Autobild: BMW 335i vs Porsche 911 Carrera

Started by cawimmer430, November 28, 2006, 06:14:58 AM

J86

life's too short :cheers:

And yeah, that pic is fucked

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

mazda6er

Quote from: M_power on November 28, 2006, 09:48:25 PM
I thought the two tires would be touching :huh:
Oh no, he's going straight for fender on that. 335i don't waste no time, baby. 2nd base...check.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

850CSi

Quote from: mazda6er on November 28, 2006, 09:32:33 PM
so anyone else notice the Bimmer is fender-fucking the Porsche in that last pic?

Sig-worthy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

omicron

Only the most special of quotes get put into sigs :praise: :praise: :lol:

Raza

Quote from: GoCougs on November 28, 2006, 08:53:24 PM
Oh boy are you being kind to the situation.

You'd be surprised how many people in the luxury car world put fake badges on their car.  One trip to a highline used car dealership, and you'll see SLK230s with AMG badges stuck on them, 325Cis with M3 gills on the side, and the like.  It's entirely possible.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sandertheshark

What's this, Cougs doesn't buy my story?  I'll send in some Delta Force guys to persuade him.

SVT_Power

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 29, 2006, 09:02:07 AM
What's this, Cougs doesn't buy my story?  I'll send in some Delta Force guys to persuade him.

Do you guys have a SF group within the air force?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

sportyaccordy

The E46 Coupe was indeed uglier than the sedan, outside of the M3. The problem with it was that the wheels were all too small. With slight lowering and the 19" CSL BBS wheels even a plebian 323Ci looked phenomenal.

As far as the E92, really, pictures don't do it justice. It is much more organic than the E46 without being Taurus-ish...it just looks "tight". I can't really say it looks like a BMW though; it lost that Teutonic feel. The E90 has bits of it left.

These two cars are in totally different stratospheres though. It should be interesting to see how the next M3 will compare to the 911, or even the GT3...

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 29, 2006, 09:02:07 AM

I don't believe your story either.   I find it hard to believe that they allow sharks into the Air Force, and that sharks can type (maybe some dolphins), and I find it incredibly hard to believe that sharks can drive cars and survive out of water.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sandertheshark

Quote from: M_power on November 29, 2006, 09:21:38 AM
Do you guys have a SF group within the air force?
Yeah, but they mostly do counter-terror and very hot search and rescue.  Not assassinations selective-target operations.

sandertheshark

Quote from: Raza on November 29, 2006, 09:28:25 AM
I don't believe your story either. I find it hard to believe that they allow sharks into the Air Force, and that sharks can type (maybe some dolphins), and I find it incredibly hard to believe that sharks can drive cars and survive out of water.
It was a special program.  Following the success of the Navy's programs with dolphins and sea lions the Air Force decided to try genetically-modified sharks.  I was the only one who survived the first round of tests and congress pulled funding after Senator Kennedy saw "Deep Blue Sea."  But here I am.

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 29, 2006, 09:34:24 AM
It was a special program.  Following the success of the Navy's programs with dolphins and sea lions the Air Force decided to try genetically-modified sharks.  I was the only one who survived the first round of tests and congress pulled funding after Senator Kennedy saw "Deep Blue Sea."  But here I am.

I remember reading about that.  First Kennedy tried to turn himself into LL Cool J so he would be safe.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sandertheshark

For what it's worth I was lying about CJ doing 182 mph.  I've actually never had the opportunity to try and find her top speed.  I've estimated the drivetrain can deliver 180+ but Cougs is right about that being aerodynamically impossible.  I've done somewhere in the neighborhood of 160 and I'm guessing that's about the limit.  Sorry to put people on like that.  I don't know why I did that. :(

heelntoe

@heelntoe

The Pirate

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 29, 2006, 09:55:59 AM
For what it's worth I was lying about CJ doing 182 mph. I've actually never had the opportunity to try and find her top speed. I've estimated the drivetrain can deliver 180+ but Cougs is right about that being aerodynamically impossible. I've done somewhere in the neighborhood of 160 and I'm guessing that's about the limit. Sorry to put people on like that. I don't know why I did that. :(

Dammit, you just crushed my world.  Now that I know that Fairlanes can't go 182 mph with stock bodywork, I really have no reason to exist anymore...
So long, cruel world.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

sandertheshark

Quote from: The Pirate on November 29, 2006, 09:59:58 AM

Dammit, you just crushed my world. Now that I know that Fairlanes can't go 182 mph with stock bodywork, I really have no reason to exist anymore...
So long, cruel world.
I knew that would happen.  That's why I tried to feed cougs a bunch of BS, but I forgot that's basically his main diet.  Sorry, Jamal.

