***New Pics***

Started by TheIntrepid, October 15, 2006, 06:47:12 PM

TheIntrepid

Here are some pics that actually do my car justice;) They're actually from the dealer...so the plates aren't on it yet. I didn't upload them before because the camera was with my dad in India.

The 3.5 V6

The nav system (yes I blurred out the street names;)) Who knows if Submariner will try to stalk me.  :mask:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Catman

I've seen several SE's aand find them very attractive.  How's it drive?

TheIntrepid

Smooth:)... you can barely tell the engine's on that's how quiet it is. Very powerful... feels more than just 1hp more than my Intrepid.

SVT_Power

Quote from: touareg208 on October 15, 2006, 08:41:58 PM
Smooth:)... you can barely tell the engine's on that's how quiet it is. Very powerful... feels more than just 1hp more than my Intrepid.

Probably the difference of the 6 and 4 speed?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

cawimmer430

The new Camry actually looks pretty decent with that body kit and color. I'd still design the front differently.  :cheers:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

USA_Idol

Quote from: touareg208 on October 15, 2006, 06:47:12 PM
Here are some pics that actually do my car justice;) They're actually from the dealer...so the plates aren't on it yet. I didn't upload them before because the camera was with my dad in India.

I'm glad you like your car and congrats on the purchase. 

TheIntrepid

Thanks. Of course it's not a purchase, but my parents' company car. It's going to be my daily driver though :)

AKL

Nice pictures, you're so damnn lucky to have this as a company car!

I see a lot of SE's on the road, particularly not SE V6's though.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

USA_Idol

Quote from: touareg208 on October 16, 2006, 07:07:49 PM
Thanks. Of course it's not a purchase, but my parents' company car. It's going to be my daily driver though :)

Still, it's a nice car to have around.  I'm not amused by the awkward front end of the Camry, but the rest of the car is fairly nice.  I wouldn't give up my Accord for it, though.   :lol:

Tappakegga

I think the Camry is an ok looking car. Bland no matter what but it is at least a car I could recommend to someone who just needs a decent family car.

However, the front end simply ends it all for me and I can't get past it. I couldn't live with myself if I had to walk in front of my car each day.  I don't car if it had 80mpg and 700hp I wouldn't be seen in it (ok im probably stretching the truth just a bit). In the other thread with the Aussie Camry's I didn't think they were that bad though.
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE (~66,000mi.)
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (~3,500mi.)
2007 Honda CR125R

TheIntrepid

We drove an Accord and a Mazda6 before choosing the Camry. The Accord was a little too low and had a "hard" ride as opposed to the silky smoothness of the Camry.

thewizard16

Quote from: touareg208 on October 17, 2006, 06:32:22 AM
We drove an Accord and a Mazda6 before choosing the Camry. The Accord was a little too low and had a "hard" ride as opposed to the silky smoothness of the Camry.
What did you think about the Mazda6?
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

SVT_Power

Wow we have a camry troll. Of all cars, a camry  :rolleyes:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

thewizard16

Quote from: M_power on October 17, 2006, 09:53:42 PM
Wow we have a camry troll. Of all cars, a camry :rolleyes:
I think that's a bit unfair. Just because it's a common car that many ignorant people buy because everyone else has one, it means he can't like it? I can understand him being a Camry troll as much as most of the other "trolls" on the board. There's nothing wrong with taking pride in your car, even if the enthusiast population here doesn't care for it. I have a Camry, it's an older one, and I don't want it anymore, but I have no reason to hate it, and I can understand people liking them (more so the newer ones since they've improved the way they drive, etc.).
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

Quote from: thewizard16 on October 17, 2006, 10:10:08 PM
I think that's a bit unfair. Just because it's a common car that many ignorant people buy because everyone else has one, it means he can't like it? I can understand him being a Camry troll as much as most of the other "trolls" on the board. There's nothing wrong with taking pride in your car, even if the enthusiast population here doesn't care for it. I have a Camry, it's an older one, and I don't want it anymore, but I have no reason to hate it, and I can understand people liking them (more so the newer ones since they've improved the way they drive, etc.).

Maybe you missed it, but touareg's title is "Camry troll".

cawimmer430

Quote from: touareg208 on October 15, 2006, 06:47:12 PM
Who knows if Submariner will try to stalk me.  :mask:

He will. Watch out. :pullover:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

TheIntrepid

Quote from: thewizard16 on October 17, 2006, 03:29:50 PM
What did you think about the Mazda6?

It was a good-riding car. My dad's 6"4 and I'm 6"0 so we thought it was very tight on the inside, especially compared to the Camry. We couldn't even get into the back of the 6, and we can both comfortably sit in the back of the Camry (not that we ever do...if the whole family goes out it's always my dad and me up front.)

Raghavan

iI'm digging the saran wrap on the rimz.
:lol:

TheIntrepid

Thanks. These pics were from the dealer ;)