***Mystery Car: What is it?***

Started by cawimmer430, October 01, 2006, 08:37:29 AM

cawimmer430

Spotted this in Munich. All I can tell you is that the speedometers came from a Porsche and the transmission layout came from a 1970s Mercedes-Benz. The rims look Ferrari to me. No badge or name on the car anywhere.

Any clue what this is? Someone built this himself or something?

Hmmm...maybe I should post this in the Guess What Car thread...  :devil:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Submariner

The rear looks a bit like a BMW 508, the front looks a bit like a 60's Ferrari...

I have no clue.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on October 01, 2006, 08:41:16 AM
The rear looks a bit like a BMW 508, the front looks a bit like a 60's Ferrari...

I have no clue.

Was thinking the same thing.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Speed_Racer

Colonel Cadillac

The taillights come from a 70's 911 I believe.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

For the convenience of not having to start my own thread, what's this less-mysterious car:

I wanted to use it in the car-guessing thread, but it didn't turn out to be what I thought it was.

nickdrinkwater

Mitsubishi Starion I think (the second pic).

cawimmer430

Yep, Mitsubishi Starion. One of the hottest Mitsubishi's from the 1980s. The Turbo versions went like hell to.  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on October 02, 2006, 06:53:57 AM
Mitsubishi Starion I think (the second pic).

I probably was right then but just couldn't find the car. I was thinking it was a Dodge, so it was probably that car rebadged.

EDIT: Dodge, Chrysler, and Plymouth versions (one of which is probably what I saw) were called the Conquest. I should have remembered that. :banghead:

nickdrinkwater

The Mitsu Starion was called the Starion by mistake.  Apparently the Japanese name transalated as Stallion but someone who worked for the importer, Mitsubishi UK, cocked up, and put down the name as Starion.  And it was called that thereafter  :lol:

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on October 02, 2006, 07:19:22 AM
The Mitsu Starion was called the Starion by mistake.  Apparently the Japanese name transalated as Stallion but someone who worked for the importer, Mitsubishi UK, cocked up, and put down the name as Starion.  And it was called that thereafter  :lol:

Actually, the Japanese seem to always pronounce "L's" as "R's". Some Japanese friends of mine always called the Mitsubishi Galant, "Garant". Something in their alphabet or pronounciation. Maybe there is no "L" or "L sound" in their language...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

Why the hell didn't thy just buy the real cabriolet instead of ruining a poor coupe.  :( :banghead: :nono:

*edit* I know why, it's just wow, they ruined that car. *edit*

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on October 02, 2006, 07:34:10 AM

Why the hell didn't thy just buy the real cabriolet instead of ruining a poor coupe.  :( :banghead: :nono:

*edit* I know why, it's just wow, they ruined that car. *edit*

On their website, they say that they "use parts from existing cars because it assures quality". The poor A124 you see here was cannibalised by these guys.  :banghead:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 02, 2006, 07:56:11 AM
On their website, they say that they "use parts from existing cars because it assures quality". The poor A124 you see here was cannibalised by these guys. :banghead:

And you know the job isn't nearly as good as the stock one.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on October 02, 2006, 08:13:58 AM
And you know the job isn't nearly as good as the stock one.

Yep. I think this thing looks terrible.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 02, 2006, 08:54:50 AM
Yep. I think this thing looks terrible.

Not to mention he ruined a beautiful coupe. 

He should have waited!

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on October 02, 2006, 08:59:46 AM
Not to mention he ruined a beautiful coupe. 

He should have waited!

This company should be banned from making more cars. Imagine if these guys teamed up with Ssangyong. OMG.  :mask:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 02, 2006, 09:18:48 AM
This company should be banned from making more cars. Imagine if these guys teamed up with Ssangyong. OMG.  :mask:

The Mersunyong 300 Cabriolet!  We make the car, and put a Merc badge on it!

ChrisV

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 02, 2006, 07:24:28 AM
Actually, the Japanese seem to always pronounce "L's" as "R's". Some Japanese friends of mine always called the Mitsubishi Galant, "Garant". Something in their alphabet or pronounciation. Maybe there is no "L" or "L sound" in their language...

Correct, there are no L's in the Japanese language, and instead they use R's or Ds, depending on the word. Interestingly enough, a lot of their written language comes from Chinese, and Chinese has L's...
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

Quote from: ChrisV on October 02, 2006, 12:41:57 PM
Correct, there are no L's in the Japanese language, and instead they use R's or Ds, depending on the word. Interestingly enough, a lot of their written language comes from Chinese, and Chinese has L's...

Interesting that the Chinese use the "L" but the Japanese don't. Languages.... :P

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza on October 02, 2006, 05:36:42 PM
Surprisingly, I still don't speak German.

You're not missing anything.  :praise:

They basically tell you that their car is a combination of parts taken from the following cars (see the pictures) and that's it.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 03, 2006, 12:44:35 PM
You're not missing anything.  :praise:

They basically tell you that their car is a combination of parts taken from the following cars (see the pictures) and that's it.

what wimmer is trying to say is that German is only for losers like him.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on October 03, 2006, 01:01:20 PM
What wimmer is trying to say is that Swedish is only for losers like him.

Yep.  ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner