Truly Shocking European RICE

Started by cawimmer430, October 22, 2006, 05:53:05 AM

cawimmer430

:lol:

This was once an Audi A4 Avant  :lol:

More BMW's ruined...

I believe this was once a VW Polo in more peaceful times...

VW Lupo with an Audi grille.  :rolleyes:

More trash here: http://www.germancarzone.com/index.php
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Autobahn

I love that last Lupo, it looks just like one of those cars from that film ("cars" I believe), my little nephews would love it :ohyeah:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Autobahn on October 22, 2006, 05:57:09 AM
I love that last Lupo, it looks just like one of those cars from that film ("cars" I believe), my little nephews would love it :ohyeah:

Are they ricers? :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

heelntoe

did that first bmw say dacia on the side, is that even a bmw?

my bike also says nova on the side, but that is its name.
@heelntoe

Autobahn

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 22, 2006, 06:06:41 AM
Are they ricers? :lol:

They have "turbo" stickers on their Bobby Cars -> does that qualify?  :lol: (they look like the Porsche Turbo badges - guess who gave the badges to them  :praise:)

cawimmer430

Quote from: heelntoe on October 22, 2006, 06:37:32 AM
did that first bmw say dacia on the side, is that even a bmw?

my bike also says nova on the side, but that is its name.

That is a Dacia. Romanian car.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Autobahn on October 22, 2006, 06:42:22 AM
They have "turbo" stickers on their Bobby Cars -> does that qualify?  :lol: (they look like the Porsche Turbo badges - guess who gave the badges to them  :praise:)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

850CSi

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 22, 2006, 06:44:39 AM
That is a Dacia. Romanian car.  :lol:

Car? More like complete piece of shit.  :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: 850CSi on October 22, 2006, 10:23:59 AM
Car? More like complete piece of shit.  :lol:

You just insulted my favorite brand! NOT.  :lol:

Check out this POS.  :banghead:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on October 22, 2006, 12:09:52 PM
I want a riced out Lupo.  :praise:

Me too. Just to be laughed at.  :lol:

I'd wear my baseball cap backwards and listen to rap music while driving it. Oh, and I'd wear like Wu-Tang Clan t-shirts that are way to big for me and then wear an Allen Iverson jersey over it. Then I'd also dress up with some baggy pants to top it off.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

pommes-t

Sorry guys, but I must say that I like that Lupo. And that A3, too.

To me this is customizing. That crappy Dacia is sooo riced, that it's cool again, too. - I don't think the owner was serious about this and more wanted to earn some good laughs.

That A3 and the Lupo look like well customized cars. They don't necessarily need much power - they were simply customized by the owners because they like the way they look now and probably love to do that kind of work.

S204STi

The Dacia-wannabe-BMW thing was particularly offensive. :rolleyes:

MrEddy

I can't say that any of your sequence of 'rice' threads is bothering me. In fact, I'm a little puzzed as to why it's such a terrible thing for someone to customize their car the way they like. Fine, I don't really like the changes they've made, but if the owner does... great. Good on him. With this notable exception, most of the so called 'rice' cars that Wimmer has posted have been pretty mild modifications.

Submariner

Quote from: MrEddy on October 22, 2006, 03:33:57 PM
I can't say that any of your sequence of 'rice' threads is bothering me. In fact, I'm a little puzzed as to why it's such a terrible thing for someone to customize their car the way they like. Fine, I don't really like the changes they've made, but if the owner does... great. Good on him. With this notable exception, most of the so called 'rice' cars that Wimmer has posted have been pretty mild modifications.

I think part of the whole dislike towards ricers is the attitude that goes along with the car.

Take this for example.  A couple of weeks ago I was coming home from the mall.  I pulled up to a stoplight, and waited for it to turn green.  The light led to the highway, and it was late so there was no one out.  Then who pulled up next to me?  Cracka mazta T in his "tR1ck3d 0uT tUrb0 c1vic"  Rolled down the window and yelled out to me "hey grandpa going to the funeral home?"  I happened to be driving my parents S-600 (debadged) and him being the obvious enthusiast didn't know the difference between a S-class with no visible exhaust and one with dual exhaust.  Needless to say, he gunned his 900 horsepower engine and as soon as the light turned green peeled out.  The was a thin white boy playing Lil' Wayne driving a riced out civic acting like he was "the s**t "  Maybe it's a stereotype, and maybe it's not.  But All my encounters with ricers have led me to conclude that they are arrogant morons. 

BTW, I waited for a couple of seconds, hit the gas and blew past him, no contest.

MrEddy

Quote from: Submariner on October 22, 2006, 03:56:27 PM
I think part of the whole dislike towards ricers is the attitude that goes along with the car.

Take this for example.  A couple of weeks ago I was coming home from the mall.  I pulled up to a stoplight, and waited for it to turn green.  The light led to the highway, and it was late so there was no one out.  Then who pulled up next to me?  Cracka mazta T in his "tR1ck3d 0uT tUrb0 c1vic"  Rolled down the window and yelled out to me "hey grandpa going to the funeral home?"  I happened to be driving my parents S-600 (debadged) and him being the obvious enthusiast didn't know the difference between a S-class with no visible exhaust and one with dual exhaust.  Needless to say, he gunned his 900 horsepower engine and as soon as the light turned green peeled out.  The was a thin white boy playing Lil' Wayne driving a riced out civic acting like he was "the s**t "  Maybe it's a stereotype, and maybe it's not.  But All my encounters with ricers have led me to conclude that they are arrogant morons. 

