***My friend just bought a VW Eos***

Started by cawimmer430, September 26, 2006, 05:14:28 AM

cawimmer430

My friend Byron in the US just got a VW Eos for his birthday present. This guy went to college with me. Looks like his good grades finally paid off.  :lol:

Here's a pic he sent me. It's the 2.0T model.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ifcar

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Nice!  I still think they could have done better with the design, but it's probably because of pedestrian safety that the hood has to be the way it is. 

Hope he got a stick!
Does the Eos come with a stick?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza on September 26, 2006, 05:29:10 AM
Nice!  I still think they could have done better with the design, but it's probably because of pedestrian safety that the hood has to be the way it is. 

Hope he got a stick!
Does the Eos come with a stick?

I asked him if it was stick or auto - he hasn't replied yet. Will let you know ASAP.  ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SJ_GTI

Cool. I was checking one out when i bought my GTI. Its a nice little car for cruising.

mazda6er

Very upscale, handsome looking car. Very nice.  :rockon:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

nickdrinkwater

Looks better in dark colours.  I saw a silver one the other day and wasn't overly impressed.

SaltyDog

Hate to say it, but chick car.  To think what I could do automotively with that kind of money...

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

cawimmer430

Quote from: SJ_GTI on September 26, 2006, 07:26:27 AM
Cool. I was checking one out when i bought my GTI. Its a nice little car for cruising.

Why didn't you get one if I may ask?

Let me guess: too girly:devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: SaltyDog on September 26, 2006, 09:04:04 AM
Hate to say it, but chick car.  To think what I could do automotively with that kind of money...

I had that thought in my head as well. But a lot of cars which are classified as "chick cars" are driven by guys: MX-5, CLK & SLK, Z4, TT etc.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

Are you sure he didn't steal it?
:praise:

Just kidding...looks nice. :)

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

cawimmer430

Quote from: touareg208 on September 26, 2006, 09:18:34 AM
Are you sure he didn't steal it?
:praise:

Just kidding...looks nice. :)

This isn't Grand Theft Auto San Andreas:lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

That's a GOOD GAME. I'm seriously going to burst out laughing if his name is Carl or C.J

omicron

BAHA Eos.

Since when is a TT, Z4, MX-5 or CLK a girl's car?

cawimmer430

Quote from: touareg208 on September 26, 2006, 09:22:44 AM
That's a GOOD GAME. I'm seriously going to burst out laughing if his name is Carl or C.J

So far, I've killed about 89,000+ people in this game. I'm almost done with it but I just walk around killing people.  :lol: :P

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: omicron on September 26, 2006, 09:23:07 AM
BAHA Eos.

From the old days at C&D.   :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

I still play too. All my cars are modded to real-life ones. BTW I have a 300SD that looks like yours that replaced my "Washington"

SaltyDog

If the car performs then it can't be a true chick car, and all of those perform. 

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

cawimmer430

Quote from: touareg208 on September 26, 2006, 09:34:29 AM
I still play too. All my cars are modded to real-life ones. BTW I have a 300SD that looks like yours that replaced my "Washington"

I've been trying to do that with my GTA but it doesn't seem to work. Do you know of any detailed step-by-step instructions that tell me how to do it properly?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

Download the San Andreas Mod Installer. It's a quick process to convert any ZIP into a replacement...and gives you choices. Google it...my school network cuts off most gaming site.s

TheIntrepid

Also, the best sites to download cars are www.gtagaming.com and www.gta-downloads.com (GTA Downloads is down I believe..but will be back soon and it's THE BEST)

cawimmer430

Quote from: touareg208 on September 26, 2006, 09:44:21 AM
Also, the best sites to download cars are www.gtagaming.com and www.gta-downloads.com (GTA Downloads is down I believe..but will be back soon and it's THE BEST)

Thanks. Will try it ASAP.  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: omicron on September 26, 2006, 09:23:07 AM
BAHA Eos.

MX-5s have been considered girls' cars for a long, long time.  The SLK is sold primarily to women (the first generation sold nearly 60 percent to female buyers), the TT is mostly a fashion statement, so that makes it more appealing to women, the CLK was always feminine in design, the Z4 though, doesn't seem to be a bird's car.

However, the MX-5 actually drives well and is worth the money. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: SaltyDog on September 26, 2006, 09:04:04 AM

I wouldn't call it a bird's car, but I do think it will be bought primarily by women.  It's a little soft in its features, and the fact that it's a convertible will appeal to women, and the fact that it's a four seater will appeal to mothers of younger children.  I personally wouldn't buy one, since it's a hard top convertible.  But if they made one that was a little sleeker and had a hard top, I'd think about it.

That said, if they sold an R32 Eos with 4Motion and a stickshift, I'd buy it nearly instantly.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

IrishGuy

I can't believe how much those cost... I certainly wouldn't be buying one at that price.
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

SVT_Power

I think the big round headlights have a certain cute factor in them. Chick car no question
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quote from: IrishGuy on September 26, 2006, 06:32:16 PM
I can't believe how much those cost... I certainly wouldn't be buying one at that price.

I just built a 2.0T trim for 35,9K, and that had a lot of options.  Considering its closest competitors start at 37K and 39K, I'd say it's a bargain. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i