"Yet significantly less than our 298hp!"
--Infiniti on the 6-speed G35.

"Consider the bench, marked..."
--BMW on the new 330i.

"Consider the mark, benched!"
--Infiniti on the 6-speed G35...

giant_mtb

TBR

Lol, that's funny. But, even though I am a big fan of the G35 I am willing to admit that it hasn't beaten BMW at its own game. Before Infiniti can truthfully make that claim they need to work on refinement.  

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

QuoteLol, that's funny. But, even though I am a big fan of the G35 I am willing to admit that it hasn't beaten BMW at its own game. Before Infiniti can truthfully make that claim they need to work on refinement.
I don't agree with it either, but it makes for a great read.  :lol:  

Raghavan

Quotethat's great!
Infiniti... :rolleyes:
i'm not agreeing with it, it's just funny! :P  

BMWDave

QuoteLol, that's funny. But, even though I am a big fan of the G35 I am willing to admit that it hasn't beaten BMW at its own game. Before Infiniti can truthfully make that claim they need to work on refinement.
:lol: Pretty much.  The 3er is a better car than the G35, as its not all about hp, but its a funny read, definitely.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

:lol: Pretty much.  The 3er is a better car than the G35, as its not all about hp, but its a funny read, definitely.
I agree, the 330i is the better car, but I don't think it is 10k better.  

BMWDave

I agree, the 330i is the better car, but I don't think it is 10k better.
Well, taking in factors, such as the prestige of the BMW brand over infiniti, and brand bias, and you find yourself with a lot of people willing to fork over that extra cash.

2007 Honda S2000

850CSi

I really have a feeling they shouldn't be talking when the E46 is STILL outselling the G35.

And why the hell does the G35 weigh as much as a 5-Series?

Also, I never knew it had such miserable fuel economy.

BMWDave

QuoteI really have a feeling they shouldn't be talking when the E46 is STILL outselling the G35.

Because it seems like BMW is a lot more concerned than Infiniti about providing the things that really make a good sports car, and Infiniti has to realize that its not all about hp.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteI really have a feeling they shouldn't be talking when the E46 is STILL outselling the G35.

Because it seems like BMW is a lot more concerned than Infiniti about providing the things that really make a good sports car, and Infiniti has to realize that its not all about hp.
Of course Infiniti realizes that there's more to a sport sedan the power. Doesn't mean that they shouldn't advertise their power advantage.  

BMWDave

Of course Infiniti realizes that there's more to a sport sedan the power. Doesn't mean that they shouldn't advertise their power advantage.
Well, to say the mark is benched because they have a hp advantage just furthers the perception that Infiniti is most concerned with hp.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Well, to say the mark is benched because they have a hp advantage just furthers the perception that Infiniti is most concerned with hp.
It's just for fun, a way for them to advertise being better than BMW. Lighten up.

BMWDave

It's just for fun, a way for them to advertise being better than BMW. Lighten up.
:lol: All right, its not like I'm darkened.  Theres no need for me to lighten up.  I do admit though that it is a good way to humorously poke fun, but just keep in mind there is little reason behind the arguments.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

:lol: All right, its not like I'm darkened.  Theres no need for me to lighten up.  I do admit though that it is a good way to humorously poke fun, but just keep in mind there is little reason behind the arguments.
Like there ever is in advertising?  :rolleyes:  

BMWDave

Like there ever is in advertising?  :rolleyes:
I understand what you are saying.  And for the most part I agree with you.  Not ALL advertisements are useless though.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Quotethat's great!
i'm not agreeing with it, it's just funny! :P
I know...I'm just still used to C&D posting setup...didn't mean to quote you.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

I have said this on C&D, but just so everyone knows...

Inifiniti will in fact overshadow BMW by 2010. It is inevitable, and it is to be expected.

Raza

What 10K difference?  The new 330i can be had well equipped for 41K, and a comparably equipped G35 coupe is around 36/37.  And 4-5K, the BMW's resale advantage evens out lease payments, and since so many cars are leased, the 330i is essentially the same price as the G35.  Just like the Lincoln Town Car is essentially the same price as a Mercedes S class or BMW 7er.  

Don't get me wrong, I love the G35, but still...

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

R33 GT-R

I could never lease a vehicle, I drive roughly 35k mileas a year.  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Raghavan

Dave needs to work on lightening up. :lol:  

Raza

QuoteI could never lease a vehicle, I drive roughly 35k mileas a year.
True--though I never said leasing is the best choice for all people.  But it is a good choice for people who drive 15K miles a year or less and want to get into a new car every 3-5 years.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

mazda6er

Raise your hand if you knew Infiniti could be witty/humorous. *silence*
Yeah, that's what I thought.
As a side note, if you pay attention to Nissan/Infinti commercials etc., the focus is 9 times out of 10 on horsepower. They do have some great engines though.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

QuoteWhat 10K difference?  The new 330i can be had well equipped for 41K, and a comparably equipped G35 coupe is around 36/37.  And 4-5K, the BMW's resale advantage evens out lease payments, and since so many cars are leased, the 330i is essentially the same price as the G35.  Just like the Lincoln Town Car is essentially the same price as a Mercedes S class or BMW 7er.  

Don't get me wrong, I love the G35, but still...

First, you are comparing apples to oranges. BMW coupes are typically more expensive than their sedans and it is the same case with Infiniti. Comparably equipped there is about a 10k msrp price difference. If you want to look up all the numbers and prove me wrong you are more than welcome to. And, the G35 has almost as good resale value as the E46 so I really doubt its pricing advantage is eliminated if you lease.  

R33 GT-R

True--though I never said leasing is the best choice for all people.  But it is a good choice for people who drive 15K miles a year or less and want to get into a new car every 3-5 years.
I wish I didn't drive as much, it would be alot easier to just lease and flip.  

Raghavan

how long is your daily commute?

R33 GT-R

Since I moved, I'm roughly 90 miles from my office when before it was 55.  I ride my motorcycle alot but I only go in 3 days or less a week.

ifcar

Since I moved, I'm roughly 90 miles from my office when before it was 55.  I ride my motorcycle alot but I only go in 3 days or less a week.
You could always buy a cheap commuter car for those three days a week, and then lease nice cars for the other four.