Rinspeed 911

Started by BMWDave, June 02, 2005, 05:12:02 AM

BMWDave

ZUMIKON, Switzerland ? Rinspeed has developed a new aerodynamic tuning kit for the Porsche 911 Carrera and Carrera S models. The package has been named "Gullwing" after its defining feature, the modified gullwing doors, which can be installed on the 911 body.

The suspension has been lowered by about an inch, and low-profile performance tires mounted on five-spoke, 19-inch aluminum wheels maximize the look of wraparound ground effects.

To complete the revamp of the exterior, the company offers a number of exhaust systems with modified end tips, headers and mufflers. The kit also includes such interior modifications as leather trims, carbon d?cor elements, sport steering wheel and aluminum pedals.

What this means to you: If you want more distinction than a 911 offers, the Gullwing kit will set your Rinspeed Porsche apart from the crowd.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Catman

I like the car but see no need for gullwing doors.

Raghavan

looks nice... but why?

TBR

Looks nice, but what is the point of the gullwing doors?  (which aren't actually gullwing doors, they are scissor doors)

BMWDave

QuoteLooks nice, but what is the point of the gullwing doors?  (which aren't actually gullwing doors, they are scissor doors)
Thats exactly what I thought, they are not gullwing.  And rinspeed always goes overboard with their designs (aka Rinspeed Chopster) so it doesnt suprise me that they used gullwing doors.

2007 Honda S2000

Run Away

I just want a car with frameless doors...Neons have them, but since they're an econo car the seals suck on the highway and make lots of noise. But they're so sexy..

BMWDave

QuoteI just want a car with frameless doors...Neons have them, but since they're an econo car the seals suck on the highway and make lots of noise. But they're so sexy..
Subarus have them too....and I cant get over the junky thunk they make when you slam the doors.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteI just want a car with frameless doors...Neons have them, but since they're an econo car the seals suck on the highway and make lots of noise. But they're so sexy..
Subarus have them too....and I cant get over the junky thunk they make when you slam the doors.
Yeah, they don't close real solidly, but they do make sense from an engineering stand point.  

Raghavan

Yeah, they don't close real solidly, but they do make sense from an engineering stand point.
it doesn't matter what kind of thunk they make.

BMWDave

You want youre car to make a reassuring thunk.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

not really...

BMWDave

not really...
difference of opinion then.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

not really...
man, we're divided on everything, huh?

BMWDave

not really...
not everything.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

not really...
not everything.
i disagree with you on that. :lol: