Cruise Control: New Camaro will look even better than concept

Started by gasoline, September 27, 2006, 10:08:05 AM

Nethead

sandertheshark: Sanddude!  The Nethead here isn't talking about sketches--but about the concept Camaro whose photo you and various others have posted in this and other topics.  If I had the photochop skills to "stretch" a '71 Celica ST one foot longitudinally and a foot transversely, you would immediately see the startling resemblance, without me having to use the photochop skills to remove the inner pair of headlights, the ST sidestripes, and then "paint" the chrome bumpers to match the bodycolor. 
But that's sorta moot, anyway, once the general public sees the Giugiaro Mustang--which sucks the light out of any room it's in.  Certainly, both of these cars will be "de-contented" for the street--rooflines will be higher, bumpers will protrude much further, ground clearance will increase, wheels & tires will shrink, side sculpting will be more shallow to allow the door windows to roll down all the way, yada yada yada.  Ditto for the Dodge Challenger concept--whose tires scraped the insides of the fenders above 25 mph.  It is always that way, unfortunately... 
So many stairs...so little time...

sandertheshark

Eh, sorry.  I could see the resemblance in that Motortrend sketch, but not in the real live Chevy concept car.  Although I suppose anything could be photoshopped to look like anything else you wanted.

southdiver1

You guys can talk about rooflines and dissapearing sunroof all day long.
I am holding out for the 2010 convertible myself.
I came into this world kicking, screaming, pissed off, and covered in someone elses blood.
If I do it right, I will leave this world in the same condition.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: southdiver1 on November 29, 2006, 01:22:12 PM
You guys can talk about rooflines and dissapearing sunroof all day long.
I am holding out for the 2010 convertible myself.

What do you currently drive?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

southdiver1

Quote from: touareg208 on November 29, 2006, 01:26:22 PM
What do you currently drive?

Currently I drive a 2006 Uplander and a 1988 Celeberty.
I sold my 1997 Z/28 drop top about 6 months ang and i regret it so, I am determined not to buy ANYTHING new until 2010. Hopefully, the little Chevy will last that long.
I came into this world kicking, screaming, pissed off, and covered in someone elses blood.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

southdiver1

Well, I was not aware of an Uplander EXT so, I would have to say short. It has the third row seating but, with the rear seats up, there is not a whole bunch of storage room