2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel

Started by Jawad, October 06, 2006, 05:05:55 PM

Speed_Racer

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 10, 2006, 02:57:29 PM
It sure doesn't seem like a fleet model to me. Look at the shiny wheels, fancy paint, etc.

Looks like a wannabe street rod to me.

"Wannabe" being the key word.

Raza

What is this thing going to cost?  20-25 grand?  Element is only 20K, has suicide doors, and a hose-able interior.  My friend has one, and I'll be damned if that doesn't come in handy. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

jadewolf123

Quote from: Raza on October 10, 2006, 04:59:13 PM
What is this thing going to cost?  20-25 grand?  Element is only 20K, has suicide doors, and a hose-able interior.  My friend has one, and I'll be damned if that doesn't come in handy. 
You two been spraying a lot of fluids together that need to be hosed out?
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

BMWDave

Quote from: jadewolf123 on October 10, 2006, 05:03:43 PM

Oh my.  :lol:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

SVT_Power

Save it for the ARBT :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

thewizard16

Quote from: gasoline on October 10, 2006, 02:54:48 PM
No. Best would have been a sliding door.
Look, GM would traditionally have just replaced the glass rear windows with a body-colored panel and be done.
This time they redid the entire door. Good on you GM!
Yes this will sell well to many small businesses (plumbers, florists, deliveries). ChrisV was right--if a little angry.
I doubt I would be able to stop laughing to tell any plumber what was wrong if I saw he'd traded in his Express or Astro for an HHR panel when he pulled up in my driveway. Plumbers I can't see for whatever reason, but I agree that it would be okay for small businesses. Personally, I always found vehicles without windows a bit worrisome visibility wise, I'd much prefer they had a wire mesh to keep it from breaking and just had it tinted so people couldn't look in, but I guess this is cheaper.? I also suppose this will offer a bit more economical alternative for the florists and the like than the bigger vans.

As far as ChrisV's outburst goes, I'm not easily annoyed, but people who jump to conclusions, are under the false impression they know more than everyone else, and are derogatory towards other people (and profanely at that) get on my nerves. You have no right to yell at everyone else, considering you are the single person I can think of that acts like the knowledge god most often, and does not deal well with debate or questioning. If you have a problem with the people here, then go find somewhere where the knowledge gods hang out and never have to deal with any opinions that differ from their own, I'm sure you'll be very happy in that imaginary place. I'm sorry people annoy you, but the real world must be really hard for you if you can't handle a few people on a forum that think an HHR panel vehicle is ugly or a poor idea.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

SaltyDog

Maybe the flower lady can buy one.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Raza on October 10, 2006, 04:59:13 PM
What is this thing going to cost? 20-25 grand? Element is only 20K, has suicide doors, and a hose-able interior. My friend has one, and I'll be damned if that doesn't come in handy.

I really don't think those are suicide doors. I would call them french doors, which is what all the extended cab trucks have.

But anyway, I agree. The HHR doesn't sound like such a great vehicle to me with its mediocre handling and electric steering.

Raza

Pesticides.  He worked on a farm over the summer. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza on October 10, 2006, 06:57:19 PM
Pesticides.? He worked on a farm over the summer.?

riiight, pesticides. Wink, wink.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Quote from: JYoDeR240 on October 10, 2006, 09:36:51 PM
riiight, pesticides. Wink, wink.

See, the problem is that I'm completely comfortable with myself as a heterosexual, so your fratboy antics won't get to me.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza on October 10, 2006, 10:44:25 PM
See, the problem is that I'm completely comfortable with myself as a heterosexual, so your fratboy antics won't get to me.

Are you sure about that :rolleyes:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

thewizard16

Quote from: M_power on October 10, 2006, 10:57:49 PM
Are you sure about that :rolleyes:
He's not one of the frequent commentators in the ARBT, now is he...?
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

SVT_Power

Quote from: thewizard16 on October 10, 2006, 11:02:25 PM
He's not one of the frequent commentators in the ARBT, now is he...?

