2007 Suburban/Avalanche Pics

Started by GMPenguin, May 06, 2005, 05:41:09 PM

GMPenguin

Please Follow This Link To View The Picture

C&G Spy Shots: 2007 Chevrolet Suburban!

The spy shot season has started for us here at C&G and we're happy to bring you quite possibly one of the biggest launches in the history of General Motors. The 2007 Chevrolet Suburban! Is this vehicle worth shelving Zeta for, or will it be a letdown that GM simply put can't afford to have right now? Step inside to see!

The Suburban which is rumored to go on sale in early January is based on GM's GMT900 program. The program is heavily modified from the current GMT900 chassis that the current Suburban sits on. The 900 program is what General Motors is putting all its efforts into now for an early launch to drive profits and help sinking market share here in the United States. You be the judge and let C&G know what you think of this fully camouflaged Suburban! The Suburban is also rumored to feature standard 7 passenger seating and is being promoted by GM as THE best interior in the truck business.
----------------------------------------

Spy Shots: ?07 Chevy Avalanche
Coming sooner to a truck dealer near you.
by KGP Photography
(2005-05-02)

Using an extremely long lens to penetrate deep within one of GM's test tracks, our spies snapped these first photos of this 2007 Chevy Avalanche (GMT941) prototype. The barbed wire fences and great distances precluded any detailed inspection of the new truck, but it's clear that GM will stick close to the same formula as today's Avalanche. Like the current Avalanche, the prototype clearly displays the same "flying buttress" design aft of the C-pillar, extending down into an integrated tonneau cover. Beneath the camouflage, it looks like GM has avoided any excessive cladding.  The Avalanche pioneered the use of GM's Midgate, and it clearly looks to be employed on this second-generation prototype. Few specific mechanical details are known at this time, but a source familiar with the General's GMT900 truck programs tells us that powertrain engineers have seen significant increases in torque in their next-generation truck engines.

----------------------------------------

Some bits and pieces of the GMT900:
Link

Catman

That Avalance looks really close to the spy pic that was around a few months ago.  I think that one was snapped at a focus group or something.

giant_mtb

Not bad, IMO...it's not all that different, but it still looks nice either way.  

SaleenS7

Saleen S7[/size][/font]

If you're gonna push it, push it HARD!

VetteZ06

QuoteIs bigger still better?
Of course bigger is better! It's a Suburban, for God's sake!  :)  

Colonel Cadillac

I hope the new Avalanche will steal most of the Honda Ridgeline's sales, because the Honda is for pussies! This is a man's truck.

In the end, I really hope these become huge profit machines and turn out to be really great trucks.  

GMPenguin

I think the Suburban grill looks like it will be S3X-ish:

TBR

QuoteI think the Suburban grill looks like it will be S3X-ish:

That is what the Equinox should have looked like, what we actually got looks like it was involved in a taffy pull.

ifcar

QuoteI think the Suburban grill looks like it will be S3X-ish:

That is what the Equinox should have looked like, what we actually got looks like it was involved in a taffy pull.
I think our Equinox came out much better than that. It looks more SUV-ish than the cute-ute S3X, and people have proven to like cars that look as much like SUVs as possible.

Anyway, I doubt the Suburban/Tahoe/Silverado grille will look much like that. It will probably be larger and more rectangular.  

GMPenguin

QuoteAnyway, I doubt the Suburban/Tahoe/Silverado grille will look much like that. It will probably be larger and more rectangular.
I just meant the design elements, the current ones are kind of like pipes and it's just the bar.  This has the outside of the grill connected and the bar is flat.

SaleenS7

I don't really like big honkin' SUV's. Too big and loud and farty.  ;)  :D  
Saleen S7[/size][/font]

If you're gonna push it, push it HARD!

BMWDave

Not bad.  This should steal more of the Ridgelines sales.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Colonel Cadillac

The huge SUV's are kinda fun actually. The sheer size just makes them more appealing to drive sometimes. After awhile I would imagine they just get BIG.  

BMWDave

QuoteThe huge SUV's are kinda fun actually. The sheer size just makes them more appealing to drive sometimes. After awhile I would imagine they just get BIG.
They are fun to drive on a highway, when you are the king of the road.  When you get to city streets, they kind of get hard to maneuver.

2007 Honda S2000

VetteZ06

Oh, sometimes the Tahoe's a bit hard to manuever in tight places, but it never really bothers me.

It's all worth it when I mash the gas and get to hear that wonderful small-block V-8 running to the redline . . .  :P  

Catman

QuoteYukon XL:

Do I spy an envoyesque grille in there? ^_^  

ifcar

QuoteYukon XL:

Do I spy an envoyesque grille in there? ^_^
Wouldn't you expect family resemblance?  :unsure:  

Catman

BMWDave

QuoteFrom GM? <_<
Yea, thats something they havent done yet.  Their products all look like they are from different companies.

2007 Honda S2000

GMPenguin

QuoteFrom GM? <_<
Yea, thats something they havent done yet.  Their products all look like they are from different companies.
:angry:  :P  

BMWDave

QuoteFrom GM? <_<
Seriously....I mean look at this

2007 Honda S2000

GMPenguin

QuoteFrom GM? <_<
Seriously....I mean look at this

Oh, I thought you meant GM, not the specific companies. ;-)

BMWDave

I was talking about GM cars, not GMC trucks.    

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteThe huge SUV's are kinda fun actually. The sheer size just makes them more appealing to drive sometimes. After awhile I would imagine they just get BIG.
It varies from person to person, some people wouldn't give up that king of the road feeling for the world, but others do get tired of it mighty quick.

thewizard16

The fun doesn't last. As of last year, I'm rid of all of them, but in the past 7 years, I've been through 4 suburbans, owning as many as 3 at the same time. It's nice to have a ton of space in the interior, it's comforting to know that about the only thing that would take you out in a wreck is a semi, but as far as the driving feeling, and trying to drive them in small streets and park them in normal sized places, you tire of the space which you discover you really didn't need in the first place rather quickly.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.