"This truck could be more politically incorrect only if it ran on whale oil"

Started by Morris Minor, September 02, 2006, 03:58:03 PM

Morris Minor

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

nickdrinkwater

MX793

Is it just me, or is the whole concept of a "muscle truck" kind of pointless, especially when the muscle comes at the expense of truckliness?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on September 03, 2006, 10:26:51 AM
Is it just me, or is the whole concept of a "muscle truck" kind of pointless, especially when the muscle comes at the expense of truckliness?

It's not just you, I can assure you of that.  But I think we're outnumbered.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Quote from: Raza on September 03, 2006, 10:39:47 AM
It's not just you, I can assure you of that.  But I think we're outnumbered.

You're not outnumbered, but you're in the Prius camp.

omicron

thewizard16

Quote from: Raza on September 03, 2006, 10:39:47 AM
It's not just you, I can assure you of that. But I think we're outnumbered.
I'm on board too. I think "muscle trucks" are not only pointless, but stupid. However, the people that love them refuse to see any logic.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

SaltyDog

I'm all for badass trucks, but this one is in the same league as Escalades and such. 

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Morris Minor

I think they are good for only one thing: pissing off the tree huggers. For that reason alone, they are worthwhile. :tounge:
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

gasoline

Only the NYT would wonder whether or not a car was "politically incorrect" or not.
-----------------------------------

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

S204STi

Ezra Dyer is great, I recall reading some of his stuff in Automobile a while ago.

Laconian

Think of the low MPG as an idiot tax.

There are better, cheaper ways to piss off environmentalists, fellas.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

Quote from: R-inge on September 05, 2006, 08:14:19 PM
Ezra Dyer is great, I recall reading some of his stuff in Automobile a while ago.

I smelled Jeremy Clarkson before I saw the author's name in the article. They seem to employ similar writing styles / humorous devices.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Raza

Quote from: M_power on September 05, 2006, 05:00:22 PM
Can you use the bed of the regular 2 door SRT-10?

There's a spoiler welded on to the end of the bed.  So, you either have to slide something under it, or lift it over it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: Laconian on September 05, 2006, 09:49:37 PM
I smelled Jeremy Clarkson before I saw the author's name in the article. They seem to employ similar writing styles / humorous devices.

Ezra Dyer is my chief rival. 

In my eyes, anyway.  I don't know if he knows who I am.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza on September 06, 2006, 01:39:51 PM
There's a spoiler welded on to the end of the bed.? So, you either have to slide something under it, or lift it over it.

So the bed actually is still accessible?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quote from: M_power on September 06, 2006, 05:02:13 PM
So the bed actually is still accessible?

Technically yes.  But to load something large, like an armoire, you have to go over the height of the tailgate.  For large items, you might as well leave the tailgate closed.  And, to get into the bed, you either have to hop over the sides or the spoiler, or slide yourself under it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

280Z Turbo

Trucks can be really fast.

Diesel pickups can be running 10s in the quarter with reletively few mods. Little Datsuns, Rangers, S10s and Toyotas can be awsome with a V8 swap. There was an old Volkswagen Rabit pickup at my last autocross that placed 2nd in Street Modified 2 class behind an RX-7 and in front of a 500 hp 1984 300ZX.

But...those exampes are purpose-built machines. Not compromised look-at-me-mobiles.

S204STi

Quote from: Raza on September 06, 2006, 07:06:35 PM
Technically yes.  But to load something large, like an armoire, you have to go over the height of the tailgate.  For large items, you might as well leave the tailgate closed.  And, to get into the bed, you either have to hop over the sides or the spoiler, or slide yourself under it.

Or remove the spoiler and leave it in the garage before going to pick up whatever bulky item you want.  It is removeable. =)

sandertheshark

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 04, 2006, 09:49:43 AM
I think they are good for only one thing: pissing off the tree huggers. For that reason alone, they are worthwhile. :tounge:
What he said.  Anything that annoys hippies is wicked cool.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on September 09, 2006, 03:09:32 PM
Or remove the spoiler and leave it in the garage before going to pick up whatever bulky item you want.  It is removeable. =)

Didn't know that.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i