550-hp Barbie Mercedes-Benz SLK

Started by cawimmer430, September 29, 2006, 01:07:35 PM

VetteZ06

Quote from: mazda6er on October 02, 2006, 03:27:43 PM
I've got nothing wrong with gay people, but this...this "car", is a whole new kind of stupid.

Pink just doesn't go well with any car. Period.

mazda6er

Quote from: VetteZ06 on October 02, 2006, 06:42:51 PM
Definitely. Add that strawberry shortcake interior and those hideous dollar store toy rims and it's pretty hard to look at.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Rupert

:rolleyes:

I don't like pink much either, but I can't say I'd not buy this car if I had gobs and gobs and gobs of money. How odd it would be to be driving a pink car that would waste almost every car on the road at any given time? I'm not gonna be emasculated because a bunch of sissie jocks laugh at me and think it's a girly car. Shit, that's half the reason I'd buy it... Chicks dig guys who are secure in their masculinity, and if said men are not gay, well, even better!

And Vette Z06... Don't you think that was a bit of a C/D remark there? How surprising... Never would have guessed that you'd be the one sticking it to all the "homos".

Anyway, it is an ugly color (it's especially ugly, in fact, as it's a bad shade of a bad color), and the interior is something else, but that's the reason it's cool.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

saxonyron

Hmmmmmm. I'm convinced this is a penis extender for man-hating lipstick lesbians who want to stick it to our brotherhood.? ?Notice how the center console is clearly a phallic symbol, if you blur your eyes just a little.? I'm not sure what it all means, but this car frightens me on many levels.? This monstrocity must never see the light of day.?

^^^^ Note offensive "pink torpedo" phallic symbol center console.? My conspiratorial juices are flowing.

:P

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

saxonyron

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Car Zeus

Sub. do you want  me to beat you down again.

Wimmer's sister is mine.

:devil:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Car Zeus on October 03, 2006, 06:06:32 AM
Sub. do you want  me to beat you down again.

Wimmer's sister is mine.

:devil:

Let the girl choose. So, which of you two has the most dough? :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ChrisV

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 01, 2006, 03:44:42 AM
You're telling me you LIKE this thing?  :mask:

No, whether he or I or you like it or not is immaterial. He's saying that unless they did something you don't like to YOUR personal car, you need to grow the fuck up about what someone else did to theit OWN car. We like different things, that's whay we are different people. I woudn't make a car like that, but I'll defend to the death their right to do that to their OWN car.

Questioning their judgement is one thing. Only closed minded immature asshats bitch about it being ruined, or call for the owner's death.

Ooooh, the plastic coating has a slightly different pigment, and the cloth on the seating surface relflects a different frequency of light. That mass produced machine is RUINED!  :rolleyes:
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ChrisV

Quote from: VetteZ06 on October 02, 2006, 06:42:51 PM

I disagree. I've had a number of them...

Plus there are other cars...

http://www.pantherpink.com/

This one is hot pink pearl (the same as the lower part of my Datsun pickup):

It may be your opinion, but it was stated as an assertion of fact in which case, the assertion is wrong.

saxonyron

Uhhhhh....I don't really think the forum members implicated herein truly intended to kill said car designer.  Although an argument can be made that people who don't appreciate a little good-natured hyperbolic dissing of such a vulgar creation could use a good caning.  :devil:

:lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

ChrisV

Quote from: saxonyron on October 03, 2006, 09:16:22 AM
Uhhhhh....I don't really think the forum members implicated herein truly intended to kill said car designer.  Although an argument can be made that people who don't appreciate a little good-natured hyperbolic dissing of such a vulgar creation could use a good caning.  :devil:

:lol:

Once or twice would be fine, but this constant immature bashing of things on every forum simply because they aren't to your taste? Well, then I give back what they dish out. If they can't take it, then they shouldn't do it to start with. Hehehehehe!

The point I like to make is it's hypocritical to dish out insults but not be able to take them from me in return. ;) Why is it ok for, say, you to think *I* should get a caning for insulting people, but I can't point out that those people should get a caning for being insulting and closed minded to start with?

