-style's release and corrected it.

Raghavan

QuoteWell, getting back on topic....................

The Freestyle generated some confusion when it arrived and had to be cataloged at the dealership for the first time. I settled on filing the paperwork for the Freestyle with trucks and minivans because of its VIN. Ford cars have a VIN ending with six numerals (123456); Ford trucks and minivans have a VIN ending with a letter and five numbers (A12345).  

Crossover is the best term for it. Is it a minivan, disguised as a station wagon? A station wagon given a utiity VIN to dodge some Federal safety requirements?  

As for the CVT, we only had one problem so far, early production model.  No problems since. Ford became aware of the problem shortly after the F-style's release and corrected it.
how are they selling at your dealership?

Lebowski

QuoteCalling it a crossover is a bit of a stretch, it is nothing more than a station wagon with a slightly body lift ...
Isn't that what most crossovers are?

ifcar

Ford's website lists it under "cars", but VIN classification is probably more accurate.  

Raghavan

shouldn't it be classified as a car? it is based on the 500's platform.

ifcar

As for the CVT, we only had one problem so far, early production model.  No problems since. Ford became aware of the problem shortly after the F-style's release and corrected it.
Many SUVs are based on car platforms. Welcome to the last seven or eight years.  :rolleyes:  

mazda6er

kids these days. tsk, tsk.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

JWC

As for the CVT, we only had one problem so far, early production model.  No problems since. Ford became aware of the problem shortly after the F-style's release and corrected it.
Many SUVs are based on car platforms. Welcome to the last seven or eight years.  :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:  :D  :D  :lol:  

Raghavan

thanks. :praise:

TBR

QuoteCalling it a crossover is a bit of a stretch, it is nothing more than a station wagon with a slightly body lift ...
Isn't that what most crossovers are?
Mechanically? Yes. Cosmetically? No. The Freestyle looks like a jacked up station wagon while vehicles like the Honda Pilot and Mitsubishi Endeavor look more like suvs.  

Raghavan

Quotekids these days. tsk, tsk.
those kids. :rolleyes:
:lol: