Volvo C30

Started by BMWDave, May 30, 2005, 06:18:27 AM

BMWDave

This would compete with the 1 series, A3, etc.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

SJ_GTI

Volvo already has the V50 and S40 though. Those compete favorably with the A3/1-series/9-2x already I think.

BMWDave

QuoteVolvo already has the V50 and S40 though. Those compete favorably with the A3/1-series/9-2x already I think.
The S40 is bigger than the A3 though.

2007 Honda S2000

SJ_GTI

But its priced like the A3, and it's still smaller than an A4.

Though honestly this would probably just be a 3-door S40 mechanically. Its probably more of a question if Volvo thinks it can sell a premium 3-door. Audi didn't thnk it could, which is why they are only bringing over the 5-door.

BMWDave

QuoteBut its priced like the A3, and it's still smaller than an A4.

Though honestly this would probably just be a 3-door S40 mechanically. Its probably more of a question if Volvo thinks it can sell a premium 3-door. Audi didn't thnk it could, which is why they are only bringing over the 5-door.
I think Volvo can.  They've been strengthening their image a lot the past few years in NA.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

The reason we aren't getting the 3-door A3 has nothing to do with what Audi thinks it can and can't sell here, it is simply because such a car would compete directly with the GTi.

Raghavan

not really. i like the BMW better.

SJ_GTI

The reason we aren't getting the 3-door A3 has nothing to do with what Audi thinks it can and can't sell here, it is simply because such a car would compete directly with the GTi.
So the A3 doesn't compete with the GTI in Europe, but it would in the US?

Raghavan

no, i don't htink audi thinks they can sell the 3 door here. no market.

giant_mtb

TBR

You would think, but that is what all of the mags have been saying.