The Pirate

Hahaha, 182 mph or not, it's still a beautiful car.  And 160 mph is nothing to sneer at for a two ton car from the 60's.  I can only wonder what 560 lb-ft feels like...
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SJ_GTI

Huh, call me crazy but that 335i holds its own in presence even next to the 911.

The 335i coupe is definitely sexy. I have to admit that I do somewhat regret not ordering (and financing) one instead of buying my GTI. Ah well. If I drive this car for two years I should be able to purchase an M3 or S4 free and clear.  :ohyeah:

850CSi

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 29, 2006, 12:46:34 PM
Ah well. If I drive this car for two years I should be able to purchase an M3 or S4 free and clear.? :ohyeah:

Remind me again why I'm not an accounting major....

SJ_GTI

850CSi

SVT_Power

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 29, 2006, 09:55:59 AM
For what it's worth I was lying about CJ doing 182 mph.  I've actually never had the opportunity to try and find her top speed.  I've estimated the drivetrain can deliver 180+ but Cougs is right about that being aerodynamically impossible.  I've done somewhere in the neighborhood of 160 and I'm guessing that's about the limit.  Sorry to put people on like that.  I don't know why I did that. :(

Major integrity issues here, Lt. Sanders?  :nono:

:lol:

sandertheshark

cawimmer430

Quote from: pommes-t on November 28, 2006, 08:51:56 AM

Thanks for posting this Wimmer. But English speakers won't get the meaning of the last picture...

:ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 28, 2006, 09:04:08 AM
Why did they test an Automatic against a manual?  The manual 335i can do 0-100kmh in much less than 5.5 seconds.  I've personally beaten that with a street-start.  "Low German" bias, right from the start, pitting a paddle-shift slushbox against a 911 with a manual.  A 335i with a 6MT will smoke a Carrera at the stoplight, and add about 2000 Euros to that price difference too.

No explanation as to why they did what they did. Even with a manual, the 335i still wouldn't be the hardcore sports car that the Porsche is. It would have been quicker than the A/T 335i, but it still would have been that GT type of sports car, still a little biased towards comfort than the Porsche is.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Submariner

Quote from: GoCougs on November 28, 2006, 08:30:56 PM

Model is hard-coded to the VIN when it is assigned to the vehicle. It is then of course transferred to the title and registration. Anyone with the capability to forge these document(s) I think would be onto much, much better paying scams. The flaw with this scam of course is that the bank would not have a Blue Book value indicating the slightly higher value since the model didn't exist. The bank or lending institution would have likely caught the forged document(s) anyway, and would not have loaned on it. The insurance company too would have noted that the model simply didn't exist, and if the model does not exist they cannot insure it.

Wasn't the hack job on the badge obvious to an eight year old? It's all one contiguous piece, correct? And you didn't have such an expensive, complicated used car checked out by a mechanic prior to purchase, who would have obviously noted that an "x" model didn't exist? And then you find that you were scammed, and just let the guy go, with no report to the police of the forged vehicle-related documents, which could have been a strong indication that the car was stolen or had a rebuilt title? And you didn't check Blue Book value in preparation for negotiations, which obviously would have told you that the "x" didn't exist?

Sorry to call you out in such a public manner, and I'm sure you're a nice regular fella that seems to have a good head on your shoulders, but that's one of the most convoluted lie cover-ups I've ever heard. It's painfully obvious you've never owned a 528i, "x" or otherwise.

I've seen a "740xi" before.  That, and a "S-65 AMG."  The AMG would have been believable, if it weren't on a 1993 300SD.  :rolleyes:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Submariner

Quote from: GoCougs on November 28, 2006, 09:29:11 PM
Why would you let people you know lie to you without challenge (if you can consider Carspin affiliation "knowing")?

You lie and I'll call you on it every single time; family, co-worker, boss, friend, or acquaintance on the Internets. I'm sorry, but these two were simply way over the top to give any quarter.

I hope that this thread can realign itself. Thusly, this will be my last post on the subject.

So I guess you don't believe that I have a 3000 HP "type-R" BMW?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT_Power

Quote from: Submariner on December 02, 2006, 02:07:02 PM
So I guess you don't believe that I have a 3000 HP "type-R" BMW?

Neither do I. You only get 600-700HP from those badges. Not 3000HP :nono: