Which one would you pick?

Started by BMWDave, May 28, 2005, 11:09:07 PM

BMWDave

or:

Which would you pick and why?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

850CSi

The Audi's better-looking in and out; The Bimmer's RWD, smaller, and lighter.

Gimme the Bimmer.

giant_mtb

The Audi's a little better looking on the outside (a bit more "normal" compared to the Bimmer) but the interior of the BMW is deffinitely a big advantage over the Audi.  

So basing my opinion on looks and interior, I'd probably choose the BMW because I'd probably spend more time inside the car where it shines in beauty compared to the Audi.

Raghavan

BMW cos it's lighter, RWD, betterlooking, better interior, smaller, and basically everything else.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

BMWDave

I happen to like the Bimmer interior and exterior more, (more aggressive), and the fact that its lighter and has RWD signs the deal.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Unless the BMW is much more expensive (always possible) I'd take it over the A3. Minus iDrive.

BMWDave

Bimmer starts a 15,995 pounds, and the Audi starts at 16,015 pounds.  Both are for the lowest end models.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteBimmer starts a 15,995 pounds, and the Audi starts at 16,015 pounds.  Both are for the lowest end models.
If the Audi remains more expensive in the US, then that adds another reason to chose the BMW.

A BMW with a price advantage, that's a new one.  :praise:  

BMWDave

QuoteBimmer starts a 15,995 pounds, and the Audi starts at 16,015 pounds.  Both are for the lowest end models.
If the Audi remains more expensive in the US, then that adds another reason to chose the BMW.

It sure is :rockon:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

What, is this based on looks alone?  Are we talking about the 130i or 120i?  A3 3.2?  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

R33 GT-R

Bimmer, I like the exterior lines more than the Audi.  Interior is close but the Bimmer has the edge for me.  Since we're not drifting these vehicles AWD or RWD doesn't matter.  I live down south and we see snow once every 8 years so no need for the AWD.  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Raghavan

QuoteBimmer starts a 15,995 pounds, and the Audi starts at 16,015 pounds.  Both are for the lowest end models.

:lol:  :lol:  

TBR

I prefer the A3 cosmetically, but the mechanicals of the BMW are better so the 1-series is my choice. However, I probably wouldn't buy either of these cars.

BMWDave

QuoteI prefer the A3 cosmetically, but the mechanicals of the BMW are better so the 1-series is my choice. However, I probably wouldn't buy either of these cars.
Why not?  Do you have something against a hatch in general?

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteI prefer the A3 cosmetically, but the mechanicals of the BMW are better so the 1-series is my choice. However, I probably wouldn't buy either of these cars.
maybe it just doesn't float his boat.  

Lebowski

I'd take the Audi.  My only peeve w/ the A3 is FWD standard, while adding AWD would add to the cost.  I'd prefer RWD to either, but I don't think that is enough to convince me to take the Bimmer over the A3 (I think the A3 outdoes it in other areas, looks and interior being among them).

TBR

No, I am actually a big hatch fan, I just don't care for how either one of these cars looks. The rears aren't very well done compared to the likes of the previous gen SAAB 9-3.  

Raghavan

No, I am actually a big hatch fan, I just don't care for how either one of these cars looks. The rears aren't very well done compared to the likes of the previous gen SAAB 9-3.
will the Sportcombi be competing with these two?