Autobild: Lexus LS460 vs Mercedes-Benz S500

Started by cawimmer430, August 10, 2006, 07:40:29 AM

Raza

QuoteHow about a SL? I think it won the recent C&D comparo?
Too goddamn expensive for what it is.  My dad would rather buy a Boxster S, and I support him in that.  He'd get a stick with the Box S, he loves that car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Colonel Cadillac

He has quite a price range there.

A friend of mine's father is debating between the DB9 and the Conti GT, and the other day I tried to set him straight with the DB9--far classier and a better performer, but I am pretty sure he will get the Conti GT. Too bad.  

Raza

QuoteHe has quite a price range there.

A friend of mine's father is debating between the DB9 and the Conti GT, and the other day I tried to set him straight with the DB9--far classier and a better performer, but I am pretty sure he will get the Conti GT. Too bad.
Too bad indeed.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

Too goddamn expensive for what it is.  My dad would rather buy a Boxster S, and I support him in that.  He'd get a stick with the Box S, he loves that car.
So he's just in the market for any type of car? Looking at anything from a Boxster to a XK to a Flying Spur?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

cawimmer430

The SL isn't a sports car. And be glad it's an automatic, especially from Mercedes. Their manuals are still crap, except those in the A and B-Classes.  :praise:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

So he's just in the market for any type of car? Looking at anything from a Boxster to a XK to a Flying Spur?
Pretty much.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

Pretty much.
Lucky him
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

RJM

Horrible dilema in which your father finds himself! ;)

My opinion might change after I drive one, but after spending some time stationary in a couple of Flying Spurs, I can't get past the feeling that its a really expensive Phaeton.  Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but you are paying for a Bentley, not a reskinned VW.