Speed Limits

Started by MrEddy, November 10, 2006, 09:23:03 AM

MrEddy

Great idea from Denmark on how to make people pay more attention to speed limits.... MUCH more attention. Should be introduced everywhere.

http://www.slemmedreng.dk/player/f14600/p14684.php (NSFW)

The Pirate

Very nice, and it seems to be quite effective.

Alas, I don't see this happening anytime soon in the U.S.  We as a country aren't quite ready for an approach that open.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Raza

I'd slow down, but I wouldn't have any idea what the fuck the speed limit is.  I might even pull over and buy a drink or few.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

LMAO, thats awesome.

i like the shot of the guy hitting on one of the girls while traffic backs up behind his parked car.

dazzleman

That's f'ing hilarious.  It's a crazy idea though.  I would think that the distraction might be more dangerous, and cause more accidents, than speeding itself does.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rupert

But... I like speeding.

And topless women.

What a conundrum.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

sandertheshark

Quote from: Psilos on November 10, 2006, 09:27:50 PM
But... I like speeding.

And topless women.

What a conundrum.
I'm sure there's a way to work that out.

sandertheshark

Quote from: The Pirate on November 10, 2006, 09:46:03 AM
Very nice, and it seems to be quite effective.

Alas, I don't see this happening anytime soon in the U.S.  We as a country aren't quite ready for an approach that open.
It would be a good way to incite enough public outcry to remove speed limits altogether

mazda6er

haha everyone that interviewed just had this huge, dopey grin on their faces.  :lol:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

dazzleman

Quote from: Psilos on November 10, 2006, 09:27:50 PM
But... I like speeding.

And topless women.

What a conundrum.

:lol:

Who says you can't have both?  You can slow down just long enough to get a good luck at the topless woman, then resume your speeding.   :devil:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Catman

Quote from: mazda6er on November 10, 2006, 11:12:54 PM
haha everyone that interviewed just had this huge, dopey grin on their faces.? :lol:

Except that middle aged woman. :nono:

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

Uhh doesn't seem very logical
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

TheIntrepid

lol... No that's not very logical at all.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Vinsanity

lol who cares if it's logical if it's the only thing that can lighten my lead foot :wub: