BMW 3 Series Sport Spy Photos

Started by BMWDave, May 29, 2005, 04:16:29 PM

BMWDave

Link

The new BMW 3 Series E90 sports kit will become available shortly after it is shown at either Paris or Frankfurt later this year. Following E46 sport tradition, the window trim will come only in black and not silver color.  The front bumper will only slightly change from the current E90 3 Series.  The central vent will retain a similar shape but will be larger and deeper than the stock version.  Side vents are also larger with a small lip on either side under the vents with the side skirt being more sculpted.  The rear bumper will sport one dual exhaust.  A small spoiler like that on the 5 Series Sport will also appear on the trunk.  A lower suspension with a firmer ride will come standard as will 18 inch wheels.  Prices are expected to be $3000 - $4000 more than the base equivalent model with no sport kit.  The sport kit will be available for both the sedan and touring, with a sport version eventually appearing on the 3 Series coupe as well.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

nice! front bumper makes it look nice and aggressive.

BMWDave

Quotenice! front bumper makes it look nice and aggressive.
There are new wheels too.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

BMWDave

Quote$3000 more?!?
The kit not only includes enhancements, but it bumps up hp significantly.  The old Kit bumped the hp up from 225 to 235.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Quotenice! front bumper makes it look nice and aggressive.
There are new wheels too.
sweet! :praise:  

ifcar

Quote$3000 more?!?
The kit not only includes enhancements, but it bumps up hp significantly.  The old Kit bumped the hp up from 225 to 235.
10 HP isn't really significant, especially for $3,000.

I do like the new look though.  B)  

BMWDave

Quote$3000 more?!?

It does look a lot more aggressive and all.  But youre not only paying for 10hp...youre paying for lots of enhancements.  And in BMWs, 10 extra hp feels like a lot more.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Quote$3000 more?!?

It does look a lot more aggressive and all.  But youre not only paying for 10hp...youre paying for lots of enhancements.  And in BMWs, 10 extra hp feels like a lot more.
and remember, this package is much better than the A-Spec package on Acuras. They dont' even touch the motor in those cars.

BMWDave

Quote$3000 more?!?

and remember, this package is much better than the A-Spec package on Acuras. They dont' even touch the motor in those cars.
True.  A Spec is all about cosmetic changes, and the package on the RL costs 6K if I am not mistaken.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Sorry, but I think you would have to be insane to spend $3000 for a factory package when you could take it to a place like Dinan and get more work done for the same price (and with Dinan you would still have the factory warranty). Oh yeah, I never said the A-spec packages were good deals either.  

BMWDave

QuoteSorry, but I think you would have to be insane to spend $3000 for a factory package when you could take it to a place like Dinan and get more work done for the same price (and with Dinan you would still have the factory warranty). Oh yeah, I never said the A-spec packages were good deals either.
Really?  I know that most tuners void the warranty.  How much would you pay for Dinan enhancements?

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteSorry, but I think you would have to be insane to spend $3000 for a factory package when you could take it to a place like Dinan and get more work done for the same price (and with Dinan you would still have the factory warranty). Oh yeah, I never said the A-spec packages were good deals either.
Really?  I know that most tuners void the warranty.  How much would you pay for Dinan enhancements?
Dinan doesn't void warranties. it's like how Saleen doesnt' void Ford warranties.

Raghavan

Quote$3000 more?!?

True.  A Spec is all about cosmetic changes, and the package on the RL costs 6K if I am not mistaken.
i think they do some suspension tuning too.

TBR

All of Dinan's stuff is factory approved. I can't give you exact numbers but I do recall that their stuff is pretty reasonable. Plus it allows you to pick and choose so you aren't stuck paying for all of the body work if you don't actually want it.  

SJ_GTI

I don't think Dinan has anything ready for E90's yet anyway.

TBR

QuoteI don't think Dinan has anything ready for E90's yet anyway.
No, but they probably will by the time this sport package is available.