Production pics: 2008 Buick Enclave

Started by gasoline, November 28, 2006, 12:15:33 AM

AutoSaurus

Quote from: gasoline on December 02, 2006, 09:53:43 PM
How did you find Carspin, may I ask?

A link from another auto site.  Which one?  Can't remember too many sites tonight. I own www.SiennaClub.org so I've been around the block.  :tounge:

BMWDave

Quote from: AutoSaurus on December 02, 2006, 10:07:47 PM
A link from another auto site.? Which one?? Can't remember too many sites tonight. I own www.SiennaClub.org so I've been around the block.? :tounge:

Cool.  Its good to see that we're getting traffic from around the web too.   :ohyeah:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

AutoSaurus

My garage currently houses a '06 ML350 and '04 Sienna Limited.  I have a GL320CDI on order with a January build date which would replace my Sienna.  This Enclave has really peaked my interest though.  Not as many features as the GL (Distronic, bluetooth, keyless GO) but at $30K less it really doesn't matter.  The styling of the Enclave is really  great. 

GM is saying that mid-April is the first build dates with mid to late May deliveries.

Tough decision for me.  I've owned several MB's over the last few years and we love our ML.  The build quality is near perfect.  I sure would love to save the money and still get a vehicle that can handle 7+ folks comfortably.

gasoline

A link from another auto site.  Which one?  Can't remember too many sites tonight. I own www.SiennaClub.org so I've been around the block.  :tounge:
Hey, I've been there twice. I don't own a Sienna, but it came up in some searches I was doing.
Good to have you.
I hope you stick around.
-----------------------------------

gasoline

Quote from: AutoSaurus on December 02, 2006, 10:16:30 PM
My garage currently houses a '06 ML350 and '04 Sienna Limited.  I have a GL320CDI on order with a January build date which would replace my Sienna.  This Enclave has really peaked my interest though.  Not as many features as the GL (Distronic, bluetooth, keyless GO) but at $30K less it really doesn't matter.  The styling of the Enclave is really  great. 

GM is saying that mid-April is the first build dates with mid to late May deliveries.

Tough decision for me.  I've owned several MB's over the last few years and we love our ML.  The build quality is near perfect.  I sure would love to save the money and still get a vehicle that can handle 7+ folks comfortably.
Why are you changing out of your 2004 Sienna so early may I ask?
Just looking for something different?
The GL is a very nice SUV.

AutoSaurus

Quote from: gasoline on December 02, 2006, 10:21:04 PM
Why are you changing out of your 2004 Sienna so early may I ask?
Just looking for something different?
The GL is a very nice SUV.

over 55K miles, had it since 5/03, and just looking for another ride.  I get bored quickly.  I had a Sequoia prior to that which I really liked.  Kids are getting older now so lower riding minivan isn't necessary anymore.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: AutoSaurus on December 02, 2006, 10:27:36 PM
over 55K miles, had it since 5/03, and just looking for another ride. I get bored quickly. I had a Sequoia prior to that which I really liked. Kids are getting older now so lower riding minivan isn't necessary anymore.

Have you looked at a Q7 4.2?

edit: I'd say Touareg but you need 3 rows I presume

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT_Power

Quote from: AutoSaurus on December 02, 2006, 10:16:30 PM

So you'll have a ML + GL? Not much sense there imo
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

ifcar

You own SiennaClub and you're trading in your Sienna? Will you continue to run the site?

And welcome.

AutoSaurus

Quote from: touareg208 on December 02, 2006, 10:43:17 PM
Have you looked at a Q7 4.2?

edit: I'd say Touareg but you need 3 rows I presume

I did and was not impressed with interior roominess.  Quality wise it was great.  The 3rd row is a joke.  I've got to have a functioning 3rd row.

AutoSaurus

Quote from: ifcar on December 03, 2006, 06:11:11 AM
You own SiennaClub and you're trading in your Sienna? Will you continue to run the site?

And welcome.

No plans at this time.  Lots of good people there and I enjoy running it.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: AutoSaurus on December 03, 2006, 07:52:27 AM
I did and was not impressed with interior roominess. Quality wise it was great. The 3rd row is a joke. I've got to have a functioning 3rd row.

I agree. I'm 6" and my dad is 6"4 and we find the rear seat of our Touareg hopeless.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

AutoSaurus

HurricaneSteve

I'm going to have to side with Raghavan on this one, while it's not ugly by any means, I don't see what the big fuss is over this vehicle other than the fact that it's better than what came before it. That grill just feels so...uninspired. It could be lowered a few inches too.

gasoline

so cal cookie

Haha, what a small world.
I'll admit to being a member there.  Thanks to the members on that site providing the service manual, they helped me diagnose the broken door strap on the drivers door of my mom's '04 Sienna.

so cal cookie

This Buick looks great in person.  Unfortunately, on Saturday, there was NO ONE looking at it, or any of the other Lambdas. :(

gasoline

Quote from: so cal cookie on December 06, 2006, 12:27:00 AM
This Buick looks great in person.  Unfortunately, on Saturday, there was NO ONE looking at it, or any of the other Lambdas. :(
That's too bad. What was everybody  looking at?

so cal cookie

Quote from: gasoline on December 06, 2006, 08:56:46 AM
That's too bad. What was everybody  looking at?
Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and... that's about it.
GM, Ford, Chrysler displays were ghost towns, heck even the Volkswagen, Audi, Nissan, and Infiniti displays were pretty empty.

It's really sad to think about.  Ford and GM are building the best cars they've built in years, if not ever, and no one, in So Cal at least, is willing to give them so much as a glance.

gasoline

Quote from: so cal cookie on December 06, 2006, 10:30:26 AM
Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and... that's about it.
GM, Ford, Chrysler displays were ghost towns, heck even the Volkswagen, Audi, Nissan, and Infiniti displays were pretty empty.

It's really sad to think about.  Ford and GM are building the best cars they've built in years, if not ever, and no one, in So Cal at least, is willing to give them so much as a glance.
I agree. Who would ever go to a car show to see a Toyota? That's ridiculous. And Toyota didn't even have anything new on hand this year--except the Tundra.

Atomic

Quote from: touareg208 on November 28, 2006, 08:48:58 AM
Given this is the new-generation Rendezvous... it's one hell of an improvement. Just put a Northstar V8 in and we'll be set.

gm does not want us to remember the minivan-based buick rendezvous and it's pontiac aztek twin. these vehicles are history!

Catman

Quote from: gasoline on December 06, 2006, 11:13:32 AM
I agree. Who would ever go to a car show to see a Toyota? That's ridiculous. And Toyota didn't even have anything new on hand this year--except the Tundra.

Where's the Tundra pics?  :(

gasoline

gasoline