BTW, I waited for a couple of seconds, hit the gas and blew past him, no contest.

First of all, I'm certainly not going to establish the one man Carspin rice fan club here.

But... bad drivers and attitudes cut across lots of different types of cars. Personally I find that kind of attitude most often in truck drivers and in Camaro/Firebird/Mustang drivers than in ricers. But that could have something to do with where I am. Either way, I stand by my original statement. Personally I don't like lowered, modified and chromed 'bling' SUVs but I'm not posting photos of every example I see.

Submariner

Quote from: MrEddy on October 22, 2006, 04:05:00 PM
First of all, I'm certainly not going to establish the one man Carspin rice fan club here.

But... bad drivers and attitudes cut across lots of different types of cars. Personally I find that kind of attitude most often in truck drivers and in Camaro/Firebird/Mustang drivers than in ricers. But that could have something to do with where I am. Either way, I stand by my original statement. Personally I don't like lowered, modified and chromed 'bling' SUVs but I'm not posting photos of every example I see.

Well...There are tastefully done "riced out cars"  I'll be the first to admit it.  If seen Civic's with aftermarket rims, understated body kits, lightly tinted windows, etc that while aren't my thing, are nicely done and not to obnoxious.  However, when you get into 4 foot tall wings, fart cans, 38" "spinnaz", stickers (I love the turbo stickers on cars that clearly have stock N/A engine setups), "aerodynamic scoops" That I start to say, "no way that's just stupid"

Danish

Christian, I like how you presented the first car (Dacia)

I agree with Pommes, the A3 isn't that bad
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

ro51092

Everybody wants to hold the power of the BMW badge, so when they cant handle it, this is what they resort to!

MrEddy

Quote from: Submariner on October 22, 2006, 04:34:59 PM
Well...There are tastefully done "riced out cars"  I'll be the first to admit it.  If seen Civic's with aftermarket rims, understated body kits, lightly tinted windows, etc that while aren't my thing, are nicely done and not to obnoxious.  However, when you get into 4 foot tall wings, fart cans, 38" "spinnaz", stickers (I love the turbo stickers on cars that clearly have stock N/A engine setups), "aerodynamic scoops" That I start to say, "no way that's just stupid"

Fair enough.  :cheers:

I guess I'm just a live and let live kinda guy. How's it go again?  "Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be".  :lol:

jayeshks

I thought we'd agreed on calling these things krauts.  I mean there isn't a type R sticker in sight.

cawimmer430

Quote from: MrEddy on October 22, 2006, 03:33:57 PM

I think these modifications just look stupid, especially putting an Audi grille on a VW Lupo economy car for example.  :P

Sure, these guys can do what they want. But we can still laugh at them can't we?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Danish on October 22, 2006, 06:02:24 PM
Christian, I like how you presented the first car (Dacia)

I agree with Pommes, the A3 isn't that bad

Just FYI, those aren't my pics.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

saxonyron

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 23, 2006, 06:42:57 AM

I think these modifications just look stupid, especially putting an Audi grille on a VW Lupo economy car for example. :P

Sure, these guys can do what they want. But we can still laugh at them can't we?

That's the moral of the story.? I don't think they should be outlawed.? But once you leave the bellcurve of "normalcy" you leave yourself open to criticism, and I'm more than happy to dish some out. One of the basic tenets of humor is to trash whoever is a little out of the ordinary.? Hell, look at the searing abuse heaped on me just because I'm 6'7" and have 5 kids!? :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

cawimmer430

Quote from: saxonyron on October 23, 2006, 07:16:09 AM
That's the moral of the story.  I don't think they should be outlawed.  But once you leave the bellcurve of "normalcy" you leave yourself open to criticism, and I'm more than happy to dish some out. One of the basic tenets of humor is to trash whoever is a little out of the ordinary.  Hell, look at the searing abuse heaped on me just because I'm 6'7" and have 5 kids:lol:

I thought it was 37? :confused:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MrEddy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 23, 2006, 06:42:57 AM

I think these modifications just look stupid, especially putting an Audi grille on a VW Lupo economy car for example.  :P

Sure you can. Don't recall suggesting anywhere that you can't laugh at them. My only point was that I didn't personally have as strong a reaction to pretty much any of the 'rice' photos you've posted. Including these ones.

cawimmer430

Quote from: MrEddy on October 23, 2006, 08:31:21 AM
Sure you can. Don't recall suggesting anywhere that you can't laugh at them. My only point was that I didn't personally have as strong a reaction to pretty much any of the 'rice' photos you've posted. Including these ones.

Watch out in the mainstreamers section. I'm about to post another "Rice" thread. This time, it's for real.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

heelntoe

the a3 doesnt look half bad. i wouldnt mind having that a4 avant with different alloys and a 4.2 v8.

about the dacia, dont make me post pics of skodas with bmw grilles on them
@heelntoe