new audi a-3

Started by jimboo, May 29, 2005, 09:24:05 AM

jimboo

:( Why does it always have to be a mini-wagon? How about a nice small hi-performance 2-door hatch?

Raghavan

unfortunately, it's not sold here as a 3-door hatch. only a 5-door.

BMWDave

The BMW 1 Series is going to come in a Sedan, although I'm not sure if the Audi A3 will.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

QuoteThe BMW 1 Series is going to come in a Sedan, although I'm not sure if the Audi A3 will.
there's a 1-series sedan? never heard of one.

BMWDave

QuoteThe BMW 1 Series is going to come in a Sedan, although I'm not sure if the Audi A3 will.
It will be coming out soon.  It may be called the 2 series, although perhaps BMW is dropping that number designation.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

It will be coming out soon.  It may be called the 2 series, although perhaps BMW is dropping that number designation.
the sedan should be the 1 series, like 130i, and then hatch should be a 130ix or something like that. don't have too many different number notations.

BMWDave

the sedan should be the 1 series, like 130i, and then hatch should be a 130ix or something like that. don't have too many different number notations.
xi denotes an AWD model with X-Drive.  It doesnt denote a hatch.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

that's why i said ix. ;)  

BMWDave

that's why i said ix. ;)
Could you explain the reasoning behind that?

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

that's why i said ix. ;)
Could you explain the reasoning behind that?
cos xi was taken by AWD, so i just thought it sounded good. no reason really.

TBR

Speaking of 1-series variants, has a coupe version been confirmed yet?  

BMWDave

QuoteSpeaking of 1-series variants, has a coupe version been confirmed yet?
I'm not sure if it was confirmed, but I'm pretty sure we will be seeing a 1 series coupe.  A 1 series sedan has already been spied.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

I'm not sure if it was confirmed, but I'm pretty sure we will be seeing a 1 series coupe.  A 1 series sedan has already been spied.
pics?

BMWDave

pics?
I will dig them up for you.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

pics?
Link with Pictures

Keep in mind that these are computer retouched, and the final version may look a lot different.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Well, the coupe doesn't look nearly as good as I had hoped. Early renderings showed it would have the pretty much the same porportions as the E30 3-series but that is clearly not the case with these spy shots.  

BMWDave

QuoteWell, the coupe doesn't look nearly as good as I had hoped. Early renderings showed it would have the pretty much the same porportions as the E30 3-series but that is clearly not the case with these spy shots.
These are old, and things might have changed.  I'll wait to see it in more recent spy shots.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteWell, the coupe doesn't look nearly as good as I had hoped. Early renderings showed it would have the pretty much the same porportions as the E30 3-series but that is clearly not the case with these spy shots.
These are old, and things might have changed.  I'll wait to see it in more recent spy shots.
Things would have to change a whole lot for this car to look like I had hoped it would. It has the same porportions as the E36 318ti, which definitely isn't a good thing considering how well that car did here in the USA.

BMWDave

Things would have to change a whole lot for this car to look like I had hoped it would. It has the same porportions as the E36 318ti, which definitely isn't a good thing considering how well that car did here in the USA.
Only time will tell I guess.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

pics?
Link with Pictures

Keep in mind that these are computer retouched, and the final version may look a lot different.
Thanks! the sedan looks nice, but it's rear seat will probably be useless...

850CSi

Prediction: The 1-Series coupe is going to end up looking a lot like a Scion tC.

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Quotehopefully not!
the tC doesn't look bad you know...

BMWDave

Quotehopefully not!
Its not what a Bimmer should look like.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Quotehopefully not!
matter of preference.

BMWDave

Quotehopefully not!
matter of preference.
surely not...Bimmers are supposed to be taut and muscular, not fat and droopy.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Quotehopefully not!
matter of preference.
well, from the front, it looks like a pug, but it doesn't look fat or droopy from the back...

BMWDave

Quotehopefully not!
matter of preference.
well, from the front, it looks like a pug, but it doesn't look fat or droopy from the back...
it does

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

850CSi

Quotehopefully not!
I said that, bearing in mind that the tC itself looks a lot like a BMW. There's even the Hoffmeister kink.

I was talking about the general form and how they'll probably end up making the rear (But more BMW-ish).