Ferrari F430 vs Ford GT Comparo

Started by Fire It Up, May 07, 2005, 08:00:40 AM

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Colonel Cadillac

I can't wait to read that one, I'll save it for the magazine though. I am not a huge fan of reading articles online.  

SaleenS7

I get that mag...I don't like it because it doesn't give a clear answer. I'm prejudice against Ford tho...
Saleen S7[/size][/font]

If you're gonna push it, push it HARD!

BMWDave

I read the comparo.  It basically says that the GT is one of the few cars that can make a Ferrari F430 looked "pinched and upright."  They said that the Ford's acceleration is amazing, but the Ferrari gains it back in the twisties.  And finally, the loved the finesse and class of the Ferrari.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

QuoteI read the comparo.  It basically says that the GT is one of the few cars that can make a Ferrari F430 looked "pinched and upright."  They said that the Ford's acceleration is amazing, but the Ferrari gains it back in the twisties.  And finally, the loved the finesse and class of the Ferrari.
Thanks for the summary, I hate reading long articles on my computer. Anyway, I would take a 911 or DB9 over both cars as they are much more useable.

BMWDave

QuoteI read the comparo.  It basically says that the GT is one of the few cars that can make a Ferrari F430 looked "pinched and upright."  They said that the Ford's acceleration is amazing, but the Ferrari gains it back in the twisties.  And finally, the loved the finesse and class of the Ferrari.
Thanks for the summary, I hate reading long articles on my computer. Anyway, I would take a 911 or DB9 over both cars as they are much more useable.
Your welcome.

I love the Ferrari and would take it most definitely over a 911.  The Aston would be a different story, since it is just drop dead gorgeous!  But my sporty side would win out and the Ferrari would be my pick.

2007 Honda S2000

MX793

QuoteI get that mag...I don't like it because it doesn't give a clear answer. I'm prejudice against Ford tho...
That is one thing I don't like about MT.  They review the cars, but they never really show where they pick a winner.  They basically say stuff like "the ride is better in car X than car Y" or "Car Y is the better performer", but they never really give you a concise "in our opinion, this is the better of the cars".
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

BMWDave

QuoteI get that mag...I don't like it because it doesn't give a clear answer. I'm prejudice against Ford tho...
That is one thing I don't like about MT.  They review the cars, but they never really show where they pick a winner.  They basically say stuff like "the ride is better in car X than car Y" or "Car Y is the better performer", but they never really give you a concise "in our opinion, this is the better of the cars".
Correct.  They usually say if you want X pick this car and if you want Y pick this car.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Yep, that was one of the reasons I stopped subscribing (the other two were their crappy, biased reviews and the fact they sent me at least 2 extra issues (do I really want to trust car reviews from a magazine whose publishers can't even count to 12?))

BMWDave

Yep, that was one of the reasons I stopped subscribing (the other two were their crappy, biased reviews and the fact they sent me at least 2 extra issues (do I really want to trust car reviews from a magazine whose publishers can't even count to 12?))
Hey, I wouldnt mind two extra issues B)  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I wouldn't mind either except I don't have a bird, rabbit, or other pet cage that needs to be lined ;)

BMWDave

I wouldn't mind either except I don't have a bird, rabbit, or other pet cage that needs to be lined ;)
True.  But if one gets ruined or something you still have another one.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

True.  But if one gets ruined or something you still have another one.
That reminds me that over the last 3 or so years I have every issue of C/D except for one and it is just annoying the hell out of me. I don't know what I did with it, but I definitely received it and read it a couple of times, but then a month later I couldn't find it.