I'm trying to expand their minds, knowledge and tolerance by, ironically, showing them how intolerance is uacceptable when aimed at them.  :devil:  :cheers:

TBR

The entire point of a forum is to discuss opinions, if you don't like that just leave. It isn't like any of us want you around anyway.

omicron

Pink Challenger, pink Thunderbird and pink Cadillac *drool*

mazda6er

Quote from: TBR on October 03, 2006, 09:28:57 AM
The entire point of a forum is to discuss opinions, if you don't like that just leave. It isn't like any of us want you around anyway.

Ooooo, burn. *removes the stick from everyones' asses* That's better.

Why can't we all just....get aloooooong? :lol:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ChrisV

Quote from: TBR on October 03, 2006, 09:28:57 AM

the entire point of a forum is to spread knowledge between people from far points of the globe. Again, I find it amusing that you think that stating any insulting opinion is perfectly acceptable BY you, just not TO you.  Explain that one to me.

BTW, I'm just stating my opinion, as well. Funny how you can get upset at, and comment on, MY opinion, but I'm not allowed to comment on YOURS. :banghead:

But of course it's easier to tell me to go away than it is for you to actually use your brain to be more open minded... But as lon as you feel it's acceptable to state any insulting opinion that comes into your mind, I'll feel it acceptable to do the same. And you either have to take it, or change how you state your opinions.

ChrisV

Quote from: omicron on October 03, 2006, 09:30:18 AM
Pink Challenger, pink Thunderbird and pink Cadillac *drool*

Oh, but they're only for homos, according to the closed minded on the forum. ;)

ChrisV

Quote from: mazda6er on October 03, 2006, 09:30:26 AM
Ooooo, burn. *removes the stick from everyones' asses* That's better.

Why can't we all just....get aloooooong? :lol:
Love to. But apparently, stating any old insulting opinion you want is more important, and making sure that there's no one here to stand in the way of MAKING those insulting, closed minded statements is now a goal of certain people who think it's more valuable in life to close up their minds tightly so they can call cars like these homo cars.

I'm not here to make friends. I have enough of those already. I'm here to discuss cars (and occasionally guess at obscure car pictures). But if someone makes frankly retarded statements about cars, don't be surprised that I take them to task for it.

So, I made a NON-insulting post about pink cars, with pictures and everything. Care to comment? I don't even care if you don't like any of them (that's what peopel like TBR can't quite figure out). A statement of, "honestly, I 'm not a fan of pink cars" is a great statement of opinion that shows dislike without being insulting.

saxonyron

Quote from: ChrisV on October 03, 2006, 09:24:19 AM
Once or twice would be fine, but this constant immature bashing of things on every forum simply because they aren't to your taste? Well, then I give back what they dish out. If they can't take it, then they shouldn't do it to start with. Hehehehehe!

The point I like to make is it's hypocritical to dish out insults but not be able to take them from me in return. ;) Why is it ok for, say, you to think *I* should get a caning for insulting people, but I can't point out that those people should get a caning for being insulting and closed minded to start with?

I'm trying to expand their minds, knowledge and tolerance by, ironically, showing them how intolerance is uacceptable when aimed at them. :devil: :cheers:

I'm all for it.  Everyone needs to expand their minds a  bit.  But I do agree that some things are objectively ugly or unpleasant or in poor taste.  Not everything is subjective. A case could be made that it is, but I would assert that the person who thought, say, a pink Benz such as this, was tasteful and good looking, might just be nuts.  And we don't have to embrace other's insanity,  do we?  :lol:  I'm not saying it's intrinsically evil or bad, just that some things are worthy of derision in a good natured way.  In many cases, it's what makes humor....funny. :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

omicron

Heading ever so slightly back on topic, the exterior isn't disgracefully bad - it's the interior in white that displeases me.

