Should GM bring this over?

Started by BMWDave, May 29, 2005, 05:19:41 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

I think a lifted station wagon type vehicle is a good idea, but the pictured vehicle is too generic.  

ifcar

That's Australian, right?

BTW, I believe that's a design nearing the end of its current life cycle, so if the US was to get it, it would be the next-gen version.

BMWDave

QuoteThat's Australian, right?

BTW, I believe that's a design nearing the end of its current life cycle, so if the US was to get it, it would be the next-gen version.
Its a VZ Holden Adventra All Road Wagon .

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

It is. Also, why would GM want to have a vehicle to compete against a vehicle that belongs to a brand that they partially own?

BMWDave

It is very vanilla looking, but if they make the next model nicer, I'm sure it would do well in the states.  Gm doesnt really have many station wagons.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

nah. holden should bring over the Senator though. :praise:  

BMWDave

The Senator is pretty bland too.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

It is. Also, why would GM want to have a vehicle to compete against a vehicle that belongs to a brand that they partially own?
Subaru's following is loyal enough that they'd probably bring in some additional customers from it.  

Raghavan

The Senator is pretty bland too.
go to hsv.com.au and click on the senator. that was a last gen. this gen looks much better.

Catman

Yeah, too brand X for most.  I think wagons are the way to go for most families.

Raghavan

QuoteYeah, too brand X for most.  I think wagons are the way to go for most families.
except they all want gas-guzzling SUV's. :rolleyes:  :(  :angry:  rokon.gif  <_<  

Catman

QuoteYeah, too brand X for most.? I think wagons are the way to go for most families.
except they all want gas-guzzling SUV's. :rolleyes:  :(  :angry:  rokon.gif  <_<
Like me! :rockon:   Actually, I'm gald I had my truck the last couple of weeks cause I was rolling all the jumps and berms at the BMX track! B)  Plus carrying all the bikes and equipment today.

Raghavan

QuoteYeah, too brand X for most.  I think wagons are the way to go for most families.
Like me! :rockon:   Actually, I'm gald I had my truck the last couple of weeks cause I was rolling all the jumps and berms at the BMX track! B)
if you're gonna use it, it's fine, but i see many people in SUV's with only 1 person in them.

Catman

QuoteYeah, too brand X for most.? I think wagons are the way to go for most families.
Like me! :rockon:   Actually, I'm gald I had my truck the last couple of weeks cause I was rolling all the jumps and berms at the BMX track! B)
if you're gonna use it, it's fine, but i see many people in SUV's with only 1 person in them.
I kind of agree.  I know a guy at work who bought his wife a Suburban.  She drives around with the baby in the back.  Talk about a waste of sheetmetal. :o  

giant_mtb

It looks like a mix of the Taurus Wagon and the Outback...with a little Forester boxiness in the mix...

Run Away

I absolutely LOVE all the Australia-only cars. The whole Holden line I think looks very very classy (I don't see "bland" at all) and they have the performance to back it up.

Anyone remember the Cadillac Catera? The 2001+ model with the Sport package actually was a great handler, just lacked power from it's little V6 (it also had too much weight to pull). That's the same car as all the one listed above, basically. Someday I'd like to drop in a LS2 in one and have an M5 killer (anyone remember the C&D comparo with the HSV coupe with an LS6 versus the last gen M5? It lost to the M5, but only by 1 point).

I'd also like Ford to bring over the Falcon and it's great turbo 6 cyl.

BMWDave

QuoteI absolutely LOVE all the Australia-only cars. The whole Holden line I think looks very very classy (I don't see "bland" at all) and they have the performance to back it up.

Anyone remember the Cadillac Catera? The 2001+ model with the Sport package actually was a great handler, just lacked power from it's little V6 (it also had too much weight to pull). That's the same car as all the one listed above, basically. Someday I'd like to drop in a LS2 in one and have an M5 killer (anyone remember the C&D comparo with the HSV coupe with an LS6 versus the last gen M5? It lost to the M5, but only by 1 point).

The Falcon and its engine are an amazing car!  Very classy and good looking.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteI absolutely LOVE all the Australia-only cars. The whole Holden line I think looks very very classy (I don't see "bland" at all) and they have the performance to back it up.

you don't think the goat is bland?