335i, GTO or MS6 Aftermarket performance parts.

Started by sandertheshark, October 19, 2006, 06:12:10 PM

sandertheshark

These are the three cars I'm considering to buy at the beginning of next year:  BMW 335i Coupe, Pontiac GTO 6-speed, MazdaSpeed6.

Part of my decision process will depend on potential performance upgrades.

I know there's people here who know these cars and the performance aftermarket better than I do.  Can anyone suggest some modifications I could make for any or all of these cars that are a) street-legal, b) will not void the warranty, and c) not be too expensive.

New shocks and tires I've already got figured out.

Thanks!

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

The GTO will have the most amount of  mods available from Lingenfelter and other companies like that.
BMW has Dinan to get mods from. Mazda... I have no clue, but i'd take it over a 335i which imo looks fugly.

SVT_Power

Doesn't any kind of powertrain modifications basically void the warranty?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

ifcar

If you're going to wait until the end of the year, you'll have trouble finding a GTO.

sandertheshark

Quote from: ifcar on October 20, 2006, 05:37:39 AM
If you're going to wait until the end of the year, you'll have trouble finding a GTO.
You think?  I know they're going out of production but I don't imagine they'll dissapear off the lots right away.

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on October 20, 2006, 04:59:23 PM
You think?  I know they're going out of production but I don't imagine they'll dissapear off the lots right away.

There will probably be a few about, but finding the color/transmission option you want might get tough.  A good dealer will find one for you.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Danish

I read this in someone's sig (I think it was Pancor) but "the best mod is the crazy mofo behind the wheel" :praise:
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.