ChrisV

Quote from: saxonyron on October 03, 2006, 09:58:11 AM
I'm all for it.  Everyone needs to expand their minds a  bit.  But I do agree that some things are objectively ugly or unpleasant or in poor taste.  Not everything is subjective. A case could be made that it is, but I would assert that the person who thought, say, a pink Benz such as this, was tasteful and good looking, might just be nuts.  And we don't have to embrace other's insanity,  do we?  :lol:  I'm not saying it's intrinsically evil or bad, just that some things are worthy of derision in a good natured way.  In many cases, it's what makes humor....funny. :lol:

Agreed, but as in the post above, I point out there's ways of stating it that are not intrinsically insulting. I posted pictures of a lot of pink cars, some of which I've owned. Blanket insulting statements can catch those cars and thus myslef as teh builder/owner, and I am well within MY rights to take umbrage at that.

For example, I didn't say the Benz was tasteful or good looking in general. But it may be to the owner, which makes it entirely subjective. Insulting it is like walking up to you and your wife at dinner and saying she's ugly and *I* wouldn't have married her. I'm sure that I coukn't get away with that simply by stating, "well, that's my opinion." Another thing someoen like TBR can't figure out about opinions: it's not a carte blanche licence to get away with everything.

omicron

One would hope that the owner liked it, or there's an international shortage of white leather, pink paint and $30k for no reason :mask:

saxonyron

Quote from: ChrisV on October 03, 2006, 10:03:24 AM
Agreed, but as in the post above, I point out there's ways of stating it that are not intrinsically insulting. I posted pictures of a lot of pink cars, some of which I've owned. Blanket insulting statements can catch those cars and thus myslef as teh builder/owner, and I am well within MY rights to take umbrage at that.

For example, I didn't say the Benz was tasteful or good looking in general. But it may be to the owner, which makes it entirely subjective. Insulting it is like walking up to you and your wife at dinner and saying she's ugly and *I* wouldn't have married her. I'm sure that I coukn't get away with that simply by stating, "well, that's my opinion." Another thing someoen like TBR can't figure out about opinions: it's not a carte blanche licence to get away with everything.

I'm with you, but again, in the spirit of humor, how many blatantly insulting comedy routines have you found yourself rolling on the floor to?  Insults, other's misfortunes and stupid moves have provided the human race with life-sustaining laughs since we lived in caves.  But I've got to admit, I'm handing the discussion trophy to you because a) your arguments are valid, although they need to mellow a little and meet in the middle with the humorists a bit, and b) you used "umbrage" in a sentence.  I love that word.  :cheers:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

TBR

"No, whether he or I or you like it or not is immaterial. He's saying that unless they did something you don't like to YOUR personal car, you need to grow the fuck up about what someone else did to theit OWN car. We like different things, that's whay we are different people. I woudn't make a car like that, but I'll defend to the death their right to do that to their OWN car."

Seems to me like you just said that we can't have an opinion since it isn't the car doesn't belong to any of us.

mazda6er

Quote from: ChrisV on October 03, 2006, 09:55:20 AM
Love to. But apparently, stating any old insulting opinion you want is more important, and making sure that there's no one here to stand in the way of MAKING those insulting, closed minded statements is now a goal of certain people who think it's more valuable in life to close up their minds tightly so they can call cars like these homo cars.

I'm not here to make friends. I have enough of those already. I'm here to discuss cars (and occasionally guess at obscure car pictures). But if someone makes frankly retarded statements about cars, don't be surprised that I take them to task for it.

So, I made a NON-insulting post about pink cars, with pictures and everything. Care to comment? I don't even care if you don't like any of them (that's what peopel like TBR can't quite figure out). A statement of, "honestly, I 'm not a fan of pink cars" is a great statement of opinion that shows dislike without being insulting.
I agree completely that everyone can, and should, have and express their opinions. I also feel, however, that it's important we remember this isn't C/D and that most, if not all, of the posters here are very level-headed and moderate in their commentary. Civility needn't be compromised when arguing a point, as one might be inclined to do with a C/D douchebag. That's all. And of course, I'm not accusing you or anyone of doing so, it's just my thoughts on the issue.
:cheers:

(God, I love that cheers smiley. :lol:)
--Mark

omicron

ChrisV

Quote from: saxonyron on October 03, 2006, 10:15:34 AM
I'm with you, but again, in the spirit of humor, how many blatantly insulting comedy routines have you found yourself rolling on the floor to?

Not as many anymore. I used to like Geaorge Carlin, but now I find that he's just unsulting period and often completely clueless. Mitch Hedburg was much funnier.

But on that note, not many of these guys here are comedians, just car guys bent on proving what they don't like about other cars. there IS a differnce. My wife does stand up comedy and is in one of Baltimore's improv comedy troupes, which I've done some writing work for. I know comedy. The 3 millionth time an insult is repeated ins't comedy, it's a 5 year old repeating something too many times.

QuoteInsults, other's misfortunes and stupid moves have provided the human race with life-sustaining laughs since we lived in caves.

They've also started major wars... ;) Hell, at least I'm not hijacking airplanes for being called violent. Hahahahaha!

ChrisV

Quote from: mazda6er on October 03, 2006, 11:37:57 AM
I agree completely that everyone can, and should, have and express their opinions. I also feel, however, that it's important we remember this isn't C/D and that most, if not all, of the posters here are very level-headed and moderate in their commentary. Civility needn't be compromised when arguing a point, as one might be inclined to do with a C/D douchebag. That's all. And of course, I'm not accusing you or anyone of doing so, it's just my thoughts on the issue.

(God, I love that cheers smiley. :lol:)

hehehehe.

I'm just REALLY tired of the same old insults being trotted out. They aren't even creative anymore.

Funny thing is, they want to say let's do comedy routines, but the fact is, my responses are MILD compared to many comedy routines! Or movies... Do the words "fuck you, you fucking fuck" ring a bell? Hahahahahah! Theres a reason it's called adult language.

And I rather enjoy being a curmudgeon these days:

http://www.aarpmagazine.org/people/Articles/a2003-09-23-goodrumps.html

(yes, I know I linked to an AARP article.. I'm old.)

cawimmer430

Quote from: ChrisV on October 03, 2006, 09:00:24 AM
No, whether he or I or you like it or not is immaterial. He's saying that unless they did something you don't like to YOUR personal car, you need to grow the fuck up about what someone else did to theit OWN car. We like different things, that's whay we are different people. I woudn't make a car like that, but I'll defend to the death their right to do that to their OWN car.

Questioning their judgement is one thing. Only closed minded immature asshats bitch about it being ruined, or call for the owner's death.

Ooooh, the plastic coating has a slightly different pigment, and the cloth on the seating surface relflects a different frequency of light. That mass produced machine is RUINED!  :rolleyes:

Damn ChrisV you need to calm down.  :mask:

This pink SLK looks stupid, and your lecturing won't change my opinion. You posted a bunch of pictures of pink cars that are fast etc., fine, but that won't change my opinion about the color pink. If it is done tastefully, I might tolerate it, but I won't like it. This SLK's paint job is obviously professionally done, but it looks horrible visually - at least to me.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ChrisV

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 03, 2006, 12:24:51 PM
Damn ChrisV you need to calm down.  :mask:

This pink SLK looks stupid, and your lecturing won't change my opinion. You posted a bunch of pictures of pink cars that are fast etc., fine, but that won't change my opinion about the color pink. If it is done tastefully, I might tolerate it, but I won't like it. This SLK's paint job is obviously professionally done, but it looks horrible visually - at least to me.

And I 'm asking you to explain why it's ok for you to be insulting, but not me in return? Maybe I should have simply said, Jeeze, Wimmer, you need to calm down! They didn't paint YOUR car.  :P

Or is that too subtle?

Maybe it's MY opinion that YOUR opinion is stupid. And if you can give yours, I can give mine. Do you think that absolves me or makes you happy about it? I doubt it. And do we really want to mire ourselves in that? Why not try to be more open minded, unless you can explain clearly why that's a bad goal to strive for...

Maybe you just need to read more of my posts in this thread and see that I'm just giving out exactly what you were giving out, just aimed at a different target. ;) 

That's the lesson... :cheers:

(For the record, it's not my opinion that your opinion is stupid. It's my opinion that it's misguided and presented rather poorly. While you may have aimed it at that Mercedes, you hit a slightly different target, or targets, as the case may be).