***BMW & Mercedes-Benz Junkyard***

Started by cawimmer430, August 19, 2006, 06:22:47 AM

cawimmer430

Some pictures of the local BMW and Mercedes junkyard with some "new additions".

-Ford Taunus
-Mercedes 380SE (W126)
-Mercedes 290GD Diesel

This is the last time I am going there since that fat guy (the owner of the lot) in one of the pics got pissed at me for always taking pictures (even though I asked) of his junkyard. He couldn't see the MB passion in my eyes: prick. :praise:

BMW & Mercedes-Benz Junkyard

A Mercedes-Benz 190D Heckflosse "Fintail" in working condition. The owner of the car was pretty nice and said he was looking for spare parts for his classic. The round headlights and hood indicators indicate that this is a W110 type "D I" class Fintail. The engine was actually around 2-liters (not 1.9) and produced 55-horsepower. 0-100 km/h took 28.2 seconds and the car had a top speed of 133 km/h.

One of the mechanics said this was a 240GD diesel G-Class. That's right, the 2.4-l 4-cylinder diesel from the W123 240D with 65-horsepower moving a G-Class along! The odometer had over 700,000 km (437,500 miles) on it!

BMW 1602 and Mercedes W111 Type "I" Fintail. I just want to cry when I see the condition of this Fintail.

Waaaaah! A W126 380SE built from early 1980 to late 1985. A 3818cc V8 with around 218-hp powered this car. If I recall correctly, they built around 58,000+ of the 380SE while the longer SEL version sold around 27,000+ times. Check out the spider webs on the rims...

European Ford Taunus

A W108 280SE in salvageable condition...

The highlight of the visit: a genuine 450SEL 6.9 in perfect condition! The red license plate indicate that this car is being either transfered somewhere or being readied up. The only thing not stock on the car are the rims of the W126 S / W124 E-Class. After I took these pics, the fat lot-owner came over and started getting pissed off at me. Bastard... :rage:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SVT_Power

Damn a 6.9 in perfect condition. The rear plate doesn't look like its in perfect condition :P
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

cawimmer430

QuoteDamn a 6.9 in perfect condition. The rear plate doesn't look like its in perfect condition :P
That's a temporary license plate, probably borrowed from a local car dealer. And he should have screwed it in properly at the back.  :P  

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

cawimmer430

QuoteAnyway how much is it worth?
Good condition model like that? Euros 20,000 at the most maybe. They're quite cheap.

Mirbach 450SEL 6.9

God I love the W116. The hottest S-Class ever.  :rockon:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Fire It Up

I want a Mercedes sedan as my daily grind. Unfortunately they have the fuel efficiency of tanks, so its not going to be my first daily grind.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raza

QuoteI want a Mercedes sedan as my daily grind. Unfortunately they have the fuel efficiency of tanks, so its not going to be my first daily grind.
D to the I to the E to the S to the E to the L.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

QuoteI want a Mercedes sedan as my daily grind. Unfortunately they have the fuel efficiency of tanks, so its not going to be my first daily grind.
D to the I to the E to the S to the E to the L.
S to the L to the O to the W.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

pommes-t

Nice photos. Do you know some evil looking guys who might scare that fat guy so that he shits his pants and starts to be nice to you?  :D  

cawimmer430

Not all of them are thirsty.

The pre-1975 models were all pretty thirsty (as was almost every other similar sized car on the road back then), but there were some exceptions. I mentioned the fuel efficient models in ().

1967-1976 W114 / W115 (200D, 220D, 240D, 300D, 200, 230.4)

1976-1985 W123 (200D, 220D, 240D, 300D, 300D Turbodiesel, 200, 230E)

1982-1993 W201 (190-series) (1.8, 2.0, 2.3, 2.0D, 2.5D)

Just get any one of those if you want a fuel-efficient classic Mercedes.  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

sportyaccordy

When my family goes to Ghana we always get W123 diesels to drive in. They can carry 5 adults and their stuff and they're pretty reliable. The last one we had was banana yellow with old school AMG rims!

I took a picture a long time ago of a 450SEL 6.3, but I couldn't get the pictures from my phone to my computer. It was sky blue-gray in excellent condition. I also saw a 380SEC (not the W124 style, more like the W123)...beautiful! MB had some nice coupes in the old days.

cawimmer430

QuoteWhen my family goes to Ghana we always get W123 diesels to drive in. They can carry 5 adults and their stuff and they're pretty reliable. The last one we had was banana yellow with old school AMG rims!

I took a picture a long time ago of a 450SEL 6.3, but I couldn't get the pictures from my phone to my computer. It was sky blue-gray in excellent condition. I also saw a 380SEC (not the W124 style, more like the W123)...beautiful! MB had some nice coupes in the old days.
Welcome to Carspin Maximaseeyoulater!  :lol:

I love the W123. When I think MB, I think of that car, not the Gullwing or 500K, no, the W123.  :praise:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de