Your thoughts on Peugeot 908 RC Concept

Started by Jawad, September 30, 2006, 09:30:55 AM

Jawad

This is such an unusual yet awsome concept at the same time.  I love the way it looks, even if it looks ugly.

Catman

Yes, cool yet ugly in some weird, disturbing way.  Looks a little like that Maybach concept with that stance.  Pretty cool.

nickdrinkwater

Look how mean that front end is!  Kinda contradictory how it appears to be a luxury cruiser, but has some very uncomfortable looking sports seats!

Danish

I like.

Jawad you are officially a thread whore :rockon:
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

TBR

Well the front looked nice in autoweek, but the profile is awful.

thewizard16

It's a very unusual shape... I can't like the shape, but there's something about it I like.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

JYODER240

The shape is horrible, buts its "attitude" (if that makes any sense) makes it cool.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Colonel Cadillac

I feel like they are trying too hard to get that futuristic look. No good.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on September 30, 2006, 11:11:25 PM
I feel like they are trying too hard to get that futuristic look. No good.

Agreed.

Looks like there's a lot of computerized nonsense going on too. I don't like it when cars think they're smarter than me.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

My thought? It's bloody long and then some.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

omicron

ChrisV

Very cool. Very evil. A lot of attitude and road presence, which is what a car in that class should have. Subtlety is not a virtue in this arena.

I like things that push the boundaries, even if they don't always work. Because someone will look at one that doesn't exactly work and say, "I know how to make it work," and then they do.

And that's why we no longer drive new cars that look like this:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

omicron

You know what I like more, though:

:wub:

If Peugeot can produce something that is along these lines, and their 908 RC concept is sure as hell on the way, then I'm all in favour.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

This car has a transversely midmounted 5.5 liter turbodiesel V12, which shares architecture with the engine that will be in Peugeot's Audi fighting Le Mans car next year.  The engine has a 100 degree V to lower the center of gravity to the benefit of handling. 

Power figures look to be around 700bhp and 885lb-ft of torque. 

That information aside, the looks have grown on me.  I like every angle but the profile.

EDIT: Information is from Evo Magazine.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i