I guess the frequent ones are just Omi, Sub, and that ghey Wimmer  :P

Submariner

Look guys, he's in the closet.  :ohyeah:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

omicron

Why on earth is that strange purple man holding a detachable penis winking at me?

jadewolf123

Quote from: omicron on October 11, 2006, 05:47:48 AM
Why on earth is that strange purple man holding a detachable penis winking at me?
I spit out my fucking drink when I read that.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

Raza

Quote from: Submariner on October 11, 2006, 04:33:28 AM
Look guys, he's in the closet.  :ohyeah:

I'm mean when I'm drunk. 

I was recently in a closet.  Well, not really in it, but more like...putting stuff into it.  Toilet paper, a vaccuum cleaner, deodorant (Axe), and body wash (also Axe). 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Thats a good thing, since i was joking and all.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

280Z Turbo

Quote from: omicron on October 11, 2006, 05:47:48 AM

They make detachable penises?!

That might be convienient for some situations, but I think I'd lose it.

SVT_Power

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 11, 2006, 06:26:34 PM

:lol: :lol: That's not something you want to lose. You might need it

omicron

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 11, 2006, 06:26:34 PM

Look at him!

:ohyeah:

He's all 'like WHOA I just finished my 33rd Bud and kinda pulled on it and it CAME OFF! I gotta show someone. HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I DID'

mazda6er

Quote from: omicron on October 11, 2006, 08:24:26 PM
Look at him!

He's all 'like WHOA I just finished my 33rd Bud and kinda pulled on it and it CAME OFF! I gotta show someone. HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I DID'

This is why you people get killed by sting rays. :cheers:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

omicron

Quote from: mazda6er on October 11, 2006, 08:45:13 PM
This is why you people get killed by sting rays. :cheers:

Yes thank you, I'll have another :cheers:

SVT_Power

Quote from: omicron on October 11, 2006, 08:24:26 PM
Look at him!

Go drink some more omi :lol:

omicron

Nebtek2002

I actually use a commercial vehicle for commercial purposes, part time. I deliver a 4000 copies of an 80-page booklet of car ads to 150 locations, every other week.

My route encompasses a neighborhood full of people who were licensed,if at all, to drive in a corrupt foreign country and who can't legally obtain licenses in even "easy" states like Nebraska. I have had numerous close calls and therefore still carry collision insurance on a 9-year-old vehicle.

I drive a Ranger with a cap that opens up on 3 sides and probably could give me another 9 yrs.' service if not crashed-into. Therefore, I look very closely at the types of vehicles that could succeed the Ranger.

This HHR looks damn good on paper in that it has the same cubic capacity as the covered Ranger box, the cargo is accessible on all 4 sides, and I wouldn't have to periodically reseal the upper half of my cargo area to the lower half.However, when commuting to my full-time job I appreciate that the little pickup cab heats up/cools down much faster than a van interior.

Having just 112 hp, the Ranger's 4 gets bogged down a bit when fully loaded and the AC is on.
Gas mileage drops from 21-23 to 18-20.

With the increased engine power of the Ecotec engine, I'd expect less dropoff in both power and economy.

I can't wait until this vehicle is in rental fleets so I can try one out on a book day.

Raghavan

Quote from: ChrisV on October 10, 2006, 08:03:56 AM
A shitpile of small businesses... Jesus, how sheltered ARE you people?

Same people who like cars like these;

but don't want something so large.

And yes, I'm about having and sharing a larger automotive knowledge, gained from decades of study and direct experienc in a wider range of cars than most people. The probelm is, you keep proving you have none and PREFER it! So why should ANY of your fucking retarded opinions have any weight? You actually VALUE being ignorant POS!

I had no problem driving a '48 ford panel street rod. This is no fucking differnt. Grow up you little shits.

I though this would have more knowledgable people (or at least people that wanted to learn and have an open mind) than C&D. Turns out it's just full of little children who would rather know LESS than anyone else, rather than MORE.

So we should 'grow up' for not liking the boring old POS's that you like?
WOW....

mazda6er

Quote from: Raghavan on November 09, 2006, 05:46:18 PM
So we should 'grow up' for not liking the boring old POS's that you like?
WOW....
The ship has sailed Rag, the ship has sailed.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer