***New Car: 2007 Camry SE-V6***

Started by TheIntrepid, September 21, 2006, 12:26:48 PM

TheIntrepid

Well it's a company lease... probably won't have it longer than a year.

2007 Camry SE-V6
-Leather
-Navigation System
-Sunroof
-Power Driver's Seat

M_power I'm going to be in North York this weekend...keep your eye out for this car plated AZFT652 :)

that's about it. we didn't get the dual-climate control or the heated seats.

one of the nav screen

What do you guys think?

Shit, my Intrepid puts out 267hp but this thing is hundreds of pounds lighter and has 1 more hp, feels like a f***ing rocket!

edit: sry for shitty camera phone pics... will get hi-res upon request ;) doubt it because it's a Camry:)

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SJ_GTI

That's a pretty nice company car to have. Company cars here are usually either Grand Prixs or Impalas. And I don't mean the GXP or SS version (respectively)...usually the base versions with no options.

Car Zeus

Not bad at all.

Just ignore the Camry "lovers" on this board.

They know not what they say.

:devil: :praise:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Car Zeus on September 21, 2006, 12:28:55 PM
Not bad at all.

Just ignore the Camry "lovers" on this board.

They know not what they say.

:devil: :praise:

WHAT A POS.  :devil:

Just kidding.  :lol:

Congrats Touareg.  :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Car Zeus

Gosh Wimmer, not everyone drives a Mercedes as their company vehicle.

:lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Car Zeus on September 21, 2006, 12:55:13 PM
Gosh Wimmer, not everyone drives a Mercedes as their company vehicle.

:lol:

We drive it as a FAMILY vehicle.  :lol:

Hey CZ, stay tuned on Carspin. In about an hour, I'll have a thread which you will love. Lot's of...uh...GERMAN CHICKS in it.  :rockon:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Car Zeus

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

Quote from: SJ_GTI on September 21, 2006, 12:28:54 PM
That's a pretty nice company car to have. Company cars here are usually either Grand Prixs or Impalas. And I don't mean the GXP or SS version (respectively)...usually the base versions with no options.

You're right. My dad's 4-year lease company car is a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. It does have options but it's still a Caravan. The only reason we got this is because his company is doing well and he got a promotion, which came with a "spouse vehicle" thing.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 21, 2006, 01:01:14 PM
We drive it as a FAMILY vehicle.? :lol:

Hey CZ, stay tuned on Carspin. In about an hour, I'll have a thread which you will love. Lot's of...uh...GERMAN CHICKS in it.? :rockon:

Wimmer, what section is this thread goint to be in?  :mask:

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT_Power

Not that many new Camry's around so I'll be looking :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Wanna let me drive it for a few minutes? :devil: :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

thewizard16

The SE Camry looks decent. Nice car.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Catman

Toyota did a nice job on the ground effects.  Looks good. :thumbsup:

JYODER240

Well you can't argue when your employer is picking up the tab, but if it drives anything like an ES350 don't expect to it to the most exciting or involving drive.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

thewizard16

Quote from: JYoDeR240 on September 21, 2006, 09:36:30 PM
Well you can't argue when your employer is picking up the tab, but if it drives anything like an ES350 don't expect to it to the most exciting or involving drive.
I believe the SE is a bit better than that.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

TheIntrepid

Yes the SE has the sport-tuned suspension with a 'stiffer' ride...18" wheels (mine has BBS ones) and the dual-exhaust.

edit: I think the LE and XLE V6's have the dual exhaust too.

JYODER240

more grip due to a stiffer suspension doesn't mean its a more involving drive ;)
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

AKL

Wow, very nice for a company car.
Navigation to!?

I usually see Impala's and Sebrings as company cars.

My friend has only got a Taurus, Impala('s), and currently a Sebring (which may I add is a POS. I hate sitting in the back of the Sebring. We hit a ditch the other day, and now I have a bruise on my head. HEADROOM is horrible!)
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

SVT_Power

Quote from: AKL on September 22, 2006, 09:27:11 PM
Wow, very nice for a company car.
Navigation to!?

I usually see Impala's and Sebrings as company cars.

My friend has only got a Taurus, Impala('s), and currently a Sebring (which may I add is a POS. I hate sitting in the back of the Sebring. We hit a ditch the other day, and now I have a bruise on my head. HEADROOM is horrible!)

How tall are you?

AKL

About 6'1"

The guy who owns the Sebring, is about 5'10" and finds the headroom bad to!

- he has a moonroof btw.

I have to sit in a awkward position, and the lack of headrests in the rear sucks to.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

ifcar

From Edmunds' first drive of the redesigned Sebring:

QuoteWe're told DaimlerChrysler chairman Dieter Zetsche was adamant about increasing headroom in the new Sebring ? likely because he banged his melon getting into the old car, which had as much cranial clearance as a Little Tikes pedal car.

TheIntrepid

Yes, most company cars around here are basic too. Last April when I got the 2006 Grand Caravan SXT, this was my list to choose from:

-Pontiac G6 V6 (base)
-Ford Fusion 2.3 SE Manual
-Chevy HHR 1LT (base)
-Chevy Uplander LS (base model short wheelbase)
-Grand Caravan SXT (top of the line)

this time, my dad had got a promotion and we got to keep the Caravan as a "spouse vehicle", where they pay insurance but we pay gas.

This was our current choice list:
-2007 Camry SE V6 (loaded)
-2007 Accord SE I-4 (loaded)
-2007 Altima 2.5S (loaded)
-2007 Mazdaspeed 6 (loaded)...too small and my dad thinks it's ugly
-2007 Legacy 2.5i (loaded) but with the 160 or 170 hp engine
-2007 Buick Lucerne CXL (loaded but with pushrod...no Northstar)
-2007 Cadillac CTS Sport (loaded), too small for my 6"4 dad
-2007 Nissan Versa (I have no idea why this was on the list)
-2007 BMW 323i (base and also too small)

SJ_GTI

Damn, that's a nice list of cars. I'd have a tough decision betweent he CTS Sport and Mazdaspeed6 myself.

Raza

Mazdaspeed6 as a company car?  With the turbocharger and stick and everything?  Easy choice.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: SJ_GTI on September 23, 2006, 01:56:35 PM
Damn, that's a nice list of cars. I'd have a tough decision betweent he CTS Sport and Mazdaspeed6 myself.

We wanted auto because my dad's got a) bad arthritis, and b) always on his phone for work and stuff...so no Speed6.

Speed6 and CTS were both tiny when we test drove them. I'm 6"0 and my dad's 6"4. We're comfortable in the Camry, even in the back.

Raza

You sound really picky about room.  Ron's 7'40" and he's comfortable in his A4.

Your father should be using a hands-free device or speakerphone if he has to use the phone a lot while driving, regardless of transmission.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

omicron

Quote from: Raza on September 24, 2006, 10:57:32 AM
You sound really picky about room. Ron's 7'40" and he's comfortable in his A4.

Your father should be using a hands-free device or speakerphone if he has to use the phone a lot while driving, regardless of transmission.

Hear, hear.