This Mercedes is the Sex.

Started by Jawad, September 10, 2006, 09:10:03 PM

Jawad

850CSi

Jawad

SVT_Power

So these guys sell classic cars with modern technology on board? Good idea :rockon:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

cawimmer430

Yep, they were featured in one of my Mercedes Enthusiast magazines. Good stuff, thanks for posting.  :rockon:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Submariner

Screw that.  I'll take my 300SL origional and fully restored.  If I'm going to buy a classic car, i'm going to buy a classic car.  :praise:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

nickdrinkwater

Nice car!

Guess the main advantage would be reliability.

850CSi

No, like, seriously... That 300SL is one of the most beautiful cars ever built.

Atomic

Quote from: 850CSi on September 11, 2006, 08:14:05 AM
No, like, seriously... That 300SL is one of the most beautiful cars ever built.

you bet!

Raza

Quote from: Submariner on September 11, 2006, 04:37:00 AM
Screw that.  I'll take my 300SL origional and fully restored.  If I'm going to buy a classic car, i'm going to buy a classic car.  :praise:

So, customizing a new car is okay, but an old one is off limits?  As much as I dislike the way cars are nowadays, there's a lot of technology that makes older car worth updating.  You keep the looks, you keep the lightness, but what you get in return is modern perfomance, modern gas mileage, modern reliability, and modern brakes (drum brakes are a joke compared to even bad discs).  Yes, I admit, I'd feel a little guilty, but the overwhelming satisfaction would probably outweigh it.  As long as it has a stick.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Champ

Classic cars are cool and all, but if the classic car cruise taught me anything last weekend, it's that cars should have drum brakes, nicer suspension and better tires.

Sure that old Road Runner looks cool with that kick ass rear wing, but imagine what that car would be like if it had better brakes, suspension, and tires.

Champ

And I like how they just have some steelie rims on it and it still looks badass

pommes-t

well, it indeed makes me horny! And I would prefer it  the majority of the women on this planet...

SaltyDog

Quote from: Champ on September 11, 2006, 11:37:03 AM
And I like how they just have some steelie rims on it and it still looks badass

that's what I was thinking.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Submariner

Quote from: Raza on September 11, 2006, 08:47:57 AM
So, customizing a new car is okay, but an old one is off limits?  As much as I dislike the way cars are nowadays, there's a lot of technology that makes older car worth updating.  You keep the looks, you keep the lightness, but what you get in return is modern perfomance, modern gas mileage, modern reliability, and modern brakes (drum brakes are a joke compared to even bad discs).  Yes, I admit, I'd feel a little guilty, but the overwhelming satisfaction would probably outweigh it.  As long as it has a stick.

Okay...So I was a bit over zealous when I made that statement.  I was thinking they were going it load it with SAT NAV, heated and cooled seats, 14 TV's, ect.  However, now having gone back and actually throughly read the post, I've seen what it's all about.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Raza

I wonder where the American companies are that do this?  I wouldn't mind getting a Triumph done up with some good modern work on the interior.

I remember seeing an XKE with XK8 running gear under the skin at auction that run around 40 grand, I think. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

Quote from: Raza on September 11, 2006, 02:36:15 PM
I wonder where the American companies are that do this? I wouldn't mind getting a Triumph done up with some good modern work on the interior.

I remember seeing an XKE with XK8 running gear under the skin at auction that run around 40 grand, I think.

Top gear tested an XKE with modern mechanicals around their track.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

Quote from: BMWDave on September 15, 2006, 10:52:44 AM
Top gear tested an XKE with modern mechanicals around their track.

I believe that was a modernized E Type.  I'm talking about an XKE that was identical to an XK8 under the skin.  The Top Gear E Type was still mostly E Type, wasn't it?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

I forgot to mention this but I see a quite large downside to this. Only a handful of some of these kinds of cars exist in the world and I think keeping them original is more valuable.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna